Adena @ Southeastern

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Adena @ Southeastern

Post by Orange and Brown »

It is harder for good programs to schedule up because they are good programs. It's hard to schedule up when up isn't that far up. Even for the good SEO teams, the only way to trully shedule up most of the time is by going outside SEO, then your talking about travel time. If you look at some of the schools in SEO who are trying to schedule up you will notice if they beat one of these teams or split a home and home with them that school will not schedule them anymore. I think the perception of SEO football isn't that great so when we do well against teams from other parts of the state, they take it pretty badly.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Did Adena take care of that gopher problem at the football field?

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

o and b, are you trying to say that you think that people outside of SE ohio are afraid to schedule Nelsonville? I know from Ron Hinton that Amanda tried scheduling you guys a few times and you refused. You went with Berne Union instead. I also know that West Jefferson tried to schedule you and you refused. What teams are you referring to that would not schedule you guys anymore because you beat them? Fairfield Union?

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

Post by pantherclawdefense »

yeah eagle i heard about that about an hour ago,,,dont know if its a rumor,,,to stir the team up or what,,,,i know this much se needs to fix that bell,,,funny watchin the boys "duck and weave" to avoid flying parts when they ring it...lol

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

cavs fan...lol...
well, s.e. is absolutely not scheduling as you say.. money is a zero factor.
they only have 4 HOME GAMES THIS YEAR!!
very very sad for the seniors
the football program has to deal with how the schedule is set up by the adm

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Yes, wrestlefan it is sad for the Seniors to have so many away games. They have worked hard this year at SE and it would be nice if other people wouldn't dog SE so much. Maybe they should look at svcsportszone at last year's stats and this year's stats so far. The QB (Colburn) has a lot of talent as does Cottrill, Hall and Brown. Every team has a handful of good talent. Who wins? Come see Friday night!

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Does anyone remember that Adena only beat SE by 3 points last year? As far as the Cinderella story....no one can take that away from SE, win or lose, they have already surpassed what past teams have done in several years. You go SE and don't listen to the negativity!

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

What is negative and if I was a past SE football player I would be offended that people could think that this team is much better than years past. Are they better, probably so...However, their schedule has allowed them to be more successful at this point so far as compared to the tougher schedules former SE football teams have faced. Just because they have won 4 games doesn't mean they are the better team than SE has ever had...Be careful in comparing that way!

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

Cavs fan.. where did you come up with that?
s.e is not talking trash
s.e is not talking themselves up
They did not say they are "the better team than SE has ever had"
they have better stats this year and are having some success.
people want to say they are rattling cages and talking themselves up when THEY ARENT
people want s.e to be cocky so they can throw their past up at them
to bad they are just playing a good game of football on friday night

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

its just 27 players along with coaches,,that have decided to be the best team they could be,,by working hard and playing the game right, period,,,,,that does not make them the best team ever,,,or even in the svc,,,they are only taking care of whats in their control.

Pioneer_football
Waterboy

Post by Pioneer_football »

I take adena in this bc they are looking for revenge. Apparently some southeastern players decided to tear up adenas football and baseball fields by digging some huge holes in them. Not a very classy move if u ask me but I hope adena wins this one big

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

I think you all are crazy if you think southeastern is going to get thrashed friday night. It should be a good game and I still maintain that it will be close. The whole point about SE's schedule being soft is moot because the panthers have won every game handily and been consistent on both sides of the ball. The strength of schedule does put southeastern in a very good position to have a good year, and they have taken full advantage so far. There is no way adena goes to SE and wins big.

Does anyone know what time the gates open at SE friday night? Thanks.

theair77
Waterboy

Post by theair77 »

Roadrunner wrote:I think you all are crazy if you think southeastern is going to get thrashed friday night. It should be a good game and I still maintain that it will be close. The whole point about SE's schedule being soft is moot because the panthers have won every game handily and been consistent on both sides of the ball. The strength of schedule does put southeastern in a very good position to have a good year, and they have taken full advantage so far. There is no way adena goes to SE and wins big.

Does anyone know what time the gates open at SE friday night? Thanks.
The gate open at 6 think kickoff at 7 be there early

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

should open around 6?..and anyone that thinks se" players" did anything to adena feild,,,well i got some beach front property i would like to sell.

blueskin
Riding the Bench

Post by blueskin »

So, are you saying it may have been an "ex-player" ?

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

s.e. players went and dug holes in their football and baseball fields..
LOLOL
hilarious
you people really believe that the se players OR EX players did that.

man, that motivation tactic is way to old.
but hey, if adena needs that to get fired up more power to them i guess.

3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Post by 3 Step Drop »

Yeah actually think they would do that to be completely honest.
Adena-28
Southeastern-14

GO WARRIORS!

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Southeastern didn't trash Adena's field...what would be the point in that? They are playing at SE...ummm, yeah...I did hear a rumor going around that Adena trashed their own field because the soccer team got to play at the Paints field and Adena wanted to play their next HOME game at the Paints field....I don't know what is true and what is not BUT I do know that SE kids didn't do it! These boys want to play... not do something stupid to get into trouble like tear up a field! It will be a good game on both sides tonight...good luck to all and am praying for no injuries.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

southeastern has no beef with adena,,,has not for quite some time.....absolutely no reason for them to try and motivate adena,,,,everybody is gunning for se already.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

congrats to adena,,literally demolishing southeastern...good luck the rest of the season.

Return to “Football”