Waterboy

Adena @ Southeastern

Post by theair77 »

thoughts

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

Re: Adena @ Southeastern

Post by pantherclawdefense »

this one probably will not get alot of responses,,,glad to see hutchinson back and healthy.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

SE takes this one, Adena is still young

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

i hear good things about yates,,,always good to have an athlete that can run and throw.

theair77
Waterboy

Post by theair77 »

Well it'll be who ever wants it more kinda game. Both teams good atheletes like Southeasterns Steven Hall incredablie talented Mike Brown ad QB Christain Colubrn and both line are really food. adenas for Hutcison Yate. I'm seenin a low socein game with defense begin the decider Southeastern 21 Adena 14. SE starts 5 and O and ready to go

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

our lines are 100% improved from last season,,,so props to the big boys!....nothin goes right without ya,,,so keep up the hard work.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Southeastern wins. I think you guys will take the svc. I heard on 94.3 that you guys only have 27 kids playing. Nice job on the 4-0 start. Best of luck all the way.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

alot of tough football left to play,,alot of things can happen week to week,,,but the boys seem loose, but focused when fridays come around.....hope your right roadrunner.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

This is going to be another test for SE. Colburn/Yates Hall/Hutchinson ...who will play better? Both schools want this one! WKKJ was so impressed with SE that they are coming back for more and if you heard them talking after the SE game last week, they say SE is for real and that the ONLY question they have is if they will stay healthy. Of course I am biased so I am going with SE on this one and I hope you all stay real too ;-)

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

Not to take anything away from SE's 4-0 start, but I don't think they have played a team like they will see this week. Adena kids are a tough bunch. I don't know what it is about the kids in Frankfort, but they are typically tough, strong, and just plain in your face kids when it comes to athletics. I am not an Adena fan, actually far from it, but those kids just play hard. I don't care if you are playing them in four-square, they are going to do what they have to do to win. I see the strength of schedule coming in to play this week. What will it be like for SE having to play 4 quarters? Their starters have not had to yet this season. I love what SE has done to improve their team, but I think the Cinderella story stops here. Good Luck to both teams, and hopefully everyone stays healthy. My prediction Adena 27 SE 21

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

they played,,,all but maybe three minutes of last weeks game.,,,and i know the boys know what it takes....maybe the cinderella story ends,,this week or maybe a new story is written.who knows......this game depends alot on adenas game plan offensively.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

The next two weeks will be a good measuring stick as to what southeastern's season is all about. Regardless of strength of schedule, the panthers have won handily and seem to be playing with a high level of confidence. Will that carry over against adena? We will find out for sure friday evening. I say southeastern makes a statement and wins a tough one at home.

Yield
Waterboy

Post by Yield »

Adena by 1.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Mark my words this week. Adena will win by at least 2 TD's. At first glance you must be impressed with SE's turn around to 4 and 0 this season. Impressed until you look at it a little closer. McDermott NW is a historically awful program that will finish 3-7 this season if they squeak out another win. Manchester is playing their 3rd season of varsity football and have yet to win a game in those 3 seasons. This is Fayetteville's first season of Varsity football. They did beat a bad team in Gallatin County last week and could contend with Green this week before they beat Manchester the next weekend to maybe finish with 3 wins. Paint Valley is way way down and will battle it out with Huntington to see who ends their losing streaks.

Lets keep it in perspective. Adena is 1-3 due to a much tougher schedule and will show tomorrow night.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

nice post cavfan,,,im wondering if adena comes right out throwing the homerun ball?or if they run it and throw the waggle?...should be a good gut check for se,,,as theyhave gotten used to the homerun ball,,the second half of our first 3 games.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

if it is so benificial to a teams success to "schedule up",,,why do alot of the better programs "schedule down"....when it hurts their chances of making the play-offs.

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

This should be a great game. People can complain or ridicule SE's schedule all they want, but those kids can't do anything but play the teams that show up on a given Friday night. Kudos to them for being where they are right now. Lots of excitement in the Dale/Londonderry area, and rightfully so. This game will tell a lot about where both of these teams are. I would imagine a very low scoring contest. SE has a lot of momentum and confidence, and Adena finally got that monkey off of their back last week. Good luck to both teams. Really excited about getting the chance to go to this game. Not sure the last time that I planned a Friday night in Richmond Dale for a football game.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

well dont go to richmond dale farmer,, we aint there no more lol...hope ya enjoy the game,,come early.

theair77
Waterboy

Post by theair77 »

Man i like how all these people are trying to take something away from southeastern succes this year. Im mean kids are kids they all go thro twoaday the all sweat they all play hard when the lights turn on on fridays. Its who wants more thats football plan and simple. This is gonna be a great game come and watch.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

I agree with you Hogfarmer, the kids from SE had to play the schedule they were presented and did their job. That is a great accomplishment for those players and the fans should be excited. However, I would love to see how excited they are in SE 4 weeks into the SVC schedule even though it is very down this season. Would love to see SE have a winning season but think they will end .500 with one more win coming against Huntington.

Pantherclaw- I think that teams in tougher leagues need to schedule down in non league because they cannot afford to get beat up going into league play. Look at Oak Hill, they have to schedule some better non-league opponents because they are only challenged by 1 team in their league in Symmes Valley. SE would not benefit playing a tough schedule right now because their is no confidence in the program, they need to get excitement in the program. As the program progresses, then you can begin to schedule tougher non league opponents.

Think of it this way, if SE plays 2 playoff teams in the first 3 weeks and lose, they are 2 and 2 right now and not many people show up Friday night. Now that they are 4 and 0 think of the crowd that will be at the game on Friday, helps the school in more ways that one. $$$$

Return to “Football”