P(irate) wrote: wobycat wrote:
P(irate) wrote:Watching a little bit of Ridgewood here are a few things I have noticed:
1) The RB's run straight up. THEY make themselves to be huge targets.
2) RB's are not THAT fast.
3) QB has a good arm and is really quick.
4) Pistol style offense with 2 backs. Always a man in motion to the side they run. Even the counter trey.
5) Defense runs either a 4-2 or 3-3. Always bring 4 in the 3-3.
6) Zone, zone and more zone. CB's lock their guy down but everyone else plays zone.
7) The middle is open @ about 10-15 yd routes.
8) Coverage is always watching QB. Receivers can get open.
9) Kicker is not great for distance. Should start with decent field position all night. Kicks are landing around the 20.
10) Punter is average at best. His kicks are short but he gets the roll.
That is really in depth. Have you seen a game on them? They've got highlights on YouTube but haven't seen anything like a complete game.
Yea. I've seen film. I watchef the stuff on YouTube as well. It's just highlights. In game film they look a lot different. THEY struggle at times. I really think Burg wins this one by 3 scores.
Depending on what games you saw on the Wood, you may have seen them without their best player #30. Injured his ankle in week #5 missed games 6,7, played 1st quarter in week 8 before reinjuring ankle. Game 6 being Garaway. He played some defensively against Garaway but for the most part on 1 leg. He was replaced by a freshmen at the Tailback position. His absence ultimately did not decide any games he missed, but playing without your best player hurts most teams.
The Wood is pretty good defensively, especially against the run. Tough group of kids that play hard.
Any time you play the #1 ranked team in the state I think you are considered the underdog...not sure why posters on here feel the need to predict a win in this one, Burg should win...should win the region. With that said the Wood will not be driving 3.5 hrs to be a ceremonial fill in, they will not be intimidated, Burg will have to earn their way to week 12.