Wheelesrburg 37 Ridgewood 6

fbnut
SEOP

Re: WK 11: Ridgewood @ Wheelersburg

Post by fbnut »

Burg4 wrote:I agree we should all be proud. You can break it down and see O line is not as big this year, we've had a couple key players out lately...there's a million ways to look at it. Both finished 10-0. I think that this team has challenges just like the 2015 team did and we will be rooting them to go as far as they can!
We can agree on that
Go burg

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Instead of arguing what Burg team is better let's talk about what Ridgewood brings to the table. I thought I heard somewhere back that they didn't lose much from last year and was young last season. Btw YouTube has plenty of Ridgewood videos of the 2016 team.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Watching a little bit of Ridgewood here are a few things I have noticed:
1) The RB's run straight up. THEY make themselves to be huge targets.
2) RB's are not THAT fast.
3) QB has a good arm and is really quick.
4) Pistol style offense with 2 backs. Always a man in motion to the side they run. Even the counter trey.
5) Defense runs either a 4-2 or 3-3. Always bring 4 in the 3-3.
6) Zone, zone and more zone. CB's lock their guy down but everyone else plays zone.
7) The middle is open @ about 10-15 yd routes.
8) Coverage is always watching QB. Receivers can get open.
9) Kicker is not great for distance. Should start with decent field position all night. Kicks are landing around the 20.
10) Punter is average at best. His kicks are short but he gets the roll.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Good post.

Does Ridgewood still run the Wing-T? A few yrs back, in 2010, I believe they did. Ridgewood finished the year 9-1, and their only loss is to undefeated #2 Garaway. Ridgewood kids are a hard-nosed bunch that will come to play. I'm going to have to check this one out and cheer on the SOCII Champs.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

vladimir wrote:^ Good post.

Does Ridgewood still run the Wing-T? A few yrs back, in 2010, I believe they did. Ridgewood finished the year 9-1, and their only loss is to undefeated #2 Garaway. Ridgewood kids are a hard-nosed bunch that will come to play. I'm going to have to check this one out and cheer on the SOCII Champs.
I saw some wing t in short yardage. The only problem I have with those records are that they both played 6 schools that were lowe divisions. They both beat a D4 team, the one Ridgewood beat was 1-9 on the year I believe. The schedules weren't that tough, but obviously enough to get them both where they are. I don't doubt Ridgewood will come ready to play. They deserve to be here. I just think Burg is more battle tested and if they sling the ball R'wood will be reeling by the end of the first half.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Ridgewood:
Strength of schedule
(no future, non-OHSAA, or playoff games)
Overall 0.271, #599 toughest (of 722)
As a D5 team, #93 toughest (of 107)

Wheelersburg:
Strength of schedule
(no future, non-OHSAA, or playoff games)
Overall 0.409, #445 toughest (of 722)
As a D5 team, #44 toughest (of 107)

Indeed, it appears Wheelersburg does have the edge in scheduling.

http://www.fantastic50.net/

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good luck burg!
Stay healthy, move on, keep SE Ohio fb in the back of the minds of those up north.
Solid play, healthy athletes, & a Lil luck can end up in the big dance,!!!
Ya never know!

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

The Pirates (the Wheelersburg one's) should be the favorites to win the region BUT Liberty Union qualifying should make some coaches nervous. They beat D4 Amanda Clearcreek on the road in a win and in game for both teams. They are battle tested playing the bigger schools in the Mid-State League and will be a tough out.
In this game: Ridgewood is well coached and will come in with a good game plan but I think Wheelersburg gets the win.
Looking forward to watching The Wheelersburg Pirates on a long playoff run again this year.
Go Burg.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Very true' Liberty Union is the Dark Horse. I was shocked to see them get in but like burg bias said they did what they had to do and beat Amanda the rest feel in place for them.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Burg is the favorite. .
I think Ny will be in the finals with burg.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY BUCKS wrote:Burg is the favorite. .
I think Ny will be in the finals with burg.
We d actually play week 12 in the regional semis

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I think Ny will give them the best game in region

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i'd love to see a burg - ny game. it's been forever since the two have played. wonder where that game would be should it happen? i'd actually love to see a burg - ny series or even a burg - acc series

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

fbnut wrote:
Westfan wrote:Wheelersburg is good, but not even close to last year's team on either side of the ball. So far they have out athleted the teams around here. They will make a nice run, but they aren't what fans made them out to be.
What some fans "made them out to be". Plenty of people on here have said this team is no where near last years team.
I believe that this years Burg squad is a little faster than last years but last years team was better on the offensive and defensive lines and this years team has alot more weapons than last years every team is different from year to year but the verdict on this team is still out lets see how they do in the playoffs first but region 19 is gonna be a little tougher this year than last i do know that Garaways quarterback is healthy this year and Coshocton is good but hopefully Ironton will handle them and I hope Burg wins so maybe we would play Nelsonville york in Jackson week #12 GO BURG! Win or lose they have had a great season

Burg grad 85
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Burg Bias wrote:The Pirates (the Wheelersburg one's) should be the favorites to win the region BUT Liberty Union qualifying should make some coaches nervous. They beat D4 Amanda Clearcreek on the road in a win and in game for both teams. They are battle tested playing the bigger schools in the Mid-State League and will be a tough out.
Liberty Union will be tough.

As far as strength of schedules are concerned in Region 19 its:
1)Liberty Union, #32 toughest (of 107)
2)Coshocton, #35 toughest (of 107)
3)Wheelersburg, #44 toughest (of 107)

http://www.fantastic50.net/

In D-V:
Coldwater, #1 toughest (of 107)

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The Burg wins

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

After the week#10 results, Pasteur moved Coldwater back to #1 in DV, dropped 'Burg to #3, moved Milan to #2, and Canton CC in 4th spot. Says '"Burg has a 51% prob of winning R19, about 15% chance of State. Has Garaway at #8, Cosh at #11 and Ironton at #12.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ptguard wrote:After the week#10 results, Pasteur moved Coldwater back to #1 in DV, dropped 'Burg to #3, moved Milan to #2, and Canton CC in 4th spot. Says '"Burg has a 51% prob of winning R19, about 15% chance of State. Has Garaway at #8, Cosh at #11 and Ironton at #12.
Agh. Who cares about that. Anything can happen on any night. I have noticed since we started talking about the game everyone quit posting. LOL

Gluefactory
Waterboy

Post by Gluefactory »

Interesting!!! Two words I haven't heard mentioned in a while, COLDWATER makes ya wanna go. Hmmmmmm!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

Gluefactory wrote:Interesting!!! Two words I haven't heard mentioned in a while, COLDWATER makes ya wanna go. Hmmmmmm!
This thread is about Wheelersburg and Ridgewood. If you guys want to talk about Coldwater go start your own thread.

Return to “Football”