Reg 11 #6 Chillicothe (8-2) @ #3 Hamilton Township (8-2)

Ohio1234
JV Team

Reg 11 #6 Chillicothe (8-2) @ #3 Hamilton Township (8-2)

Post by Ohio1234 »

What are your thoughts? Chillicothe has made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years is this the year they finally get a win? Chillicothe hasn't won a playoff game since 2009. I feel this is a pretty even matchup and a good draw for The Cavaliers.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 11 Chillicothe (8-2) @ Hamilton Township (8-2)

Post by noreply66 »

Go Cavs

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I love this matchup! Finally we get a good draw.
If Maughmer has a solid game Cavs by 10. This kid is SPECIAL!

Go Cavs!

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Welcome back, Chillicothe fans. It's an honor to be your host once again. Glad to see the Cavaliers are doing well, I think this is going to be an exciting game.

For those of you in the Chilli area who haven't been to HT before, it will a straightforward drive for you. The high school is located at 1105 Rathmell Rd, you can either use Columbus OH or Obetz OH, either one is accurate for mapping. You may see an older address of 4995 Lockbourne Rd in some listings, that was the address of the old high school building, which is now a parking lot adjacent to the current building.'

Once you're on US 23 in Franklin County and cross SR 665 / 317, drive 2.1 miles (going past Scioto Downs/Eldorado racino), and look for Rathmell Rd.There is an abandoned one-room brick schoolhouse on the northeast corner of Rathmell and US 23 to use as a landmark for that intersection.

Turn right on Rathmell Rd, go 1.7 miles, and the stadium and parking lot will be on your right. (Before you get there, you'll see our admin building on the right with field lights in the back, that is the soccer stadium)

PARKING - cost to park Hamilton Township school lots has been $2.00 for all previous playoff games we've hosted, I assume it will be so again this coming Saturday. The main parking lot is next to the high school (west side), and is right next to the stadium. There is overflow parking in the front of the school and on the east side of the building, adjacent to Lockbourne Rd.

NOTE: you will see a church just before you get to the stadium, they MAY offer parking for $5.00. Their parking lot is not affiliated with the school. Please do not post any feigned outrage or sanctimonious complaints as to what the church decides to charge. It is their property, they have been very good neighbors to the school, and have allowed the school to use their property for many school functions free of charge for many years. They are not a wealthy church, and this is a badly needed fundraiser if they do charge for parking.

CONCESSIONS -“ stands on both home and visitor sides. Visitors concession (run by the Ranger band parents) will be ready to satisfy your culinary needs. They always have some tasty offerings and desserts besides firing up the grill, and do different things like great soups and lemon shakes. I believe they will have Zunardo's Famous Chili on the menu this week, so you'll stay nice and warm. :)

If you travel early and want to stop somewhere for dinner in the southern Columbus area, you will see Portside Cafe on your left near SR 665, home-cooking cuisine. The usual fast-food places are about a mile north of I-270, including a Ponderosa Steakhouse.

Have a safe trip!
Last edited by Zunardo on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

If I remember correctly, Jacob Long, who originally went to Ashland (KY) and transferred to Hamilton and is now playing defensive back for WVU

ROLL PEAKE
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

bbn77 wrote:If I remember correctly, Jacob Long, who originally went to Ashland (KY) and transferred to Hamilton and is now playing defensive back for WVU
bbn77, you are correct. We were very fortunate to have Jake Long for his senior year, and he committed to WVU. However, he injured his shoulder during preseason in August, had surgery, and is out for the season. Apparently his rehab is going well, and he should be ready to go full-tilt for the Mountaineers for the 2017 season.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Good luck cav's rep it for seo

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Inside/outside em
Riding the Bench

Post by Inside/outside em »

The bracket is set up very nicely...the winner of this game should make the regional finals

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good luck to the Cavaliers! Should be a great game

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: Reg 11 #6 Chillicothe (8-2) @ #3 Hamilton Township (8-2)

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Go cav's

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

if Chillicothe Can cut out the turnovers and penalties especially on big plays I think Chillicothe Wins this game similar to last week 28-24 or 26-24 go cavs.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

I'll have to go with HT.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Might as well get this thing fired up - it will be a ruckus on Rathmell Rd.

I'm a bit rusty. Ever since they closed down the Huddle website, I have nowhere to exercise my horrifying cliches during the regular season. Perhaps Green-n-Gold76 will make an appearance and assist me

LOL - I got a kick out of the playoff helmet display on the main page. That was nice touch, except someone put a DeSales helmet for Hamilton Township. No, Bob Jacoby hasn't coached at HT for a while, if that was a Freudian slip.

Hmm - I guess you could say that constitutes "cavalier treatment" of the Rangers. It's on! :)

OrangeandBlue10
Waterboy

Post by OrangeandBlue10 »

Good Luck Cavs!

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Bad News in Chillicothe Land just got word that Justin Leonard will not be able to play in the game Saturday due to disciplinary issues at school. If this is true it could be a huge blow. Leonard is an All League player best blocker on a struggling O Line he is also a great Outside Linebacker and on of Chillicothe's best defenders.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK CAVS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a decent game. Both barely beat Teays Valley

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Raider6309 wrote:Should be a decent game. Both barely beat Teays Valley
its the time of the year for the irrelevant comparisons. ;) ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:its the time of the year for the irrelevant comparisons. ;) ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:
So you're saying Chillicothe rolls? :roll:

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Raider6309 wrote:
CavalierAlum05 wrote:its the time of the year for the irrelevant comparisons. ;) ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:
So you're saying Chillicothe rolls? :roll:

No no, not at all. I am saying the whole comparing who you played thing in sports comparisons is merely a form of discussion with zero weight. We as sports fans just use it as a topic but it doesn't amount to anything. CM only beat Trace by 10 or so... Chilli beat them by 30+...we know how that ended up.

Return to “Football”