Reg 23 #8 Bishop Ready (7-3) @ #1 River (9-0)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Reg 23 #8 Bishop Ready (7-3) @ #1 River (9-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

bsee12345 wrote:Before the playoff pairings were announced there was a topic on Region 23 playoffs. I posted in that topic that the central ohio teams in Division 6 have had success in the playoffs. I am not here to bash any team or make predictions because anybody can beat anybody on a given night. What I think is trying to be pointed out is the Hannibal River is not going to do anything that Ready has not seen this year. Yes, Ready got beat soundly by CHCA, Hartley and Whitehall but what those teams do is expose you to athleticsm and speed at most all positions on the field. I am not saying anything negative about Hannibal River because when you go 9-0 you have to be a good team. With that being said Hannibal River does not put on the field the athletes that Hartley, CHCA and Whitehall does. When a team plays Hartley and CHCA you get exposed to teams that are playing at a higher level. Hartley and CHCA whole season is based on winning state championships not getting to playoffs and winning a game or 2. I am not going to say the Hannibal River will not win because they are good and you can not measure heart and determination that I am know the Pilots play with. Ready will be ready to play and will not be intimated by the Pilots. Hopefully it will be a great game.

I have said the whole time I think Ready will win by 12 or so. My point is Ready has played great teams yes but they also didn't beat any good teams. They were not even blowing out teams much worse then River so to say 49 point running clock is ridiculous to me.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Reg 23: 8. Bishop Ready (7-3) @ 1. River (9-0)

Post by Crab's Brother »

EasternDspy wrote:
Chalito wrote:Good Luck.....Be back to see you after the game.

Can only beat (2-8) Lima Central by 11 yet they are going to beat the 1 seed by 40??? No way am I buying that. I do think they win close.

LCC would have ran the table playing River's schedule...

Does that mean anything here? No. But Ready will come into this game having faced much better teams than River. So there is no "shock factor". Has River played a kid like Dukes? I don't know, but if not there could be the other way around. I think Ready wins a close one.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I pulling for River to win. It would set up a game in Zanesville I've been waiting 8 years for.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They have no opponents in common but Ready did play Meadowbrook winning 49-22. Barnesville beat Meadowbrook 56-26. Shadyside beat Meadowbrook by 7. Buckeye Trail beat Meadowbrook by 1. River beat Shadyside by 32 and Trail by 15. What does all this mean nothing really the games decided on the field. I think Ready wins by 2 possessions but I'm rooting for the Pilots.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

I have not made any negative comments toward you Mr. EasternDspy. I have simply stated my opinion and I will continue to stand by it. Remember...if HR even keeps it closer than 40+ you can totally abuse me. HR played an absolutely horrific schedule. (Crusaders Club team, among a bunch of D7''s that likely won't win a game. Look for Bellaire to get throttled by Newark Catholic. You have absolutely no idea how good Hartley and Cincy Christian Hills are. If Hartly came down your way to play a game, and the HR fans attended, the HR community would think they just saw a professional football team play. Bsee, with all due respect I disagree with your assessment that anybody could beat anybody any given night. That's a nice cliche' but not really reality. I would say that if Ready played Hartley 1000 times, Ready would win 1 of the 1000. So that part could be true. But....if Hartley played HR 10,000 times HR would go 0 and 10,000, or for that matter, 0 and 100,000. The best thing you can look forward too Dspy is that NC and Ready will likely jump to D5 next year. But then again, there are teams in this region that are better than many of the teams in the region that made the playoffs. Teams like HR will always have their hands full in this region as long as teams like West jeff and Grandview heights stay in the region. Good luck to the Pilots and perhaps their greatest supporter, Mr. EasternDspy, but just be sure you are as ready as you can be when Ready takes the field against HR. I will even maintain a humble approach and simply come back after the game and congratulate HR on a great year for them. HR will be turning in their pads Monday after school. If this post fires HR up, man this is a very small world. Who really gives a crap what I think? I really don't think HR does. They will play their hearts out I'm sure, and they will likely say, How could we lose to a team that was the 8th ranked team in the region? As stated many times......Good luck.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

I've been lurking, but I have to laugh. Easterndspy being accused of being a River homer? What has the world come to???

Congrats to him for attempting to stand-up for River though.

I have no idea if River can play with Ready. There no way that I believe this is a blowout either way. I'd pick Ready by a score if you made me choose.

I think River will score plenty though. My only question is if the can get stops? Tough draw for both as I think these are 2 of the top 3 teams in the region.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Anyone that's been on this site knows my feelings about River and I'm not fan. That being said I do hate this notion that Central teams are automatically better then all southeast teams. Didn't Valley go to state 2 years ago. I get Grandview Heights smoked River last year. River returned most of its team and is much improved this year. Get off your high horse River is much better then some of the teams on the schedule. At the end of the day who River beat won't matter. Also who Ready played and got throttled by won't matter.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

I would give the nod to the top 3 teams in the region, that actually made the playoffs, to Ready, NC and Chesapeake. The next best team in the region is likely West Jefferson, and then Grandview Heights. After those 5 teams, its a toss-up.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

EasternDspy wrote:Anyone that's been on this site knows my feelings about River and I'm not fan. That being said I do hate this notion that Central teams are automatically better then all southeast teams. Didn't Valley go to state 2 years ago. I get Grandview Heights smoked River last year. River returned most of its team and is much improved this year. Get off your high horse River is much better then some of the teams on the schedule. At the end of the day who River beat won't matter. Also who Ready played and got throttled by won't matter.

Well if you put it that way, at the end of the day, nothing at all matters. Ready prevails 48-7.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:I would give the nod to the top 3 teams in the region, that actually made the playoffs, to Ready, NC and Chesapeake. The next best team in the region is likely West Jefferson, and then Grandview Heights. After those 5 teams, its a toss-up.

Good thing the play the games on the field and not by you're dumb biased opinions. So quick to judge a team you've never watched play.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Anyone that's been on this site knows my feelings about River and I'm not fan. That being said I do hate this notion that Central teams are automatically better then all southeast teams. Didn't Valley go to state 2 years ago. I get Grandview Heights smoked River last year. River returned most of its team and is much improved this year. Get off your high horse River is much better then some of the teams on the schedule. At the end of the day who River beat won't matter. Also who Ready played and got throttled by won't matter.

Well if you put it that way, at the end of the day, nothing at all matters. Ready prevails 48-7.
If Meadowbrook can keep it close at half and score over 20 I say River can least do that.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ready allowing over 24 ppg I say River will score more then 7. River needs to lean on that much bigger offensive line in this game.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

EasternDspy wrote:
Chalito wrote:I would give the nod to the top 3 teams in the region, that actually made the playoffs, to Ready, NC and Chesapeake. The next best team in the region is likely West Jefferson, and then Grandview Heights. After those 5 teams, its a toss-up.

Good thing the play the games on the field and not by you're dumb biased opinions. So quick to judge a team you've never watched play.

Wow! Insults prove that I have absolutely hit a nerve. You are correct. I have never seen HR play but I have seen Hartley play and I have see Cincy Christian Hill play and I have seen Ready play. I also have never seen any of the teams HR has played. I remember having almost the identical conversation with a HR fan last year about the HR/Grandview H game. As you can probably guess, I never heard another word from that HR fan after that game was played. (Actually, that HR fan was much worse when it came to the name calling and bitterness whenr my prediction of a running clock in that game came very true.) Hang in there soldier. HR will get their chance to make some noise perhaps next year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:

Wow! Insults prove that I have absolutely hit a nerve. You are correct. I have never seen HR play but I have seen Hartley play and I have see Cincy Christian Hill play and I have seen Ready play. I also have never seen any of the teams HR has played. I remember having almost the identical conversation with a HR fan last year about the HR/Grandview H game. As you can probably guess, I never heard another word from that HR fan after that game was played. (Actually, that HR fan was much worse when it came to the name calling and bitterness whenr my prediction of a running clock in that game came very true.) Hang in there soldier. HR will get their chance to make some noise perhaps next year.

What does getting blown out by Hartley and Cincy Hills have to do with this game???? Every team would get blown out by them. You don't get medals for participation. I do apologize for the dumb insult my bad.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Actually River is much improved from last years team. Last years team didn't even deserve to make the playoffs but this is a new year. You've never seen them play yet you can say they'd win 0 out of 1000 vs Ready.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

No, I said that Ready would win 1 out of 1000 versus Hartley. I said that HR would lose 10,000 out of 10,000 to Hartley. Even 100,000 out of 100,000 to Hartley. I would say that HR would likely win 1 out of 250 if they played Ready 250 times. Like Lioyd Christmas said in the critically acclaimed "Dumb and Dumber." "So your telling me there's a chance?"

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Well considering Drew Pastuer is an expert and he has River winning by 7 I'd say your 40 point running clock is a little off.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No one cares that Hartley blasted Ready it's irrelevant they'd beat everyone in the region that bad.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

I'd hold off on your harsh judgement of my predictions. I predicted every state champion last year (although I thought Coldwater didn't really count--if you didn't pick them you really don't know the game) EXCEPT the Steubenville-Hartley game. (I took Steubenville) I actually picked all the others correctly. And i picked them only after the playoffs pairings were released. I did not predict just the final games. And yes, I did predict Kirtland to win in D 6.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chalito wrote:I'd hold off on your harsh judgement of my predictions. I predicted every state champion last year (although I thought Coldwater didn't really count--if you didn't pick them you really don't know the game) EXCEPT the Steubenville-Hartley game. (I took Steubenville) I actually picked all the others correctly. And i picked them only after the playoffs pairings were released. I did not predict just the final games. And yes, I did predict Kirtland to win in D 6.

Kirtland will most likely have to revenge a 21-0 loss to Cuyahoga Heights to even win the region.

Return to “Football”