Reg 23 #8 Bishop Ready (7-3) @ #1 River (9-0)

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Re: Reg 23 #8 Bishop Ready (7-3) @ #1 River (9-0)

Post by PVCGuru »

Great game. 28-21. River had a throw to tie at the buzzer.

Chalito, should simply shut the hell up. Great game from 2 very good teams. Duke's got hurt late, no idea moving forward.
Last edited by PVCGuru on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

I'd like to say great season to the pilots, but simply I'm sure they wanted more. Way to hang in late and make a push. Another game of proving central Ohio parochial schools can beat the best of the SE. Good luck to the rest of the teams left.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Heck of a year from the Pilots.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Dspy, I wholeheartedly agree. Chalito, it is readily apparent to me that your big head is the same size as the moniker that you use on this forum. You've proven that over three pages on this thread. Let's see how many get that. ;)

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Ready jumped out quick and then the tide really turned when the fumble was recovered for a TD. Great showing by HR. Ready likely goes to D5 next year so you have no worries for next year.

Hey PVGuru. It sounds like you may have had one too many. There were only two teams playing tonight. Better days ahead for you and small school SE Ohio football. Get some rest tonight. No need to lose any sleep over a HS football game. I was wrong man. I can admit it. Gotta give HR alot of credit.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

Chalito wrote:Ready jumped out quick and then the tide really turned when the fumble was recovered for a TD. Great showing by HR. Ready likely goes to D5 next year so you have no worries for next year.

Hey PVGuru. It sounds like you may have had one too many. There were only two teams playing tonight. Better days ahead for you and small school SE Ohio football. Get some rest tonight. No need to lose any sleep over a HS football game. I was wrong man. I can admit it. Gotta give HR alot of credit.
3...2...whatever :)

Point is, everyone likes to make predictions. But to come on here and talk out your rear end is just annoying.

You had no clue. You know why I know you didn't? Because none of us did. You obviously thought Ready was a great football team. Those of us that had seen River felt the same about them.

Dukes is a stud. Isaly is a stud. Great ballgame.

When you grow up and get a few more years behind you, you'll realize that rarely do you know anything for sure, and there's no need to pretend you do, even on an anonymous message board.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Steely Dan wrote:Dspy, I wholeheartedly agree. Chalito, it is readily apparent to me that your big head is the same size as the moniker that you use on this forum. You've proven that over three pages on this thread. Let's see how many get that. ;)

Take it easy there Steely. I was wrong on my prediction. That's the fact Steel. Totally underestimated Barnesville also. That was probably the biggest upset of the night. I had Chesapeake as one of the best three in the region. Gotta go with the winner of the Ready/NC game if NC can pull it off tomorrow. Either way, it's likely Marion Local or Mechanicsburg in week 14. That will be a huge huge hurdle to overcome for the region 23 winner to get to the Shoooooo. Man! Some serious passion down there in the SE. I can appreciate that. Hang in there Steel.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ready don't even blowout bad teams how they going to 49 point good ones

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

PVCGuru wrote:Great game. 28-21. River had a throw to tie at the buzzer.

Chalito, should simply shut the hell up. Great game from 2 very good teams. Duke's got hurt late, no idea moving forward.

Nice edit PV. You can at least thank me for that right? I feel for ya man! It's tough when the expectations are very high. And they had every right to be. Way better team than I gave them credit for. The seeding really means nothing in these regions. Ready was lucky to even get in. But they did and that makes it tough. HR would have had an easy win without Ready in the 8 spot. Ready got in by beating a very poor Fayettville team that unfortunately for HR, had 6 wins. Those second level points got Ready the spot. Fayettville got those 6 wins by beating some very, very bad teams.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

I agree wholeheartedly with Chalito with that. Seeding can be so crazy. Look at the apparently different with Centerburg and Bishop Ready. River could easily have a chance to win two or three playoff games if they get in a rhythm. Just how the dice rolls

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Chalito wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Dspy, I wholeheartedly agree. Chalito, it is readily apparent to me that your big head is the same size as the moniker that you use on this forum. You've proven that over three pages on this thread. Let's see how many get that. ;)

Take it easy there Steely. I was wrong on my prediction. That's the fact Steel. Totally underestimated Barnesville also. That was probably the biggest upset of the night. I had Chesapeake as one of the best three in the region. Gotta go with the winner of the Ready/NC game if NC can pull it off tomorrow. Either way, it's likely Marion Local or Mechanicsburg in week 14. That will be a huge huge hurdle to overcome for the region 23 winner to get to the Shoooooo. Man! Some serious passion down there in the SE. I can appreciate that. Hang in there Steel.
While I can appreciate (and I do), your contrition, your condescending and dismissive approach throughout many of these threads is troubling. Serious passion from folks down here, absolutely. Knowing what may be coming, these folks understand that, and don't need a connect the dot diagram of where things may land. They know that. I have no skin in the game, or a sore a$$ over anything said. I rarely post on here anymore, but had to jump in tonight because I was troubled by where you were going. No offense to you or anyone else.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Steely Dan wrote:
Chalito wrote:

While I can appreciate (and I do), your contrition, your condescending and dismissive approach throughout many of these threads is troubling. Serious passion from folks down here, absolutely. Knowing what may be coming, these folks understand that, and don't need a connect the dot diagram of where things may land. They know that. I have no skin in the game, or a sore a$$ over anything said. I rarely post on here anymore, but had to jump in tonight because I was troubled by where you were going. No offense to you or anyone else.

Ahhhhhh.....I don't think so. I've got some roots down there and I know exactly what you mean. I travel quite a bit and I have spent quite a bit of time down there. Makes me feel bad that I've come off that way. When I drive along the river I do so with a great sense of sadness. I remember the way it used to be. I see it also in other areas of the state. Industry is dead and it's not coming back. I always thought "Friday Night Lights" should have been about a team in southern Ohio or SE Pennsylvania. Sorry man. That's just the way it is.......

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Scores didn't add up didn't think Ready would blowout River. Congrats to Ready I'm sure next week will be another great ball game.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

I wouldn't say Nc is going to Div 5 next year we had 101 kids and that was just 2 0ver d7 so even with kids added we should still be 6. Ready has 124 boys in 9-11 div 5 right now is 144 ready has a lot better chance to move up a lot more grade schools to get kids from and other schools.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

I don't think it will be Marion local or machanicsburg it would be the Ne Ohio region of kirtland or cuyahoga heights.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Not often a #8 seed will beat the #1, season's pass without this upset.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

outerbanksjake wrote:Not often a #8 seed will beat the #1, season's pass without this upset.

Don't feel bad that's 2 years in a row in this region

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Greenwave wrote:I wouldn't say Nc is going to Div 5 next year we had 101 kids and that was just 2 0ver d7 so even with kids added we should still be 6. Ready has 124 boys in 9-11 div 5 right now is 144 ready has a lot better chance to move up a lot more grade schools to get kids from and other schools.

A couple things to consider. Next year's determination depends on this October's count in grades 9-11. Also, it will depend on total number of teams and where the cut-off points will be determined. Highly likely that NC and Ready will both make the jump to D5 in Football and D3 in both Basketball and Baseball. (Because of Competitive Balance) Probably won't know how it all falls out until about May or June of 2017.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Greenwave wrote:I don't think it will be Marion local or machanicsburg it would be the Ne Ohio region of kirtland or cuyahoga heights.

You may be right but on the MaxPreps site it has the winner of game 27, which will be the winner of region 23, playing the winner of Game 28 which is the Region 24 winner. The other side has the region 25 winner playing the region 26 winner. The winner of region 23, will have a hard time getting past whoever wins region 28 unless there is a huge upset. It looks as if Marion Local and Mechanicsburg will collide in week 13. That will be great small school football game. The winner of region 23 could possibly sneak up on the winner of the ML/Mech game (only because that game will be so huge there could be a letdown in week 14.) But I highly doubt it. Does any body have any idea where a ML/Mech game would be played, IF it comes down to that? For small school football I could see the possibility of over 10,000 at that game. (IF it happens, which is highly likely)

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Chalito wrote:
Greenwave wrote:I don't think it will be Marion local or machanicsburg it would be the Ne Ohio region of kirtland or cuyahoga heights.

You may be right but on the MaxPreps site it has the winner of game 27, which will be the winner of region 23, playing the winner of Game 28 which is the Region 24 winner. The other side has the region 25 winner playing the region 26 winner. The winner of region 23, will have a hard time getting past whoever wins region 24 unless there is a huge upset. It looks as if Marion Local and Mechanicsburg will collide in week 13. That will be great small school football game. The winner of region 23 could possibly sneak up on the winner of the ML/Mech game (only because that game will be so huge there could be a letdown in week 14.) But I highly doubt it. Does any body have any idea where a ML/Mech game would be played, IF it comes down to that? For small school football I could see the possibility of over 10,000 at that game. (IF it happens, which is highly likely)

Return to “Football”