Reg 23 #8 Bishop Ready (7-3) @ #1 River (9-0)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Reg 23 #8 Bishop Ready (7-3) @ #1 River (9-0)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I think most of the d-6 private schools won't be affected as many think.
Across the nation private schools are losing over 5% of their student body.

I do believe Hartley, Mooney and Ursuline is going to all move up.

Ready and N.C for example will stay where they are.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Counts were finalized this past October. Ready will go D5 in football and D3 in baseball and basketball as will most of the Columbus, Cincy and Cleveland smaller privates because of vouchers in those city districts. NC will probably be close. It will be determined by the number of schools and the charters and new small privates that surface. Most likely NC makes the jump to D5 in football and D3 in Baseball and basketball. Fisher Catholic likely stays D7 and the other small privates outside of the cities will likely stay put.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Gotta give a lot of credit to the do everything RB, Linebacker, kick blocker who caught the winning TD pass. Huge difference maker in small school football. Be an good game next week between NC and Ft. Frye. If Ft. Frye can stop NC's do everything back, Ft. Frye wins handily.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

For the most part Ready stopped N.C do everything back and they did not win.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:For the most part Ready stopped N.C do everything back and they did not win.
So are you saying that he did not block a kick? Are you saying that he did not come up with a huge defensive play on the first play of overtime (Remember, he typically does not play defense)? Are you saying that he did not catch the winning TD pass and bust his way into the end zone for the victory. I must have been listening to the wrong game or maybe you are just not too fond of him? The man has basically won every game for NC this year by himself. Valley could not stop him, NY could not stop him, Columbus Academy could not stop him, and every game NC has won, except for maybe Utica and N'Ridge, he has been because of him. Put it this way. If NC did not have him, instead of being 8-4 and playing for a regional championship, NC would likely have been 3-7 and playing around in the weight room. They would have won against Utica, Northridge, and Lakewood. All other games they would have likely lost. Just saying that as far as NC football goes, this man is the most dominant single player NC has ever had in the history of the program. Regardless of what you think or believe, that perspective is shared by most. Do you have something personal against him? I would think that you would love and cherish the man for what he has done? We all give him a tremendous amount of credit.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I believe #9 blocked the kick.

He again played defense and did so well.
It was him and another who made that big play.
He DID NOT HAVE HIS TYPICAL GAME ON OFFENSE.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Just saying that as far as NC football goes, this man is the most dominant single player NC has ever had in the history of the program.

That is not close to being true, though he is good, really good.

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Just saying that as far as NC football goes, this man is the most dominant single player NC has ever had in the history of the program.

OK, fair enough. Name another player in the history of the program that has been as dominating as this man has been for this year's team. I can think of some great players, but they all had good supporting cast. NC has some good players this year, but without this man NC is not in the playoffs. Only my opinion, but feel free to disagree. Let's just say that this man would not play in the Ft. Frye game. Who wins?

Did you see the Valley game? Did you see the NY game? Did you see the Academy game?

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Chalito wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Just saying that as far as NC football goes, this man is the most dominant single player NC has ever had in the history of the program.

OK, fair enough. Name another player in the history of the program that has been as dominating as this man has been for this year's team. I can think of some great players, but they all had good supporting cast. NC has some good players this year, but without this man NC is not in the playoffs. Only my opinion, but feel free to disagree. Let's just say that this man would not play in the Ft. Frye game. Who wins?

Did you see the Valley game? Did you see the NY game? Did you see the Academy game?
As far as the Ready game goes, they were pretty good and they also had some time to prepare for him. I think Valley, NY, and CA were blind-sided. I believe he had close to 800 yards total in those three games. Give it your best shot. Name another player or two that determined the outcome in a season like this man has?

Return to “Football”