Public Recruiting

Falcon01
S

Re: Public Recruiting

Post by Falcon01 »

Ground Buck wrote:
js7_22 wrote:Kids transferring IS the problem due to recruitment
Some kids just want to play for a better team, and to have better facilities. What's wrong with wanting something better for yourself? :mrgreen:

I realize you are likely saying this sarcastically, but what REALLY is wrong with this? While I've never been big on kids transferring, I actually do ask myself this sometimes... what if a kid moving from a d7, in se ohio to a d2 in SE ohio, gets him noticed more, or allows him to play against better competition?

I feel like I could sit and argue both sides of this with myself for hours . Because I see both sides . But it's better to get everyone else's outlook on it .

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I guess now I look at it more as a parent instead of a fan. This isn't the greatest example, because my daughter will play soccer and there is club, which is where kids get recruited more so than with their hs teams BUT if my daughter went to say lakewood (in hebron), you better believe I'd look into transferring her to FU. Good coaching is extremely important . So no doubt I'd be considering it .

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Raider6309 wrote:Chillicothe was an all star team
John Glen was an all star team
South Webster was an all star team
Oak Hill was an all star team
Alexander volleyball/basketball was an all star team
Jackson football has been notorious for pulling from multiple schools
Ironton recruited from three states. Looks like Wheelersburg gets the best football players now
What Chillicothe team was an all-star team?

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Cannot speak for all the schools But jackson recruits hard I know this for a FACT

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Exactly, transferring is not a problem...kids can make the choice to transfer if they should do so. But enforcing the sitting out 50% rule is an absolute joke. Many have proof of parents renting a little place just to have their address and bills show up so they are not in question, yet they still live in their previous address. OHSAA cannot monitor this well enough and will never be able to.

Return to “Football”