BIGGEST SUPRISE TEAM THIS YEAR IN SEOP LAND.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BIGGEST SUPRISE TEAM THIS YEAR IN SEOP LAND.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHO YA GOT HERE ==== EITHER SUPRISINGLY GOOD OR A SUPRISE AS AN UNDER ACHIEVER.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: BIGGEST SUPRISE TEAM THIS YEAR IN SEOP LAND.

Post by greygoose »

I'd say Waverly is a team you could put into this category. You look at their record and scores against teams from last year and compare that to this year is pretty impressive. That on top of pitching 6 shutouts and giving up only 43 on the year, with 24 of that coming from Burg. So 5-5 to possibly 9-1 with a win Friday and still with a shot of landing a top 4 seed and hosting a playoff game. I don't think anyone really expected that big a jump from Waverly.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Waverly, Chesapeake Notre Dame
I'd even throw burg in there. Making another run with a lot of new faces.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I would add NY to those above

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I'd have to say Waterford. Who in their right mind ever thought of the Wildcats as a host team for a playoff game.
That's a girls sports school isn't it?
I for one don't think they'll even win a playoff game this year, but i've been proven wrong a couple times.
Region 27 is so weak it's laughable because no one is beating Shadyside in that region.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Nelsonville going from a dumpster fire last year to having a chance to host a playoff game and win their league is a pretty big surprise. I figured they would be better, but a minimum 7 game turnaround is unreal.

I think we all knew that Waverly would be better, but not as good as they have been. The 6 shutouts is ridiculous. They have made great strides.

Southeastern out of Londonderry is a bit of a shocker to still have a mathematical chance at the playoffs. Coming off of a 2-8 season and likely finishing 6-4 is a big move in the right direction, even though they'll finish just on the outside.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Waverly for me being good and Alexander for being bad, even though I knew they lost a lot from last year figured they would be more competitive.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I was very surprised at how bad Logan was this year. Coming in I thought they were going to be a 5-5 team. They lost a lot to graduation but I thought they would still be pretty competitive.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

NY.....Waverly......Southern......RV(lost 16 seniors).....Waterford

AND

GAHS(0-10 possibly)....didn't see that coming

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

HoopsHotHead wrote:NY.....Waverly......Southern......RV(lost 16 seniors).....Waterford

AND

GAHS(0-10 possibly)....didn't see that coming
Gallia has been bad for a while. I'm not sure how anyone can be surprised at their record.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Maybe no the biggest surprise, but as a Piketon fan, I'd nominate the Red Streaks. 3 returning starters on offense (one of those missed most of last season), 2 on defense. 6-3 (looks like 0-3 against playoff teams) after two extremely close losses the last two weeks. After what Waverly did to them the first week of the season, it looked like a very loooong season. I didn't think they'd be 6-4/7-3.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eastern Pike we won 3 games our first year and could possibly go 6-4 this year, at worst 5-5. We can possibly have a 1,000 passer and rusher this year I'm not disappointed.

GO EAGLES
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I knew NY would do better this year and they had we worried a little at first but now it look like they will do even better than I first thought.

Logan is a bit of a shock. 5/5 looked like a easy.

Meigs is a big shock too

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

greygoose wrote:I'd say Waverly is a team you could put into this category. You look at their record and scores against teams from last year and compare that to this year is pretty impressive. That on top of pitching 6 shutouts and giving up only 43 on the year, with 24 of that coming from Burg. So 5-5 to possibly 9-1 with a win Friday and still with a shot of landing a top 4 seed and hosting a playoff game. I don't think anyone really expected that big a jump from Waverly.
no way to dispute at goose.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

danicalifornia wrote:Nelsonville going from a dumpster fire last year to having a chance to host a playoff game and win their league is a pretty big surprise. I figured they would be better, but a minimum 7 game turnaround is unreal.

I think we all knew that Waverly would be better, but not as good as they have been. The 6 shutouts is ridiculous. They have made great strides.

Southeastern out of Londonderry is a bit of a shocker to still have a mathematical chance at the playoffs. Coming off of a 2-8 season and likely finishing 6-4 is a big move in the right direction, even though they'll finish just on the outside.

I agree.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

disappointment wise. I'd have to say ironton, I look for them to lose week 1 to burg, then win out and sit and 9-1.
but they lost to burg, russell, and Ashland.----------- but they did not give up and have worked back to 6-3. still unbeaten in 2 years of ovc league play. and likely a playoff if they can beat Portsmouth. I just expected more after hearing what I thought we had.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes logan, gahs and south point has been disappointments in that regards. I thought all 3 would be better.
bein a pike countian now really proud of eastern pike in their sophomore season.and I agree with mikepike on piketon, putting together a very fine season.

honestly waverly has really shocked me how well they've played.i had no idea about any of those stats before reading it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Portsmouth east and notre dame are lighting it up as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Nelsonville York has had an awesome turnaround.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Chillicothe to me has put together a very solid year as well.

Return to “Football”