BIGGEST SUPRISE TEAM THIS YEAR IN SEOP LAND.

Gluefactory
Waterboy

Re: BIGGEST SUPRISE TEAM THIS YEAR IN SEOP LAND.

Post by Gluefactory »

I think Portsmouth deserves mentioned here, they have made some positive strides this season and Coach Duncan and staff have improved the program's attitude and work ethic. I hope TrojanDave sees this and can add to it with some of his stats. Thank you for reading.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

River Valley. Lose 16 seniors from 7-4 playoff team last season, a lot of people thought the Raiders would take a step back
But, they stand at 6-3 were in the playoff race until being official eliminated this past Friday night, week 9
Have a chance to finish at 7-3 and make it back to back 7 win season for RV.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Gluefactory wrote:I think Portsmouth deserves mentioned here, they have made some positive strides this season and Coach Duncan and staff have improved the program's attitude and work ethic. I hope TrojanDave sees this and can add to it with some of his stats. Thank you for reading.
Not a chance. Portsmouth beat who they should of beat. I guess I hold the bar high for them because of the success in the past.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Gluefactory wrote:I think Portsmouth deserves mentioned here, they have made some positive strides this season and Coach Duncan and staff have improved the program's attitude and work ethic. I hope TrojanDave sees this and can add to it with some of his stats. Thank you for reading.
Portsmouth has made a big turnaround, and I hope it continues. I'm sorry I thought I mentioned them in my post.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well daddy has a great point too. could kinda say the same with ironton this year.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote:
Not a chance. Portsmouth beat who they should of beat. I guess I hold the bar high for them because of the success in the past.
Absolutely a chance lol. How can you still hold the bar high off of the success of the 90's and early 2000's? Portsmouth sitting at 6-3 currently for the first time since 09 under a second year head coach (the teams 3rd coach in 5 years)is suprising. Not sure they beat who they were supposed to beat, ask some West and Rock Hill fans and they will tell you otherwise lol. Very proud of this team and they for sure deserve to be recognized.

Who Dey!
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Waterford has had an awesome season so far. They dethroned the tomcats on their way to securing a TVC Championship.
Southern has seemingly come from nowhere and had an great year. Looking to secure a playoff spot for only the 2nd time in school history.
Nelsonville, from 1-9 to winning a league championship if they get past the bulldogs.

Meigs was supposed to contend for the TVC and fell off the map
Gallipolis looking to go 0-10. has that ever happened???

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Waverly, NY, Waterford, Portsmouth, Chillicothe

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I am in awe of the waverly stats someone stated earlier. that's pretty awesome.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Stone Cold wrote:Waterford has had an awesome season so far. They dethroned the tomcats on their way to securing a TVC Championship.
Southern has seemingly come from nowhere and had an great year. Looking to secure a playoff spot for only the 2nd time in school history.
Nelsonville, from 1-9 to winning a league championship if they get past the bulldogs.

Meigs was supposed to contend for the TVC and fell off the map
Gallipolis looking to go 0-10. has that ever happened???
Waterford is spot on! I thought they would be strong but didn't think they would beat Trimble or play Fort Frye like they did and once Southern came on I didn't think they would spank them as hard as they did. They are the real deal!

Meigs has a lot of injuries or I believe they would have been in the running for the TVC. I would like to say they would have won but as you mentioned Nelsonville had a huge turnaround and maybe too much.

Southern being 8-2 surprises me (if they win Saturday) but I did think they would have a favorable year this year with a lot of talented Seniors on their roster. I thought they would go around 6-4 but what was so surprising is the way they won (when they were healthy) they were rolling with almost 30-40 points per game in the 1st half. Trimble and Waterford brought them back to earth a little bit but I will enjoy watching a healthy Southern team against any of the playoff teams to see how good they really are (Trimble and Waterford would be my choices just to see the difference, I still think the other 2 win but a lot closer).

Gallia going 0-10 didn't surprise me with the past couple seasons.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

River Valley biggest surprise this season.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Waverly: knew they had good athletes...didn't see them as a playoff team and good enough to play with Burg.

Notre Dame: the fact they are 7-2 with a shot at an SOC I championship and a playoff team, all with a 20 player roster, is crazy.

Beaver Eastern: 2nd year of existence and already a winning record. They are already light-years ahead of some programs around here that have been around forever.*

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great post art.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

PTrojan59 wrote:
BiddyBallDaddy wrote:
Absolutely a chance lol. How can you still hold the bar high off of the success of the 90's and early 2000's? Portsmouth sitting at 6-3 currently for the first time since 09 under a second year head coach (the teams 3rd coach in 5 years)is suprising. Not sure they beat who they were supposed to beat, ask some West and Rock Hill fans and they will tell you otherwise lol. Very proud of this team and they for sure deserve to be recognized.
Ummm no, not a surprise. They have done better than the recent past, but have slowly gone down hill. I hold the bar high because they still have athletes in the school but can't get them to perform or push theirselves. They have honestly underachieved in almost every sport but a year or 2 of basketball...

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Portsmouth has averaged 3-7 records and drop one to Ironton tonight, making them 6-4. Hardly biggest surprise to me. They went 7-3 in 2009...Maybe if they go 7-3, 8-2 would I then start saying biggest surprise. In the end they are done for the year.

I was surprised by the turn out of tonight's game. Seems to me like they should want to go back to playing in Spartan, they had larger crowds and a better record.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote:Portsmouth has averaged 3-7 records and drop one to Ironton tonight, making them 6-4. Hardly biggest surprise to me. They went 7-3 in 2009...Maybe if they go 7-3, 8-2 would I then start saying biggest surprise. In the end they are done for the year.

I was surprised by the turn out of tonight's game. Seems to me like they should want to go back to playing in Spartan, they had larger crowds and a better record.
Stick to talking biddy ball fella...

Who Dey!
BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Better start worrying about basketball yourself...

Return to “Football”