Valley 17 Minford 7

coop
SEOPS

Re: Minford vs Valley

Post by coop »

Congrats to Coach Crabtree, the players and the Valley community. Great way to end a tough season getting a conference win over your rival.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

BondRoad Bandit wrote:
BiddyBallDaddy wrote:Minford also had an 80 yard field once... just saying.
Lol ok
Gotta admit that was funny, 80 yard field would have been Minford's best friend this year.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

AllAboutTheU wrote:Minford never gave bob a chance! Wonderful coach!!
The chance left town when they lost to Northwest at home.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Losing to this Valley team has got to be real close to that.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

FalconFever02 wrote:
AllAboutTheU wrote:Minford never gave bob a chance! Wonderful coach!!
The chance left town when they lost to Northwest at home.
Had to of been the fields fault then! No way does Bob lose on a 100 yard field...

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Congrats to Valley on the win. It appears you've improved every week and that's a testament to coaching and your eagerness/willingness to improve. You could have easily quit but those of us that have been around a few decades can certainly say records and all the other hype doesn't matter in this game. There have been a few anomalies in the past but overall this game will always be tight.

Thanks to all the seniors across seops land for your time, effort, and your dedication to a sport many love. KUDOs!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Congrats to Valley.

I have never seen, as a whole, a coaching staff with no emotion and enthusiasm on the sidelines like I've seen tonight for Minford. We have 2 coaches that seem passionate and energetic. Matiz is one of them, I believe Frazie (?) Is the other.

Nonchalant. That's the best word to describe it.

I don't understand running a spread offense with a kid who is a senior, never played QB before and doesn't run the ball and really struggled to complete passes, the few times they threw the ball which was always 3rd and long.

Mind boggling.

Now that the season is over I have a serious question to ask......

Did Minford ever post the head football coaching position or was it just given to Ruby without opening it up for applications and interviews?

I also heard they awarded the high school baseball coaching position without posting it....or interviewing all applicants.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Bleeding Red wrote:Congrats to Valley.

I have never seen, as a whole, a coaching staff with no emotion and enthusiasm on the sidelines like I've seen tonight for Minford. We have 2 coaches that seem passionate and energetic. Matiz is one of them, I believe Frazie (?) Is the other.

I don't understand running a spread offense with a kid who is a senior, never played QB before and doesn't run the ball and really struggled to complete passes, the few times they threw the ball which was always 3rd and long.

Mind boggling.

Did Minford ever post the head football coaching position or was it just given to Ruby without opening it up for applications and interviews?

I also heard they awarded the high school baseball coaching position without posting it....or interviewing all applicants.
Oh boy, the witch hunt begins...

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Maybe some guys just don't know as much they think. Does it change perception for the future?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Valley 17 Minford 7

Post by mattash »

Valley 17 Minford 7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

How many Freshman did Valley have playing tonight?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bo_Diaz wrote:Maybe some guys just don't know as much they think. Does it change perception for the future?
100%

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Big win over their rival. How far away are these schools from each other?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

vladimir wrote:How many Freshman did Valley have playing tonight?

One had 2 sacks and the other 6-8 carries.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

mattash wrote:Big win over their rival. How far away are these schools from each other?
Maybe 5 miles?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

1990 and 2016

As Yogi said "It's dejavu all over again"

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Congrats to Valley they played loose and pulled out all the plays. 2 on side kick off recovery, catching a tip pass and stopping the run. Minford had so many team mistakes and played tight all night. It was the perfect storm. Valley could lose and chock it up as another defeat so they opened up the play book and said let's have fun. Minford forgot they had to play the game and thought they had it won before they got off the bus. 5-5 is better than 4-6 season like last year. Minford will learn from this or it will break them.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Bleeding Red wrote:Congrats to Valley.

Mind boggling.

There it is! I figured it'd be tomorrow before a Minford fan was on here griping about coaching, but it wasn't even 2 hours after the last game. Congrats to the kids for Valley not giving up...gives them something to feel good about going into next year. As for Minford, give Ruby some time to get his program going (along with the baseball coach!).*

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If you paid any attention, plenty of Minford fans have been questioning the offense all year. Including this thread.

Glad to see the Valley fans come out on the board tonight. Big win lol.

Seeing what's coming up talent wise it doesn't change my outlook at the future. Valley has the clear edge on coaching but talent wise I still see Minford with a big advantage. They have a very good QB and receivers knocking at the door.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

"Big win. lol"

I've read pages of contradictions. Does JR High matter, or not? Does it matter that all 4 classes involved tonight all lost to Minford in JR high? Does it matter? That's really the question... Does it matter?

Return to “Football”