Valley 17 Minford 7

Carter
Riding the Bench

Re: Minford vs Valley

Post by Carter »

FIDO wrote:Congrats to Valley on the win. It appears you've improved every week and that's a testament to coaching and your eagerness/willingness to improve. You could have easily quit but those of us that have been around a few decades can certainly say records and all the other hype doesn't matter in this game. There have been a few anomalies in the past but overall this game will always be tight.

Thanks to all the seniors across seops land for your time, effort, and your dedication to a sport many love. KUDOs!
Excellent Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

philbilly
Freshman Team

Post by philbilly »

BondRoad Bandit wrote:Congrats to valley you guys just whipped us all night and played care feee great job .....now Minford honestly I believe we have taken a 10 year step back to the Ashley era of playing football
Norte Dame is enjoying the Ashley era. Looks like they're on the verge of another playoff appearance.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

AllAboutTheU wrote:Once Valley starts winning again, they will be back. Give it 2 years and Valley will rise again!!
Sooner than later I believe!

philbilly
Freshman Team

Re: Valley 17 Minford 7

Post by philbilly »

Jr. High means nothing. The team with the most mature boys win at that level.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

vladimir wrote:I'm still in disbelief after this result. When these two played in Jr high, Minford beat these Valley teams badly and the Falcons were ready to put in the cheerleaders to not run up the score. How things turn around 4 yrs later is beyond me. Still SMH!
In junior high, size and maturity makes most of the difference. Talent does not have as much to do with it at that level. How many times have we seen a pee-wee and jr. high superstar emerge as average at best in HS? Talent begins emerging in high school. Heart always matters and playing with passion makes a difference.

In the games I saw this year, nonchalant and lackadaisical appeared to be the mantra, not passion and fire. Hopefully that changes or it may look like deja vu again.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Crab's Brother wrote:
falcon1 wrote:Good game Valley. You had nothing but pride to play for, and pulled out all the stops. Our Falcons never got fired up for this game. I was worried it would happen after last weeks game, walking on the field, walking to the huddle, no hustle! :oops:
One thing.....still don`t understand getting a roughing the kicker call on a blocked punt
!
You have to actually block the punt. Kid hit the Punter and not the ball at all.
It sure looked like the ball was hit since it went about five yards. Without seeing the video, it looked like a bogus call. A lot of missed calls, but that is not the reason Minford lost. Take the refs out of the game and you don't have to worry about a game coming down to a couple of bad calls by the refs. Passion and fire were the difference last night. I don't know that I have ever seen a team recover two back-to-back onside kicks.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

RogueWarrior wrote:
vladimir wrote:I'm still in disbelief after this result. When these two played in Jr high, Minford beat these Valley teams badly and the Falcons were ready to put in the cheerleaders to not run up the score. How things turn around 4 yrs later is beyond me. Still SMH!
In junior high, size and maturity makes most of the difference. Talent does not have as much to do with it at that level. How many times have we seen a pee-wee and jr. high superstar emerge as average at best in HS? Talent begins emerging in high school. Heart always matters and playing with passion makes a difference.

In the games I saw this year, nonchalant and lackadaisical appeared to be the mantra, not passion and fire. Hopefully that changes or it may look like deja vu again.

Last year's seniors from Valley were dominant in Jr. High and highly successful in high school also. So in high school they were just bigger and more mature than players from the other schools?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You know I wasn't really surprised at this final. I have said all along they will probably get beat by Valley. Idk why. They have plenty to work on for next year. Probably going to see a Freshman start at qb.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

ask northwest if jr high matters......

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

toast wrote:
RogueWarrior wrote:

Last year's seniors from Valley were dominant in Jr. High and highly successful in high school also. So in high school they were just bigger and more mature than players from the other schools?
You're missing the point. Size and maturity goes a long way in Jr. high. Of course it does in HS as well, but talent begins to emerge in HS. Once again, how many pee-wee and jr high studs fizzle out in HS? More than a few.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Rougewarrior: I know what you're saying, but I believe the score with the Minford Jr. High was 62-0 over Valley and there shouldn't be that much of a difference. I know the passing game and physical maturity is more of a developmental factor but to lose when you beat a team by 7 TDs has to be questions of:
1) As in relation to your personnel, running the correct offense;
2)Having players in the right positions; and/or,
3) Knowing how to adjust.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

BTW, Congrats on your Alumni, East Tartans going 10-0 and winning the SOCI Championship outright!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

This has happened multiple times with Valley, even with good groups. Coal Grove is a prime example. Valley went about 6-8 years not playing Coal Grove close at all and handled them at the Varsity level. I remember last year's senior group being down 50-0 vs CG at halftime. Northwest, Minford, and West have all had groups be bigger and more physically mature at the Jr High level and whip on Valley but turn around and lose to them in High School. Heck, didn't this NW group that just went 1-9 beat the crap out of everyone in Jr high? I was trying to look back at old threads where they were undefeated when going to play Burg.

Mr Toast has had a pretty level headed take through most of these threads regarding his views of what's going on, but I do see one thing that has kind of been missed. While Waverly's Varsity group is pretty darn good and the younger groups look solid, it has been 3 or 4 years since they beat Valley in Jr High.

You can see athletes in Jr High and some groups are very advanced, but others are just bigger and that's the reason for their success. Valley for whatever reason, has always seemed to mature later. It's a crap shoot. The system and the work ethic of the kids seems to be the be the biggest factor right behind pure football talent.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

You can't go by scores but you can see athletes. Jr high around here is a mess as alot of teams don't have individual grades anymore, they have A and B teams. And doesn't the best player out of that Minford group Noah Gray play for Eastern now?

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Bottom line is something has to improve with the offense you can't run the same play every down out of the same formation. Offense this year was embarrassing to watch if it wasn't for the defense Minford would have only won 3 games honestly. I know a lot of players and parents are not happy right now.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I hear the Falcons will be using a freshman QB next season, and I've been told he can rip it! I think the playbook will open up more next season as our skill positions change and kids are in the system another full off-season. I think Ruby will be alright, and next year will begin to show that. Look forward to next season.
Last edited by NewEra on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Westfan wrote:You can't go by scores but you can see athletes. Jr high around here is a mess as alot of teams don't have individual grades anymore, they have A and B teams. And doesn't the best player out of that Minford group Noah Gray play for Eastern now?

For smaller division football, Noah is a very good player but he was in 7th grade and no he wasn't the best player out of that class either.

Return to “Football”