george
Freshman Team

Re: Meigs 41 Alexander 15

Post by george »

ma77ox wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:
george wrote:

If a Meigs coach went over on Alexander side He should have been tossed
WOW!!!! I sadly agree. :( I've tried to stay supportive the last few years but things are just out of control.
He was tossed, And this was his first year ever coaching. I asked my boy about it and he said he didn't even know it happened.
If it was his first year or a 40 year coach he had no business going over to the other side

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

First year coach or not this falls back on the head coach for team management, game management and hiring someone with this type of temperament.... embarrassed to be a Marauder right now.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

MeyerSpread wrote:First year coach or not this falls back on the head coach for team management, game management and hiring someone with this type of temperament.... embarrassed to be a Marauder right now.
I agree

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

I am not claiming it was right. I am simply saying it was not for CHEATING purposes, like the guy tried to make it sound.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Total lack of class.
Would NEVER happen under Chancey

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

ma77ox wrote:I am not claiming it was right. I am simply saying it was not for CHEATING purposes, like the guy tried to make it sound.
I never accused Meigs of cheating. I changed ideas, hence the paragraph change. Parents, like "ma77ox" try to teach kids to play with character and integrity. That was the idea of the second parragraph. There are many times you see coaches toe the line of what is allowable and not. It just sends a mixed message. I felt this was an integrity issue having a coach stand on the opposing teams side of the field. Not cheating, just not ethical. There is a difference.

It is not like you teach a kid how to have a holding called by throwing your hands up as you run away from the block or a pass interference call by working back to the ball and there being contact. I would suggest those type of things are teaching kids how to compete within the rules. I don't know that any rules were broken at all in this case.

It is not like I suggested there were ineligible players being allowed to play. I think we are losing focus of what was wrong here by focusing on a persevered name calling that was not made.

Good luck to all in the future.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Last edited by ma77ox on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

Bighitsinc wrote:Total lack of class.
TRUE Both Charlie and Mike

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Well they aren't the Coaches of Meigs now...All coaches have their faults.

Went to Eastern/Southern game last night and Southern up 41-21 with under 3:00 left to go in the game and the Starters were still in taking big hits....Not good to take that chance to get them hurt before a 2nd time in School History Playoff game. But that's not me and I don't know whether that's the thing to do or not...Because no one did get hurt

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

ma77ox wrote:Well they aren't the Coaches of Meigs now...All coaches have their faults.

Went to Eastern/Southern game last night and Southern up 41-21 with under 3:00 left to go in the game and the Starters were still in taking big hits....Not good to take that chance to get them hurt before a 2nd time in School History Playoff game. But that's not me and I don't know whether that's the thing to do or not...Because no one did get hurt
Their is a big difference between faults and class

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

george wrote:
I am a Meigs Football Alum and I am very embarrassed! I can't imagine how Charles Chancey feels after building this program from the ground up built on CLASS and MORALS for 20 plus years and the state it is in now. Charlie is probably close to 80 years old but I bet he could still put the fear of God in any coach or player who ever thought about doing something so disgraceful(Same goes for Mike). This is not a reflection of the Meigs Football I know and love.

I think Mike Bartrum is a great man and I sure hope he has taken care of the problem and love what he has done for our community and I've never talked about his coaching ability or his 26-24 record because football is more than just wins and loses, it's about life lessons but this is unacceptable. I've heard stories and I've chosen to support our Coach and ignore them but this is one I can not ignore.

No offense ma77ox but I don't care how many pictures are posted on here or any righteousness story, there is no excuse whatsoever for this behavior.

The guys in stripes are paid to take care of things like this and if you have something to say to the other teams coaches you say it after the game away from the players and fans!

I am proud of the players and the win. It's been a hard season and you finished strong. Get in the weight room and come back next season bigger, faster and stronger next year and to the Seniors thank you for a fun 4 years.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

MeyerSpread wrote:
george wrote:
I am a Meigs Football Alum and I am very embarrassed! I can't imagine how Charles Chancey feels after building this program from the ground up built on CLASS and MORALS for 20 plus years and the state it is in now. Charlie is probably close to 80 years old but I bet he could still put the fear of God in any coach or player who ever thought about doing something so disgraceful(Same goes for Mike). This is not a reflection of the Meigs Football I know and love.

I think Mike Bartrum is a great man and I sure hope he has taken care of the problem and love what he has done for our community and I've never talked about his coaching ability or his 26-24 record because football is more than just wins and loses, it's about life lessons but this is unacceptable. I've heard stories and I've chosen to support our Coach and ignore them but this is one I can not ignore.

No offense ma77ox but I don't care how many pictures are posted on here or any righteousness story, there is no excuse whatsoever for this behavior.

The guys in stripes are paid to take care of things like this and if you have something to say to the other teams coaches you say it after the game away from the players and fans!

I am proud of the players and the win. It's been a hard season and you finished strong. Get in the weight room and come back next season bigger, faster and stronger next year and to the Seniors thank you for a fun 4 years.
I too am Alumni, and I was there when Chancey was a player and Bartrum and that bunch made History for Meigs...Times have changed, Meigs Football has done NOTHING since then and I hate to even say that. We went to playoffs one year since then and that was back in 96. Have only won the TVC in 86,87,96 and 98.

Chancey started in 1993, his first 5 season he was 23-27
Bartrum started in 2012 and in 5 seasons his record is 24-26

I get tired of people saying, Don't you wish Chancey was there...etc.

I'm sure there were plenty of incidents taking place in all teams and all coaches..No it isn't acceptable...I don't know much about the Coach that is in question, I know he played football back in the late 80's and spent a career in the service and just moved back this year and was helping, I don't even know what his duties as a Coach was.

I am certain that Bartrum probably wasn't even aware that he was over there, And I'm sure that actions will be taken.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Last edited by ma77ox on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Last edited by ma77ox on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

ma77ox wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:
george wrote:

I too am Alumni, and I was there when Chancey was a player and Bartrum and that bunch made History for Meigs...Times have changed, Meigs Football has done NOTHING since then and I hate to even say that. We went to playoffs one year since then and that was back in 96. Have only won the TVC in 86,87,96 and 98.

I'm sure there were plenty of incidents taking place in all teams and all coaches..No it isn't acceptable...I don't know much about the Coach that is in question, I know he played football back in the late 80's and spent a career in the service and just moved back this year and was helping, I don't even know what his duties as a Coach was.

I am certain that Bartrum probably wasn't even aware that he was over there, And I'm sure that actions will be taken.
I'm not trying to argue who you the coach should be, Chancey left by his own choice and I support Bartrum... but just to claify since you brought it up if the playoffs had the same playoff format as they do today a lot of those 90's teams would have went to he playoffs if they took 8 (like today) instead of 2 and 4 (like back then)... and the playoff year was 2008.

And as I've stated with Bartrum I'm much more concerned with how the kids are treated and the way they learn to treat other people and the lessons they are learning that will stay with them throughout life than I am wins and loses.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Wow.....

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

MeyerSpread wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:

I'm not trying to argue who you the coach should be, Chancey left by his own choice and I support Bartrum... but just to claify since you brought it up if the playoffs had the same playoff format as they do today a lot of those 90's teams would have went to he playoffs if they took 8 (like today) instead of 2 and 4 (like back then)... and the playoff year was 2008.

And as I've stated with Bartrum I'm much more concerned with how the kids are treated and the way they learn to treat other people and the lessons they are learning that will stay with them throughout life than I am wins and loses.
And let's not forget that we weren't up here in d4 like we have been the last 4 years..

I'm just wondering what it is your saying what the bad lessons they are being taught and how they are being treated. I don't see where that's happening.

A man cannot control another mans actions. I'm sure when this coach was hired Bartrum didn't know he would go on an outrage the last game of the season. Especially a non paid coach.

He teaches these young men great things, he teaches them to thank us parents, he has them come into the stands and hug us to show their thanks.He does A Lot for these boys.

I have seen several of the elite players that Chancey has coached and they have been in trouble with the law, have been on drugs. Is that Chanceys fault...Absolutely Not, but the way you talk is none of this would have happened later in life if they were treated and taught right.

My reasoning for the record comparison was for all those on here that has been comparing him to Chancey when it comes to the Wins and losses.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Its better to stay silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Stone Cold wrote:Its better to stay silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
LOL, and you just can't remain silent either can you...LOL

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

These are my last comments on this no matter what is posted after.

Meigs was a bigger school and played in D3 in the 90's. enrollment has dropped a lot in 20 years.

I don't want to argue with you, I've taken up for you multiple times when you fight with others because you are from Meigs. We are going to agree to disagree.

I have stated I support Bartrum and what he does for the community and team. I do not support what happened Friday night.

I will not respond to your comments about the Chancey's because as you can tell I have loyalties to them and Meigs.

Return to “Football”