Coach of the year Candidates

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Coach of the year Candidates

Post by smurray »

keepinitreal wrote:That's easy for SOC 2...Woodward possibly 2 undefeated seasons! SOC 1 Gifford from sciotoville East from 6-4 to possibly 10-0 2nd straight year making playoffs alot to be said with small schools!!! And OVC that has to be Aaron Duncan he has turned the Trojan program around and has them heading in the right direction with their 1st winning season! Congrats to all 3 coaches on great seasons!
SOC2 is easy, Crabtree of Waverly. Everyone expected Wheelersburg to go undefeated but what most didn't expect was for Waverly to be in position to go 9-1 and make the playoffs, actually playing this week for a home playoff game.
And no one expected the Tigers to be one play away from possibly knocking off the Pirates. Even as they entered that game folks were predicting a running clock.
What Crabtree has done in turning the Tiger football program around is deserving of the honor.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Agree, but Woodward has to be in the conversation. Both have done well.

keepinitreal
Waterboy

Post by keepinitreal »

I agree he has done a great job at waverly and didn't mean "easy" as any disrespect to anyone or anyone's opinion jus saying as for me it's an easy choice.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

I think if you have any part of a brain Crabtree is your pick. Burg was expected to win. Waverly has overachieved and that shows signs of a great coach making no so great players better, and that is the definition of a good coach.

If you are expected to go 10-0 and do go 10-0, what have you achieved? I'm not taking anything from Woodward but this group of kids have been the talk of the town since coming up. It's just a matter of "don't F it up" if you are the coach.

Return to “Football”