Cabell Midland 28 Jackson 7

ironman02
SEOP

Cabell Midland 28 Jackson 7

Post by ironman02 »

The Jackson Ironmen will host Cabell-Midland (WV) on Senior Night at Alumni Stadium on Friday. It's the final game for a great group of seniors that have helped win three SEOAL championships and made two of Jackson's best playoff runs in school history. They have endured a lot of injuries and other circumstances this season while playing a very difficult schedule, so I hope they're rewarded with one final victory at Alumni Stadium.

Midland is coming off some very successful seasons in recent years, and is the biggest school in the state of West Virginia. The have a 5-4 record so far this season against what appears to be a pretty tough schedule, so I'm sure they will provide a huge challenge for the Ironmen.

I'm getting ready to look at some playoff numbers, but it basically looks like Jackson's only hope is to win and have Athens and Sheridan both lose. Athens has a tough game against Nelsonville-York, but Sheridan is facing 3-6 New Lex, so it's pretty unlikely that the Ironmen will make it to Week 11 with a win on Friday night.

What does everyone think about this game?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 10: Cabell-Midland (WV) (5-4) @ Jackson (6-3)

Post by Ironman92 »

Might as well win.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

I think if the Ironmen play like they did against WW , a definite win!!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

With a win, Jackson could pass Athens, Sheridan, and/or even Chillicothe if those teams lose. It's not likely at all that they would pass Chillicothe, but it's mathematically possible. Both Athens and Chillicothe have tough games against N-Y and Wilmington, but Sheridan should beat New Lex pretty easily.

To sum it all up, Drew Pasteur gives Jackson about a 1-2% chance to make the playoffs. That said, the Ironmen just have to take care of their business, win one for the seniors, and see what happens.

If it's 7-3 and sending the seniors out as winners, then I think this season will have been a success!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Midland is pretty young this year but should outsize Jackson on the line.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson wins / competes with heart and fundamentals . They're more physical most of the time during a game. Midland better strap it up and be ready to pay the price of they wanna win

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

This could come down to special teams. Midland has a very good kicker

ROLL PEAKE
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbn77 wrote:This could come down to special teams. Midland has a very good kicker
Jackson does too

JacksonSouthie
Waterboy

Post by JacksonSouthie »

Poo Bear wrote:Jackson wins / competes with heart and fundamentals . They're more physical most of the time during a game. Midland better strap it up and be ready to pay the price of they wanna win
Same old Ironmen honk response... Always with the "heart", "fundamentals", and "better strap it up" BS. Sure all those things matter, but football games are won through schemes, speed, athleticism, and discipline.

Jackson isn't going to out tough anyone.

JacksonSouthie
Waterboy

Post by JacksonSouthie »

Tough don't win ballgames... Brains do.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

JacksonSouthie wrote:Tough don't win ballgames... Brains do.
Tough don't win games huh ?

Brains , schemes ...

Well the current staff is 66-20 at Jackson so I guess they have brains and toughness .

Good call southie

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

JacksonSouthie wrote:Tough don't win ballgames... Brains do.
Wow That Comment Tells Your Age !!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to them ironmen.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Poo Bear wrote:Jackson wins / competes with heart and fundamentals . They're more physical most of the time during a game. Midland better strap it up and be ready to pay the price of they wanna win
LOL. Cracks me up

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Midland comes in with a huge line and a couple of talented running backs. They are very ground oriented but can go airborne if necessary. Better "strap" up Jackson, Midland can make the playoffs with a win. Good luck and show them how Ohio plays football

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

You guys kill me. Obviously schemes and execution are what win football games, but don't act like physicality isn't part of the game. Jackson has traditionally been a team that relies on playing a physical brand of football, which is what Poo Bear was likely referring to, I'm sure. Sounds like Midland plays that same brand of football.

It's annoying when people, who clearly have an axe to grind, get on here and pick at the wording of posts. I'd like to know JacksonSouthie's history with Jackson football. He definitely is not fan of the Jackson program.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Who cares 02

Alota haters out there .

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

02 Look at my earlier post. J-Southie don't know much at all about HS football.I believe he was referring to video football , that makes more sense and in-line with his comment!!!!

JacksonSouthie
Waterboy

Post by JacksonSouthie »

ironman02 wrote:You guys kill me. Obviously schemes and execution are what win football games, but don't act like physicality isn't part of the game. Jackson has traditionally been a team that relies on playing a physical brand of football, which is what Poo Bear was likely referring to, I'm sure. Sounds like Midland plays that same brand of football.

It's annoying when people, who clearly have an axe to grind, get on here and pick at the wording of posts. I'd like to know JacksonSouthie's history with Jackson football. He definitely is not fan of the Jackson program.
I'm not saying toughness doesn't matter, of course it does. What I'm getting at is when you start playing teams the caliber of Winton Woods and Cabell-Midland every team plays tough. Neither of those teams are gonna let you push them around, so you have beat them with schemes and discipline. Don't question my history with the Jackson program, I was born and raised in it. Jackson is able to bully teams like Wellston, West Jefferson, Warren Local, and Meigs. Sorry, can't bully the big boys.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

They're isn't any team in our area who could match the talent of winton woods. No one , not even close . The talent difference was huge but Jackson made a game of it by playing hard nosed defense and a hard running Physical ground game.

As far as midland , we'll see how it goes.

Return to “Football”