Vinton County 63 Wellston 60

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Vinton County 63 Wellston 60

Post by Poo Bear »

Thelongwindedanswer wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:What's does VC and Wellston lose , have returning ??
Not sure about VC. Wellston loses their power back in #7 Nick Cox a long with a lot of their line, #70 Roddy Brown who really came on after the West game and #58 Nate Williams who was solid on the D-line when he got healthy among others I think Wellston will do OK replacing those guys but #7 will be hard to replace he has been a staple in the backfield for the past 3 seasons. I think year 3 under phillips will be a telling season for him with everyone in the program knowing exactly what is expected. Should have a couple sophomores #11 and #80 who are freshman this year that will carry a heavier load on both sides of the ball. I still see 4-6 to 6-4 since this league seems to be top heavy with NY and Athens and everyone knows week 1 is just not fair at this point but that is a while away so could be in for a few surprises as always.
Thanks man

VC returns about everyone and should be much better next season

I'm guessing 5-5 to a playoff birth for VC

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

Poo Bear wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:What's does VC and Wellston lose , have returning ??
Not sure about VC. Wellston loses their power back in #7 Nick Cox a long with a lot of their line, #70 Roddy Brown who really came on after the West game and #58 Nate Williams who was solid on the D-line when he got healthy among others I think Wellston will do OK replacing those guys but #7 will be hard to replace he has been a staple in the backfield for the past 3 seasons. I think year 3 under phillips will be a telling season for him with everyone in the program knowing exactly what is expected. Should have a couple sophomores #11 and #80 who are freshman this year that will carry a heavier load on both sides of the ball. I still see 4-6 to 6-4 since this league seems to be top heavy with NY and Athens and everyone knows week 1 is just not fair at this point but that is a while away so could be in for a few surprises as always.
Thanks man

VC returns about everyone and should be much better next season

I'm guessing 5-5 to a playoff birth for VC
You're welcome. VC has some definite bright spots for sure. And I think you guys have a very good coach who is a proven winner. I think both those goals are achievable for the Vikes and if they do make it I will be their to support as I have many friends in VC. Already ready for the off-season to be over lol!

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

hateraid wrote:
hateraid wrote:

Quit being butthurt. Since the teams joined the TVC VC has a winning record. I find it amusing that every year Rocket fans call for a blow out and get beat. Face it Wellston is VC's little brother in football and basketball.
Haha right I'll give you basketball but football... nah man get it out of here. you can run the chops all you want but at the end of the day it was a good game between a bunch of kids who mostly know each other and in the grand scheme of things both teams are 4-6 and are done till August so until either team can out produce the other neither is "little brother". And I don't think i seen anyone calling for a blow out biggest spread was 18 points by outsiders I do believe.. so you can keep trolling but neither team is playing next week and it is now basketball season and I don't really follow that ... so I'll be done commenting till baseball season. Haha
But only one of these teams ended the season with a "W" :oops: :oops:
Yea and only one of these teams are playing in week 11... oh wait no they aren't... haha my bad. :lol: :lol:

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Wow, what a shootout

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Listened on the radio. Someone take us through the last minute. What was with the 2 delay of game calls (against Wellston) before the punt? And was time put back on the clock? Radio was vaugue on that.

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Catchup13 wrote:Listened on the radio. Someone take us through the last minute. What was with the 2 delay of game calls (against Wellston) before the punt? And was time put back on the clock? Radio was vaugue on that.
OK wellston has the ball on a 4th and 4 they decide to let the clock run and take the first delay of game to try to run down the clock a little more.. then after some confusion the punt team does not come out on 4th and 9 and they break the huddle and they decide to take a second delay of game since they don't have a timeout.. finally they get the punt off and VC gets the ball at I do believe the 40 yard line? After a decent catch VC gets it to the 20? Then VC gets a false start with a little over 12 seconds I think (there was so much going on I can't remember clearly) they attempt a pass to the end zone and it falls incomplete with what appears to be no time left. But, the ball actually hit the turf with 1 second remaining then VC catches a pass over the middle and is immediately hit but the wide receiver continues to fight with just enough forward progress going not to blow the whistle he reaches his arms out and it is enough to cross the goal line for the win.. it was pretty intense.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Wow what a game!

Return to “Football”