East 32 Notre Dame 26

brown22
Varsity

Re: SOC Championship (9-0) East @ (7-2) Notre Dame

Post by brown22 »

This is a tough game to pick a winner for me both very good teams. My eagles stayed competitive with both teams gave up 4 big plays to ND that cost us. Kayser is a stud RB best I've seen this year teams plan all week how to stop him and he still can keep the defense beat down then the big plays start to happen. Kayser and Johnson are gonna have ND picking up yards on the ground East will need to stop them when it counts and keep big gain plays at a minimum. Akia is a fantastic athlete good fast multi purpose back who can make big plays running or catching the ball. I think this game comes down to Drew Lowe and East QB advantage he is good QB and if East passing game is on big passing plays are gonna happen if they go for TDs the ND defense will feel the stress and secondary may get discouraged. Not sure who wins but I think East has the advantage they won't be able to stop Kayser from gaining yards just need to keep him out of the end zone.

GO EAGLES
SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

brown22 wrote:This is a tough game to pick a winner for me both very good teams. My eagles stayed competitive with both teams gave up 4 big plays to ND that cost us. Kayser is a stud RB best I've seen this year teams plan all week how to stop him and he still can keep the defense beat down then the big plays start to happen. Kayser and Johnson are gonna have ND picking up yards on the ground East will need to stop them when it counts and keep big gain plays at a minimum. Akia is a fantastic athlete good fast multi purpose back who can make big plays running or catching the ball. I think this game comes down to Drew Lowe and East QB advantage he is good QB and if East passing game is on big passing plays are gonna happen if they go for TDs the ND defense will feel the stress and secondary may get discouraged. Not sure who wins but I think East has the advantage they won't be able to stop Kayser from gaining yards just need to keep him out of the end zone.
Not trying to cause any arguments but I disagree with the competitive game. Yes ND and Eastern was a very competitive game and it could have went either way, but in no way shape or form was the East game against Eastern competitive. East JV was in the fourth quarter and played most of it. They also came in while East was on like the 30 yard line. The game could have been way worse then 36-14 if they were to stay in. If East stops Kayser they will win by a land slide, if they don't they will still win by two possessions just like last year where he had the game of his career with 250 yards against East.

BLUE AND WHITE
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Of course you disagree with anybody that makes a good post about this game. Special Teams may be a deciding factor in this game and the Titans hold the edge on this with Drew Cassidy's leg.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

SEOPlegend wrote:
brown22 wrote:This is a tough game to pick a winner for me both very good teams. My eagles stayed competitive with both teams gave up 4 big plays to ND that cost us. Kayser is a stud RB best I've seen this year teams plan all week how to stop him and he still can keep the defense beat down then the big plays start to happen. Kayser and Johnson are gonna have ND picking up yards on the ground East will need to stop them when it counts and keep big gain plays at a minimum. Akia is a fantastic athlete good fast multi purpose back who can make big plays running or catching the ball. I think this game comes down to Drew Lowe and East QB advantage he is good QB and if East passing game is on big passing plays are gonna happen if they go for TDs the ND defense will feel the stress and secondary may get discouraged. Not sure who wins but I think East has the advantage they won't be able to stop Kayser from gaining yards just need to keep him out of the end zone.
Not trying to cause any arguments but I disagree with the competitive game. Yes ND and Eastern was a very competitive game and it could have went either way, but in no way shape or form was the East game against Eastern competitive. East JV was in the fourth quarter and played most of it. They also came in while East was on like the 30 yard line. The game could have been way worse then 36-14 if they were to stay in. If East stops Kayser they will win by a land slide, if they don't they will still win by two possessions just like last year where he had the game of his career with 250 yards against East.
Listen East is a good team they are but Eastern has only took 1 ass whipping this year and it was last week. Its clear to me as well as everyone on here u think East is as good as a burg, waverly, They are a good divison 7 school and the soc1 is not real competitive right now so don't set yourself for heartbreak thinking more of what it is. 9-0 or 10-0 is great it really is best win right now is a 4-5 Oak Hill team that has played a brutal schedule for a team in our league that's why East is undeafted and not ranked #1 cause who they have played. I'm not an East hater I myself am a Akia Brown fan I like the way he plays football and basketball and I will root for any soc team in the playoffs but I do realize who has played quality opponents and who has not.

GO EAGLES
AIM
Waterboy

Post by AIM »

I think East's passing game and ND's lack of one, may be the difference. ND has several weapons and a passing game could have been another as they have some good targets, just never developed it for whatever reason :roll: There are so many factors on both teams that will play into the outcome of this game. Difficult to call but to throw out the records, size, speed, etc., who wants it most will win.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

250 yards is by no means the game of Kaysers career. The kid goes and plays all out and if he doesn't have a game where he has over 200 all purpose yards then he's had a slow week. Considering there's games where he's been up over 300 all purpose don't make it sound like him having a good game only reason they were in the game. Also by saying GAME OF HIS CAREER you simply put it out there that he played lights out for that single game and that's the only time he's ever done that and probably wouldn't again. I mean everyone talks about Oak Hill as being East toughest game, a 9-0 team that toughest game came against a 4-5 school that had the lead late into the game. That's just not the sign of a team in my book this is playoff ready and 9-0 simply being a result of their schedule. I mean 7 wins against teams that have won 3 games or less. You can only play the teams on your schedule at the same time East needs or needed to have the future in mind when scheduling teams. Schools know when they have quality teams coming up and most will schedule accordingly. I still stick by the fact I do believe East will win this game with some big pass plays being the difference.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

When was the last time East went 10-0? Or even 9-1?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Looking at Eitel and the archives looks like 2008. 9-1. Finished as the #3 seed and lost first round. 2007 finished 10-0, #3 seed and lost in 1st round 48-21 to Mechanicsburg.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

If you go 9-1 or 10-0 and barely get a home playoff game, that will tell you something. You can't schedule your conference opponents but you can your non-conference.

Valley is 0-9, not sure I see East scheduling them to play a few years ago. It's a simple fact, you try to schedule up a bit when you are good, and schedule down when you believe you are not as good. But East beating teams with a 3-6, 1-8, 1-8 and 0-9 schedule does not prepare you for the playoffs at all.

Btw, No one on here thinks East is in the same game with Burg and Waverly, no idea where that came from.

There you go again SEOPlegend, putting down ND players...
Kayser was having a great game last year, until a personal foul (and honestly should have been ejected from the game) 6 yards deep in the end zone ended his night with a concussion (after he scored), but not a career night. He has rushed for over 300 yards in a single game multiple times. This is the reason he is SOC Back of the Year, and should be again this year, hands down.

East has some growing up to do, I hope after the regular season they do have a successful run in the playoffs, but only if they should avoid ND again lol.
Last edited by js7_22 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Moving on though, will East play the normal 5-3 all in the box defense? If so, will ND spread them out and try to run them more? If so, East could be in trouble with their linebackers sucking up too much too quickly. Notre Dame will have to get outside and block because East has a good secondary that flies to the ball.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I would agree that the best back in the league was Kayser. The numbers in the league and out of the league speaks for itself. I have only seen him play a couple of times but, every time that I have watched him play, he has rushed for over 200 yards. Against Oak Hill this year, Kayser had 29 carries for 269 yards and 1 touchdown. Just some food for thought, Kayser put those numbers up against Oak Hill and Brown from East had 21 carries for 90 yards and didn't have a rushing touchdown against the Oaks' D.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Yea Kaysers a better running back then Brown.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

asb wrote:Yea Kaysers a better running back then Brown.
All the back and forth and you choose that, how come...?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

js7_22 wrote:
All the back and forth and you choose that, how

Ijs, Brown carries the ball on an avg of maybe 9 times a game(mainly running sideways or naked dives at a disadvantage to his abilities) while Kayser probably avg around 20 plus carriers per game (95% out in space, on the edge to his strengths with lead blockers and two pulling guards). I call that great coaching by Ashley on using his players to their strengths and putting them in the best situation to be successful every single play. He never puts his backs at a disadvantage. I'd say this, if you put Brown in the offense ND runs and Kayser in the Offense East runs and switch the amount of attempts they have. It would be a completely different story. Both are good players, I just think one gets more opportunities than the other and in way better situations. Correct if I'm wrong please.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Also east throws the ball just as much as they run

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

asb wrote:
js7_22 wrote:
All the back and forth and you choose that, how

Ijs, Brown carries the ball on an avg of maybe 9 times a game(mainly running sideways or naked dives at a disadvantage to his abilities) while Kayser probably avg around 20 plus carriers per game (95% out in space, on the edge to his strengths with lead blockers and two pulling guards). I call that great coaching by Ashley on using his players to their strengths and putting them in the best situation to be successful every single play. He never puts his backs at a disadvantage. I'd say this, if you put Brown in the offense ND runs and Kayser in the Offense East runs and switch the amount of attempts they have. It would be a completely different story. Both are good players, I just think one gets more opportunities than the other and in way better situations. Correct if I'm wrong please.
You're not wrong, but no one is saying Akia Brown Jr. is a bad player, at all. I was just curious why you chose that out of everything that is being talked about.

I for one like to watch Akia, he doesn't jaw around, he just does his own thing and lets his talent show on the field. That's the kind of player you want. I agree on switching rolls, although I think if you truly want to be successful, they need Akia to get some more touches.

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

brown22 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:
Listen East is a good team they are but Eastern has only took 1 ass whipping this year and it was last week. Its clear to me as well as everyone on here u think East is as good as a burg, waverly, They are a good divison 7 school and the soc1 is not real competitive right now so don't set yourself for heartbreak thinking more of what it is. 9-0 or 10-0 is great it really is best win right now is a 4-5 Oak Hill team that has played a brutal schedule for a team in our league that's why East is undeafted and not ranked #1 cause who they have played. I'm not an East hater I myself am a Akia Brown fan I like the way he plays football and basketball and I will root for any soc team in the playoffs but I do realize who has played quality opponents and who has not.
I don't compare East to Burg nor Waverly and I do realize that they haven't played a real tough schedule. All I said was the Eastern game wasn't a competitive game. East Varsity stays in the whole game the score would be in the 50s. That's a fact

BLUE AND WHITE
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SEOPlegend wrote:
brown22 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote: Not trying to cause any arguments but I disagree with the competitive game. Yes ND and Eastern was a very competitive game and it could have went either way, but in no way shape or form was the East game against Eastern competitive. East JV was in the fourth quarter and played most of it. They also came in while East was on like the 30 yard line. The game could have been way worse then 36-14 if they were to stay in. If East stops Kayser they will win by a land slide, if they don't they will still win by two possessions just like last year where he had the game of his career with 250 yards against East.
I don't compare East to Burg nor Waverly and I do realize that they haven't played a real tough schedule. All I said was the Eastern game wasn't a competitive game. East Varsity stays in the whole game the score would be in the 50s. That's a fact
It's not a fact, it's simply your opinion. If you give an opinion and follow it up with "that's a fact" it means absolutely nothing. Maybe they would've hit 50 maybe they would've lost 2-3 starters because they left them in. Maybe they fumble it away allowing Eastern to score short field touchdown. Those are all things that could've happened had East varsity been left in for the 4th quarter. You say it's possible game could've been worse then the score had East left their starters in for the entire game. That's all. Saying East hasn't played "a real tough schedule" is the ultimate understatement of the year. I know it sounds better to put it that way but we can all agree you including East has played possibly the easiest schedule of any team with a winning record especially a team that is undefeated.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

East has to stop the run. If they do, they should win handedly. If they don't, it may very well come down to who scores last and can make a big play at the end of the game. One thing for sure, East has to develop an XP kicking game for the playoffs. You cannot fail to convert on XPs and win consistently. Yes, they have been relatively successful going for two, but you cannot rely on that. Especially in the playoffs. Let's Go Blue!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

According to Eitel and drew Pasteur, Notre Dame almost has to win to make playoffs after last night's results. If they win, they a #3 seed and get a home game. East also playing for the #3 seed and home game with a win, and on the road if they lose.*

Return to “Football”