Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Post by piratepride86 »

The past is the past.

Go Pirates

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

piratepride86 wrote:The past is the past.

Go Pirates
Indeed it is, this will be a clean football game.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

scott1297 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I know the offense scored 42-0 points on Valley, but they looked very lackluster doing it. They are definitely missing a key player and won't have him next week either. The defense though is just nasty and I saw some of the best hits all year in the Valley game. These guys can hit like a Mac Truck.

That said, I think Burg wins this one going away and prepares for week 11.
Who is injured for burg?
No one.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Another tuff year for West. Another year like the last 2 the West side will be on the war path.
Burg in this one.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

How did West get to host 6 home games this year?......also....they have played a lot of close games this year.....I think West keeps it close in this one.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

HoopsHotHead wrote:How did West get to host 6 home games this year?......also....they have played a lot of close games this year.....I think West keeps it close in this one.
West has 5 home games and 5 road games.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Who besides Fairland, Minford, Waverly and Batavia did they play on the road....the OSHAA must have it wrong.....no biggie ....I thought maybe them and another Portsmouth team shared a field and played each other or something like that.....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth was away. It was originally a home game but was changed. Not sure if it was done to balance the schedule?

Portsmouth played at West in 2001 and again in 2002 so West could open the new field. Maybe it had something to do with that?

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

OK thanks.....that makes sense....I was just looking at their schedule on joeeitel and it had them listed with 6 ...no biggie....just curious

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Burg wins despite being young and onto playoffs. West goes 3-7.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

This game could very easily get ugly quick. I see a 2nd half runnin clock and a lot of playin time for the 2nd and 3rd string

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If it is a running clock the West fans will be crazy.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

West has no chance here fellas...Wheelersburg is "impeccable"..Or so I read anyway.

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports ... le-pirates

This chick for real?

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Hmmm....Burg team is an "impeccable team" and have an "ability to overcome all situations"

I had to look up the word impeccable in my old Webster's dictionary...the word is defined as flawless and irreproachable

Sounds like West has their work out come for them tonight

GO BURG!

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

The young Senators have been practicing all week with hopes to gain the advantage.

I like West in this game now that I know the young senators have been practicing all week with hopes to gain the advantage.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

i like it...

Even in the midst of the story reading of how this 2016 Wheelersburg American Football team is having an epic season, an impeccable team, great offensive and defensive strategies, having an ability to overcome all situations-

The writer expresses eternal optimism for the Senators team by stating "it is never too late to put another victory under their belts."

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

It was a clear cool night in West Portsmouth, the Senators fans walked into the stadium at "The Rock" with looks of concern gleaming off their faces under the lights of the field. The Wheelersburg fans walked briskly with what seamed to be a calm swagger as the wins have been nothing less than incessant throughout the fluidity of the season. A young senator fan enjoyed the texture of his popcorn and hot dog while at the same time reflecting on his impending reality of unfortunate events that could quite possibly be the impact of the Pirate offense/defense. The plight of the Senators has not bee one for the weary, as heart breaking loss after heart breaking loss has pounded on the front door of the Senators with a ear numbing noise similar to that of a scorned lover.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

UKNate wrote:It was a clear cool night in West Portsmouth, the Senators fans walked into the stadium at "The Rock" with looks of concern gleaming off their faces under the lights of the field. The Wheelersburg fans walked briskly with what seamed to be a calm swagger as the wins have been nothing less than incessant throughout the fluidity of the season. A young senator fan enjoyed the texture of his popcorn and hot dog while at the same time reflecting on his impending reality of unfortunate events that could quite possibly be the impact of the Pirate offense/defense. The plight of the Senators has not bee one for the weary, as heart breaking loss after heart breaking loss has pounded on the front door of the Senators with a ear numbing noise similar to that of a scorned lover.
HEY! How did you get a copy of tomorrow's newspaper article already? LOL! Great article!

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

^ haha that was great

Return to “Football”