Wheelersburg 24 West 14

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 24 West 14

Post by bleed_blue »

Blue33 wrote:Good season Burg. Unfortunately I don't see a deep run in the playoffs.
Looking at Wheelersburg region I see no reason they can't make a run like last year. There's no other team around here that has a better chance to make a deep run than Wheelersburg.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I know the Burg won , they won without one of there best offence and defense players Tanner Bivens hope he makes it back for the playoffs.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Blue33 wrote:Good season Burg. Unfortunately I don't see a deep run in the playoffs.
:shock: :roll:

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

At the West side over the weekend not a lot of people happy with what is going on. I also heard that Johnson's dad is calling quits and will not be coaching next year. That would mean both his brother and dad will not be with him next year. I think his brother might not have coached this year but I am not sure.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Alot of people are very happy with him. You don't hear from those people.

West's program was in bad shape. The discipline had to improve. That has happened. 20-25 players on next year's roster will have played significant varsity minutes. Now West takes the next step.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Depends on who you talk to. I know the Peewee team played in a tournament at Raceland recently and it was dominated by West 6th grade. Coach Johnson and staff was there on the sideline for the championship game and alot of parents was impressed by that.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

It's asinine to even talk about. Wheelersburg had 2 competitive games this year where if a couple plays go the other way they could've lost. West was one of them with a sophomore quarterback that had never played quarterback running a spread offense they had never ran in a game. West will be one of the best D5 teams in the state next year and the only way Johnson will not be the coach here is if he leaves on his own account.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Who said he would not be coaching next year. All I said there were a lot of people not happy with the football program. Loosing causes that and 3 and 7 will not make anyone happy. By the way there are a lot of coaches that are involved with the pee wee programs in their area. Nothing special about that.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I can understand that. No one should be happy with 3-7. But there are reasons for that record. Very few seniors and alot of injuries are out of control. Sometimes you have a 10-0 team, sometimes you don't. Ive seen West teams in Triplett's tenure have 7 or 8 kids as good or better than anyone on this team. It happens.

I was at East last night and they were screaming about the coach. They were 10-0. Ohio State fans were booing Urban Meyer last week. That's the problem with this society any more. Good coaches that put in work are hard to find. Kids and parents need to accept some responsibility themselves. Work or tell your kids to work harder instead of just blaming someone else.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote:It's asinine to even talk about. Wheelersburg had 2 competitive games this year where if a couple plays go the other way they could've lost. West was one of them with a sophomore quarterback that had never played quarterback running a spread offense they had never ran in a game. West will be one of the best D5 teams in the state next year and the only way Johnson will not be the coach here is if he leaves on his own account.

Huh? West had no shot in the burg game. I do believe west is in the right direction but they weren't near burg this year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West got a pass intercepted inside the 5 yard line in the second half down 10 points with momentum. Receiver was open. If the ball isn't underthrown it's a touchdown. Lot of what ifs. But they were in the game.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

They were NEVER in the game

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Oh boy

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team