Wheelersburg 24 West 14

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 1989 D4 State Champs, 6x Regional Champs and 31x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Wheelersburg 24 West 14

Postby Mad-Dogg » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:46 pm

Thoughts?

Burg has already clinched a home and west is already mathematically eliminated. Can the senators play spoiler to something the burg hasn't done since 1973 and 1974 and that's have consecutive 10-0 seasons


It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

smurray
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby smurray » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:48 pm

Burg cruises to 10-0

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 1989 D4 State Champs, 6x Regional Champs and 31x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Mad-Dogg » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:17 am

Cal Preps:

Burg 41
West 6
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

Orange and Brown
Posts: 2865
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:48 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Orange and Brown » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:19 am

The Burg will roll to 10-0!
2017 TVC CHAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 1989 D4 State Champs, 6x Regional Champs and 31x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Mad-Dogg » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:20 am

Time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

8332 Granite St
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby 8332 Granite St » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:54 am

Kinda worried about this game.
1. In the old days west hates Burg
2. it's away
3. This is their seniors last game
4. Although their record sucks' they could have won many of them
5. Did I mention they hate the Burg

GO BURG!!!

osu 77
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:56 am

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby osu 77 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 am

West has no chance in this game 3 and 7 back to back bad seasons for West.

fbnut
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby fbnut » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:48 am

Burg needs to get it together. Their offense isn't clicking, qb play has taken a step back the past 2 weeks. Stadiums been dead the last 2 weeks.

P(irate)
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am
Location: Crow's Nest

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby P(irate) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:44 am

I think Burg is working on a few things. Especially the line play. They need to get the run game shored up. They just don't have the power to line it up and run it. They have shown moments. But consistently it's not there for them. I think that is what you see happening. They are working toward something here before the playoffs start. I want to see more Holden in space, not those funnel screens. Lowery in the slot. Just get someone in the backfield to help protect and throw the ball. That's what Dyer can excell at. They have too many skill kids that can run solid routes to settle for anything else. This is just my opinion folks. Not the law of the land. Keep it real. And stay thirsty my friends.
TAKE WHAT YOU CAN AND GIVE NOTHING BACK.

smurray
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby smurray » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:53 am

8332 Granite St wrote:Kinda worried about this game.
1. In the old days west hates Burg
2. it's away
3. This is their seniors last game
4. Although their record sucks' they could have won many of them
5. Did I mention they hate the Burg

GO BURG!!!


Not a chance!

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 1989 D4 State Champs, 6x Regional Champs and 31x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Mad-Dogg » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:21 am

8332 Granite St wrote:Kinda worried about this game.
1. In the old days west hates Burg
2. it's away
3. This is their seniors last game
4. Although their record sucks' they could have won many of them
5. Did I mention they hate the Burg

GO BURG!!!


I've been sayin the same thing. We have everything to play for and west has nothin to lose. Just like a couple yrs ago when they keyedd on EM3 all game trying to injure him then trashed the locker room after the game
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

PirateBB
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby PirateBB » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:00 pm

I remember that one well Dogg...lol

The Burg crowd got flipped the bird by their cheerleaders too!

GO BURG!

User avatar
The Oaf
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am
Location: Up in the booth

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby The Oaf » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:22 pm

No denying the west side showed its ass that night! Lol Entire thread was deleted afterwards even. Let the chest thumping begin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 1989 D4 State Champs, 6x Regional Champs and 31x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Mad-Dogg » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:28 pm

PirateBB wrote:I remember that one well Dogg...lol

The Burg crowd got flipped the bird by their cheerleaders too!

GO BURG!


Oh believe me I know. I've never seen a more disrespectful team in my life and I've seen some bad games
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

User avatar
Abe Froman
Posts: 673
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:38 pm

After next Friday I do believe we will be 29-1 in last three years during the regular season.

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 1989 D4 State Champs, 6x Regional Champs and 31x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Mad-Dogg » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Abe Froman wrote:After next Friday I do believe we will be 29-1 in last three years during the regular season.


14: 9-1 (only loss was to jackson)
15: 13-1 (only loss was to cold h20)
16: 9-0 so far
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

User avatar
Abe Froman
Posts: 673
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:After next Friday I do believe we will be 29-1 in last three years during the regular season.


14: 9-1 (only loss was to jackson)
15: 13-1 (only loss was to cold h20)
16: 9-0 so far


Yes indeed, I was just counting the regular season 9-10-10 (projecting last one in 2016 lol).

Counting playoffs through last night it is what 33-3? Soon to be 34-3?

Solid by any definition.

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 1989 D4 State Champs, 6x Regional Champs and 31x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Mad-Dogg » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:After next Friday I do believe we will be 29-1 in last three years during the regular season.


14: 9-1 (only loss was to jackson)
15: 13-1 (only loss was to cold h20)
16: 9-0 so far


Yes indeed, I was just counting the regular season 9-10-10 (projecting last one in 2016 lol).

Counting playoffs through last night it is what 33-3? Soon to be 34-3?

Solid by any definition.


24 straight regular season wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

User avatar
The Oaf
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am
Location: Up in the booth

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby The Oaf » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Mad-Dogg wrote:
PirateBB wrote:I remember that one well Dogg...lol

The Burg crowd got flipped the bird by their cheerleaders too!

GO BURG!


Oh believe me I know. I've never seen a more disrespectful team in my life and I've seen some bad games


Oh please Doggie! You obviously weren't at the 1987 West/PHS game at Spartan Stadium! Haha You ain't seen nothin'! Lol But we all know Burg as never showed themselves.
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

P(irate)
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am
Location: Crow's Nest

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby P(irate) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:After next Friday I do believe we will be 29-1 in last three years during the regular season.


14: 9-1 (only loss was to jackson)
15: 13-1 (only loss was to cold h20)
16: 9-0 so far


Yes indeed, I was just counting the regular season 9-10-10 (projecting last one in 2016 lol).

Counting playoffs through last night it is what 33-3? Soon to be 34-3?

Solid by any definition.

'14 we won 11 games. So that makes it 35-3 going for 36-3.
TAKE WHAT YOU CAN AND GIVE NOTHING BACK.

Burg_Grad_77
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Burg_Grad_77 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:22 pm

I know the offense scored 42-0 points on Valley, but they looked very lackluster doing it. They are definitely missing a key player and won't have him next week either. The defense though is just nasty and I saw some of the best hits all year in the Valley game. These guys can hit like a Mac Truck.

That said, I think Burg wins this one going away and prepares for week 11.

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 1989 D4 State Champs, 6x Regional Champs and 31x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Mad-Dogg » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:37 pm

The Oaf wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
PirateBB wrote:I remember that one well Dogg...lol

The Burg crowd got flipped the bird by their cheerleaders too!

GO BURG!


Oh believe me I know. I've never seen a more disrespectful team in my life and I've seen some bad games


Oh please Doggie! You obviously weren't at the 1987 West/PHS game at Spartan Stadium! Haha You ain't seen nothin'! Lol But we all know Burg as never showed themselves.


Considering I was only 5 and was livin in webster at the time no I prolly wasn't at it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

callie15
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby callie15 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Last year they lost a key player Chassen Burk late in the season and he didn't make it back.

Game day
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Game day » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:48 am

The Oaf wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
PirateBB wrote:I remember that one well Dogg...lol

The Burg crowd got flipped the bird by their cheerleaders too!

GO BURG!


Oh believe me I know. I've never seen a more disrespectful team in my life and I've seen some bad games


Oh please Doggie! You obviously weren't at the 1987 West/PHS game at Spartan Stadium! Haha You ain't seen nothin'! Lol But we all know Burg as never showed themselves.


Yes I remember that game that is when the kid from Wheelersburg ran over the handy caped kid from West during the warm ups

User avatar
The Oaf
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am
Location: Up in the booth

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby The Oaf » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 am

That's the rumor! Lol
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

User avatar
Abe Froman
Posts: 673
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:43 am

Lol, are the siders engaging in a sportsmanship debate, uh oh, get the popcorn.

User avatar
The Oaf
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am
Location: Up in the booth

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby The Oaf » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:14 pm

Abe Froman wrote:Lol, are the siders engaging in a sportsmanship debate, uh oh, get the popcorn.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

wobycat
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby wobycat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Game day wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Oh believe me I know. I've never seen a more disrespectful team in my life and I've seen some bad games


Oh please Doggie! You obviously weren't at the 1987 West/PHS game at Spartan Stadium! Haha You ain't seen nothin'! Lol But we all know Burg as never showed themselves.


Yes I remember that game that is when the kid from Wheelersburg ran over the handy caped kid from West during the warm ups


Yep on accident. Then went to the kid and apologized.

scott1297
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby scott1297 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:19 pm

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I know the offense scored 42-0 points on Valley, but they looked very lackluster doing it. They are definitely missing a key player and won't have him next week either. The defense though is just nasty and I saw some of the best hits all year in the Valley game. These guys can hit like a Mac Truck.

That said, I think Burg wins this one going away and prepares for week 11.

Who is injured for burg?

User avatar
BiddyBallDaddy
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:21 am

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby BiddyBallDaddy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Burg by however many they want. They need to rest up the injured and work on some stuff for their home game!

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 1989 D4 State Champs, 6x Regional Champs and 31x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Mad-Dogg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Game day wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Oh believe me I know. I've never seen a more disrespectful team in my life and I've seen some bad games


Oh please Doggie! You obviously weren't at the 1987 West/PHS game at Spartan Stadium! Haha You ain't seen nothin'! Lol But we all know Burg as never showed themselves.


Yes I remember that game that is when the kid from Wheelersburg ran over the handy caped kid from West during the warm ups


I was there and he said sorry afterwards and if anyone on the west end says othersays otherwise then they obviously wasn't paying attention
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

User avatar
The Oaf
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am
Location: Up in the booth

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby The Oaf » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:43 am

And in regards to the locker room getting destroyed an apology was made as well! 2 wrongs don't make it right but it sure makes us even! Now we can be friends again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

fbnut
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby fbnut » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:30 am

:lol:
The Oaf wrote:And in regards to the locker room getting destroyed an apology was made as well! 2 wrongs don't make it right but it sure makes us even! Now we can be friends again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I like that comparison. The next time someone bumps into me I'll just say that's ok let me come over and destroy your house and we'll just call it even.

User avatar
The Oaf
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am
Location: Up in the booth

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby The Oaf » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:35 am

fbnut wrote::lol:
The Oaf wrote:And in regards to the locker room getting destroyed an apology was made as well! 2 wrongs don't make it right but it sure makes us even! Now we can be friends again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I like that comparison. The next time someone bumps into me I'll just say that's ok let me come over and destroy your house and we'll just call it even.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Westfan
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Postby Westfan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:42 am

That was a very embarrassing time to say the least. Attitude reflects leadership. Remember the past so it's not repeated, but I don't think that type of behavior will be condoned again.


Return to “Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 50 guests