WHAT'S THE COLDEST HS PLAYOFF GAME YOU EVER BEEN TO.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WHAT'S THE COLDEST HS PLAYOFF GAME YOU EVER BEEN TO.

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The Oaf wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I don't know what that proves myself, wearin shorts in sub temps. if I was a fan of that team. I'd think what kinda goofy long eared galoots is coachin my kids.
Might not be HS but a cold playoff game involving ice and cowboy boots comes to mind! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bucks__09
Waterboy

Post by bucks__09 »

2013 bishop Hartley v. wheelersburg at nelsonville York. 2013 Trimble v. Marion local state championship game. 2012 Athens v. Cirlceville at Athens.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

The Oaf wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I don't know what that proves myself, wearin shorts in sub temps. if I was a fan of that team. I'd think what kinda goofy long eared galoots is coachin my kids.
Might not be HS but a cold playoff game involving ice and cowboy boots comes to mind! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you know I thought about that very thing and laughed when I started this topic.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
The Oaf wrote:

you know I thought about that very thing and laughed when I started this topic.
Trench and I were dying laughing this morning Bait! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that was a long afternoon indeed.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I had so many Budweiser cans in my army jacket pockets I couldn't hardly get up when I fell in them dang cowboy boots on the ice.

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

1986 Ironton vs Thorn.Sheridan at,Ports. or 1989 Burg vs Versailles at,Groveport !!

G0 BuCKs
nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Early 2000's Licking Valley vs Youngstown Ursuline at Canton Central Catholic

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I had so many Budweiser cans in my army jacket pockets I couldn't hardly get up when I fell in them dang cowboy boots on the ice.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I believe it was 1992.......Division I state championship game at Canton........Cleveland St.Ignatius vs. Cincinnati St.Xavier. Ignatius won the game, but we left at halftime. Temperature was about -15 with wind of 20 mph.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dang dave musta been some kinda cold for you to leave. you're the ultimate Trojan buddy.that makes my teeth hurt readin it.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Badin vs ironton in Dublin.....Frigid and wind had to be blowing 30 mph or higher.....Punts did good to go 10 yards if I remember correctly....Not sure if I'm remembering this correctly but I believe Hamilton scored towards end of game and went for 2 because of the wind and failed and Ironton went on to win ...Cant remember score... maybe 7-6 or 13-12 just can't remember...I know ironton won game....

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Goofy long-eared Galoot, hahahahahaha!

Ok, there Yosemite Sam! :lol:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

trojandave wrote:I believe it was 1992.......Division I state championship game at Canton........Cleveland St.Ignatius vs. Cincinnati St.Xavier. Ignatius won the game, but we left at halftime. Temperature was about -15 with wind of 20 mph.
I was thinkin the same thing ..... Ironton v Mentor Lake Catholic (92 final)...... never been as cold in my life.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that was a frigid one as well the turf was froze solid. but it didn't bother joe juravicious any.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

79Tiger wrote:'89 Semi-final in Dublin vs Hamilton Badin. Brutally cold but the next week in the State Game, warm enough to not need a jacket. 2nd would be the 1992 State Championship in Massilon against Mentor Lake Catholic. Another bitterly cold one.
I was at that 92 game man was it cold unreal and to top it off the wind just had to blow along with it.
I remember seeing Mentor lake catholic and think it was more along the lines of a college team they was huge.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Jackson
Senior year 1982!
9•
We poured hot chocolate on our hands!
Brrr.
Kinda dumb, but when you're 17...
No wind chill factor discussed then, but it was extremely cold!!!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I recall talking to a trucker one time who said he played in the Idaho state championship game back in the 70's.
He said from the opening kickoff until the final gun the temperature drop was 30 degrees
So it finished in the 20 F range.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ole bait went to a Monday night game in Cleveland one night many moons ago. it was right at the end of the season, he was a browns fan. I am a bengals fan. it was just a numbing,stinging cold. I had ice on my mustache and beard from breathing. there may have been many budweisers involved. I cain't rightly remember. there were 4 of us. my buddy goes in the 2nd quarter before the half. he comes back with this enourmously large coffee. like a couple minutes later I see him pouring it down his cowboy boots. needless to say it was a temporary solution. the coffee froze in his boots, and he couldn't even walk. so here we are carrying my highly intoxicated friend. all the way back to the car, with him wailing about his feet. we had to put him up front, with the heater on. and it was an hour before the coffee thawed out enough to get his boots off. he never could keep his feet warm after that. it was crazy thinking about it now. funny thing was here we are carrying him through this parking garage, and bengals and brown fans are fist fighting in the parking garage. and we could not find our car, it was panda-leeria.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

one Oak wrote:2010 Oak Hill vs Fredricktown regional final at Hamilton Township HS.
I remember being in the pressbox for that game. Only time that year we had to turn on the baseboard heater!

Coldest I remember was Hamilton Township at Wooster on week 11, 2014. My wife and I each wore tights, long johns, thick socks, sweater, thick windbreaker, and parka - ten minutes into the first quarter I was ready to go home. Got a few sips of steaming hot chocolate at the concession stand, but it was cold by the time we got back to the bleachers.

Return to “Football”