WHAT'S THE COLDEST HS PLAYOFF GAME YOU EVER BEEN TO.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Re: WHAT'S THE COLDEST HS PLAYOFF GAME YOU EVER BEEN TO.

Post by Greenwave »

1987 Newark Catholic vs Grandview at Dublin Coffman was pretty cold.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

KY.BUCKEYE wrote:1986 Ironton vs Thorn.Sheridan at,Ports. or 1989 Burg vs Versailles at,Groveport !!
I have to agree on both of those along with the '89 Badin game. Not sure which one was the worst, but would probably have to say the Badin game. That game, the band performed at halftime and went straight to the bus. Badin had, if I remember correctly the top fg kicker in the state that year, and considering the cold and he had missed a try earlier in the game on an extra point, they decided to go for it on 4th down and inches right at the goal line and Ironton held on to win setting them up for the following week's state championship. What a game. Seems like one of the State Championship games was played in the snow also, possibly the Mentor Lake Catholic Game. That one was awful cold too.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I was colder at badin myself. but admittedly I was a bit underdressed for that one. the mentor lake catholic game I had on so many clothes I'm glad I didn't have to poop was all I can say. the coldest I ever been in my life was a Monday night game in Cleveland between the bengals/browns. ----------- that and In 84 at Armco when I worked construction. they put me on fire watch that night, and the clock at the bank when I left work said it was minus 44. it took me 2 hours to get into my truck that morning. it was a block of ice.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Volunteer
Riding the Bench

Post by Volunteer »

Wheelersburg vs Northridge at circleville in 2004 was pretty cold.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

old benchwarmer wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Tigers24 wrote:1989 #4 Waverly vs #1 CAPE at King Island
Someone needs to post this on YouTube!
You mean there may be a video of this game floating around somewhere? That would be something cool (no pun intended) to see or even own.
Yeah

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd love to see that in the baitcave.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”