TVC expansion

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: TVC expansion

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

buckfan2016 wrote:move Trimble up to the Ohio for football only. That would give you 8 teams in each division. Play league games in weeks 4-10 and that would make weeks 1-3 for non-league and much easier for our athletic directors. Trimble would compete in football and put them back in the hocking for basketball and baseball. just my thoughts guys
Trimble has already declined to move up to the Ohio in the past. No Hocking team wants to move up to the Ohio in any sport.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I've said it many times and I'll say it again
We are a good stable league. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
At some point in the future the league may consider adding another team to the Ohio. I would love to have Warren in the league but if they don't that is fine with me as well.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote:I would not oppose dropping south gallia, adding warren to the ohio & making it two 8 team leagues. Logan joins the MSL. Everyone is happy & has a league so long as South Gallia is welcomed back to the SOC I.
Barring major shifts in the MSL Logan won't be going there.

They don't seem to have any real interest in adding Logan.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

IMO.....Athens is to big and should never have been accepted into the league. Athens Dominates the Ohio in almost every sport winning league titles or finishing in the top tier every year. Adding warren, jackson, or logan would be just be more devastating to competitive balance and would cause the other schools to look for or create a more balanced league.

Here's an Idea: Athens, Jackson, Warren, Logan, and Gallipolis create a league and play with each other? Oh wait.....

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
HammeredEagle
Waterboy

Post by HammeredEagle »

Lets first figure out why people want the TVC to expand.

TVC Ohio people want it to expand because Athens dominates the league.
TVC Hocking people want it to expand because they think Trimble would go up and despite Trimble being D7, they always seem to have a lot more players and they dominate the league.

Now why do people not want it to expand.

TVC Ohio people don't want more people to deal with that could come in and dominate the league.
TVC Hocking people are afraid Trimble won't move up, and the current format gets several teams to the playoff even though nobody ever beats Trimble except once every 10 years or so and they can never win the league.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

enigmaax wrote:
SEOP12 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: They are a D7 school, why in the world would they even consider moving to the Ohio???
They used to be in the Ohio but couldnt win so the league moved them down
Might have also had something to do with their plummeting enrollment. That district has been in sad shape and it probably isn't going to get much better any time soon. The move made sense.
ArmChairQB wrote:The Hocking would be better off If they would drop Wahamma or better yet SG,
I have heard nothing positive about the trip to SG!
The Hocking is as close to perfect as it is going to get for a small school league. I mention this every time the topic comes up - it is almost a guarantee that the Hocking's top 3 teams will make the playoffs every year and they've had a few upsets that have cost them four spots in a season (it could easily happen).
Rufus wrote:Yeah..I think the most logistical thing would be to move a Hocking team over to the Ohio, but which ones would be able to compete? Trimble? Waterford has had a decent stretch as of late, but both of those schools are so small. Is Fed Hock the biggest school in the Hocking? I thought the TVC expansion would have been great for the league, but apparently I was in the minority. A league that looked like this would be fun to watch:

Logan
Jackson
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Meigs

Alexander
Wellston
River Valley
Nelsonville-York
Fed Hock
Belpre

Trimble
Southern
Miller
Waterford
S. Gallia
Eastern

I think that is everyone except for Wahama, which I've always thought should be in a league in WV just because there are different rules and regulations they need to follow around tournament time. That leaves everyone with 5 league games for football and they could schedule with TVC teams in other divisions for their non league. Always seemed to make sense to me at least.
This setup has been posted numerous times and I'll say again, it's horrible. The small schools have zero reason to alter their setup. If the big schools (Athens, VC) wanted to compete against Logan & Warren for league titles, they wouldn't be in the TVC right now. The TVC Hocking had virtually that same small school setup you posted here at one time and it didn't do much for any of the schools involved. 6-4 league champs and the league getting no one in the playoffs isn't much fun. Easy scheduling, guaranteed points for your top teams...there's nothing wrong with the Hocking Division.

By gosh enigmaax I think you're onto something. I can't think of a much better way to say it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens & vinton county are the exact same size stone cold. Athens, meigs & vc are all D2 in the other sports besides football. Saying athens is way to big is just false.

Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

93Bulldog wrote:
I would not oppose dropping south gallia, adding warren to the ohio & making it two 8 team leagues. Logan joins the MSL. Everyone is happy & has a league so long as South Gallia is welcomed back to the SOC I.

I like this idea myself Bulldog

:twisted: Some wish for it but we work for it :twisted:
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Locos, I do believe your new principal or super is coming from liberty union? Dont count out the MSL just yet.

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Alexander to the Hocking wouldn't be a bad idea.

SEOP12
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP12 »

Be watching for an Eastern/Southern/Meigs consolidation within the next 5-10 years... Don't know how that's gonna work out

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

SEOP12 wrote:Be watching for an Eastern/Southern/Meigs consolidation within the next 5-10 years... Don't know how that's gonna work out
Do you have any evidence to back this up?

SEOP12
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP12 »

MeyerSpread wrote:
SEOP12 wrote:Be watching for an Eastern/Southern/Meigs consolidation within the next 5-10 years... Don't know how that's gonna work out
Do you have any evidence to back this up?
It's been getting talked about for over 10 years. They brushed it off but it is being brought up by the boards and will probably happen in something like 10 years. Ask anyone around Meigs county and it is a serious conversation.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

route7 wrote:Alexander to the Hocking wouldn't be a bad idea.
Alexander is bigger than NY. Why put a D5 school in a league with nothing but D7 teams??

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bring in Warren, Marietta, and Point. I also thought Gallia should have joined the TVC

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Raider6309 wrote:Bring in Warren, Marietta, and Point. I also thought Gallia should have joined the TVC
If you want to be in a league with all those teams then you should have started your own league lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

This has been talked about for the last 30 years. Wont believe it till it actually happens. If it ever does happen.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Raider6309 wrote:Bring in Warren, Marietta, and Point. I also thought Gallia should have joined the TVC
From the sounds of this, Athens is still running from Logan and Jackson. :oops: :oops: :oops:

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Should bring in Fort Frye and Warren Local and have 3 divisions of 6 schools based on school size.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

The Hocking is fine and yes, Trimble has been dominant lately but Wahana won 3 titles recently and Waterford has a good chance of winning it this year.

It's a playoff generating machine (3 teams in most years) and I don't understand why anyone would want to mess with that?

When you look at Warren and Logan entering the Ohio.... Athens plays both and Meigs and NY played Logan this year but, until you see Alex, Wellston, VC, and RV playing them also....I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on their addition.

Return to “Football”