TVC expansion

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: TVC expansion

Post by noreply66 »

Stone Cold wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Athens & vinton county are the exact same size stone cold. Athens, meigs & vc are all D2 in the other sports besides football. Saying athens is way to big is just false.
Pretty big Difference in a county school and a city school. When kids have to be on a bus for 3 hours to get home, they don't generally play sports.
Being bused for a county school can be tough. You get on 2/3 hours early to get home early. You get on the bus late and you get home 2/3 later. Being bused early is like the army. This kids have a half day in before some kids get to school. When I was a senior it took me about ten minutes to walk to school and some of my country buddies had already been on their way to school 2/3 hours before I went out my front door. It can really be a long day if they have to stay and go through any practice then go home and do chores and home work.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Add Warren to the Ohio. Possibly add Fort Frye to the Hocking. Leave the Hocking as one division in football only, but to cut down travel in the rest of the Hocking main sports, split it into 2 divisions of 5 teams and they can still play 16 conference games in the main sports, possibly consider a Hocking Division championship game just before tournament, after the tournament draw.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Add Warren to the Ohio. Possibly add Fort Frye to the Hocking. Leave the Hocking as one division in football only, but to cut down travel in the rest of the Hocking main sports, split it into 2 divisions of 5 teams and they can still play 16 conference games in the main sports, possibly consider a Hocking Division championship game just before tournament, after the tournament draw.

I think Cadets would be interested with PVC fading.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

The only option I can think of for the PVC is to hang together and see what happens with the ECOL (Zanesville, Dover, and New Philly). Their option could be to add the remainder of the ECOL, should any of those schools leave, make a big school division, look at Warren as well and maybe Barnesville, the PVC could easily expand to 10-12 teams within reasonable distance of each other, but if that don't work out, the TVC would be a good option for Fort Frye. They could still be alright scheduling the OVAC schools like Warren currently is doing, but I'm sure that wouldn't be ideal.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

TVC wrote:
george wrote:
george wrote:The high school was build in Eastern district

Meigs High School
Wrong
yes it was That's why they got a East and West Chester voting precinct today They had to put a west precinct in and change district border line

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Rufus wrote:Yeah..I think the most logistical thing would be to move a Hocking team over to the Ohio, but which ones would be able to compete? Trimble? Waterford has had a decent stretch as of late, but both of those schools are so small. Is Fed Hock the biggest school in the Hocking? I thought the TVC expansion would have been great for the league, but apparently I was in the minority. A league that looked like this would be fun to watch:

Logan
Jackson
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Meigs

Alexander
Wellston
River Valley
Nelsonville-York
Fed Hock
Belpre

Trimble
Southern
Miller
Waterford
S. Gallia
Eastern

I think that is everyone except for Wahama, which I've always thought should be in a league in WV just because there are different rules and regulations they need to follow around tournament time. That leaves everyone with 5 league games for football and they could schedule with TVC teams in other divisions for their non league. Always seemed to make sense to me at least.
In this situation, I would say add Marrieta to the upper division, move Meigs down to the middle division, add Fort Frye to the middle Division, and move Federal Hocking and Belpre back to the lower division, but Jackson is sticking with the FAC, and the TVC is more than likely opposed to the idea of a 3 division league.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Their will not be a 3rd division added to the TVC........

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Orange and Brown wrote:Their will not be a 3rd division added to the TVC........
I would like to see a 3rd division. Add Fort Fry to the Hocking and send South Gallia south. Let the 3rd division be this-

South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Hannan
Ports ND
Green
Manchester

Throw Northwest in if you want a 7th team.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

Dirty Sanchez wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Their will not be a 3rd division added to the TVC........
I would like to see a 3rd division. Add Fort Fry to the Hocking and send South Gallia south. Let the 3rd division be this-

South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Hannan
Ports ND
Green
Manchester

Throw Northwest in if you want a 7th team.
They would have to change the name to QVC if put all them schools in from another valley

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:From recent history, it is clear the TVC does not want to expand, so why does this topic continue to come up?

No TVC Hocking school wants to move up to the Ohio. Period.

Athens isn't going anywhere. Period. In fact, Athens doesn't have anywhere to go even if the Bulldogs did want to leave. With the death of the SEOAL, there are no other leagues Athens could join that would not result in massive road trips for all away games. That was one of the primary reasons the Bulldogs joined the TVC in the first place - short trips to road games.

If I was in charge, I would accept Warren as the final member of the TVC OHIO and call it a day. But I'm not in charge. And those who are in charge have made it clear on multiple occasions that they do not want Warren back in the conference. Warren's biggest mistake was leaving in the first place, but that is a different story.
The voice of reason speaks.

I would add 1 thing though. Drop Wahama (which they aren't going to do) because the WV and Ohio sports seasons do not matchup well (remember Point Pleasant in the SEOAL?) and this causes some major headaches, especially in the spring sports. Doing this would give you 8 schools in each conference which means a 3 game non conference schedule to start the football season with. Also gives you 6 non conference games in basketball.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Mister Bee wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:From recent history, it is clear the TVC does not want to expand, so why does this topic continue to come up?

No TVC Hocking school wants to move up to the Ohio. Period.

Athens isn't going anywhere. Period. In fact, Athens doesn't have anywhere to go even if the Bulldogs did want to leave. With the death of the SEOAL, there are no other leagues Athens could join that would not result in massive road trips for all away games. That was one of the primary reasons the Bulldogs joined the TVC in the first place - short trips to road games.

If I was in charge, I would accept Warren as the final member of the TVC OHIO and call it a day. But I'm not in charge. And those who are in charge have made it clear on multiple occasions that they do not want Warren back in the conference. Warren's biggest mistake was leaving in the first place, but that is a different story.
The voice of reason speaks.

I would add 1 thing though. Drop Wahama (which they aren't going to do) because the WV and Ohio sports seasons do not matchup well (remember Point Pleasant in the SEOAL?) and this causes some major headaches, especially in the spring sports. Doing this would give you 8 schools in each conference which means a 3 game non conference schedule to start the football season with. Also gives you 6 non conference games in basketball.
That would be 8 non conference games in basketball not 6.

Return to “Football”