TVC expansion

TVC
Varsity

Re: TVC expansion

Post by TVC »

Mister Bee wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:From recent history, it is clear the TVC does not want to expand, so why does this topic continue to come up?

No TVC Hocking school wants to move up to the Ohio. Period.

Athens isn't going anywhere. Period. In fact, Athens doesn't have anywhere to go even if the Bulldogs did want to leave. With the death of the SEOAL, there are no other leagues Athens could join that would not result in massive road trips for all away games. That was one of the primary reasons the Bulldogs joined the TVC in the first place - short trips to road games.

If I was in charge, I would accept Warren as the final member of the TVC OHIO and call it a day. But I'm not in charge. And those who are in charge have made it clear on multiple occasions that they do not want Warren back in the conference. Warren's biggest mistake was leaving in the first place, but that is a different story.
The voice of reason speaks.

I would add 1 thing though. Drop Wahama (which they aren't going to do) because the WV and Ohio sports seasons do not matchup well (remember Point Pleasant in the SEOAL?) and this causes some major headaches, especially in the spring sports. Doing this would give you 8 schools in each conference which means a 3 game non conference schedule to start the football season with. Also gives you 6 non conference games in basketball.
That would be 8 non conference games in basketball not 6.

Return to “Football”