TVC Ohio Coach of the Year candidate

Gecko
Varsity

TVC Ohio Coach of the Year candidate

Post by Gecko »

At this point it is time to start thinking about post season awards. I think coach of the year in the Ohio is pretty much sewn up by Rusty Richards. The Bucks went from 1-9 to 8-2. They have another TVC title to show for it and will prbably win at least a first round playoff game. If anyone can think of a better candidate, i would like to hear your thoughts......

These are....

Just my thoughts guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC Ohio Coach of the Year candidate

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY is still 6-2 and Athens won't be a cakewalk. I do believe NY is better and will win.
Regardless I think Coach Richards will be coach of the year and Alex Mount will be Offensive Player of the year.
Christian Berry or Noah Andrews will get heavy consideration for Defensive POY as well.
Week 10 will decide these questions though.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Nelsonville York should and will sweep all the TVC awards .

By the way thanks for playing Jackson freshmen last night. Very good game for both teams . NY has some real good looking athletes and it's always fun to visit Boston Field

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Poo Bear wrote:Nelsonville York should and will sweep all the TVC awards .

By the way thanks for playing Jackson freshmen last night. Very good game for both teams . NY has some real good looking athletes and it's always fun to visit Boston Field
Thanks for filling the open date in a pinch. It is very much appreciated. I'm sure our boys woke up with some bruises this morning lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

Gecko wrote:At this point it is time to start thinking about post season awards. I think coach of the year in the Ohio is pretty much sewn up by Rusty Richards. The Bucks went from 1-9 to 8-2. They have another TVC title to show for it and will prbably win at least a first round playoff game. If anyone can think of a better candidate, i would like to hear your thoughts......

These are....

Has Nelsonville played all 10 games already? Or are you counting JV games? Just seems a little premature if you ask me.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be interesting week 10. Brendan Sano is Athens best offensive and defensive player. I don't think he's played defense since week 3

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I think even if NY loses next two games (don't think they will) Richards wins hands down... 1-9 to where they are now! Restoring such a great program back to glory... hands down best job of the year.

River Valleys Coach has done a good job too, I didn't think they would be able to keep their momentum going after losing so many seniors.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:Should be interesting week 10. Brendan Sano is Athens best offensive and defensive player. I don't think he's played defense since week 3
That's silly, stop.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Gecko wrote:At this point it is time to start thinking about post season awards. I think coach of the year in the Ohio is pretty much sewn up by Rusty Richards. The Bucks went from 1-9 to 8-2. They have another TVC title to show for it and will prbably win at least a first round playoff game. If anyone can think of a better candidate, i would like to hear your thoughts......

These are....

GECKO YA'LL MUSTA FINISHED UP EARLY TO GO 8-2. MY TEAM STILL HAS 2 GAMES LEFT TO GO IN THE REGULAR SEASON. BUT THAT'S WHERE MY VOTE WOULD GO.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Obviously NY Head Coach Richards gets the COY award.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

These are....

First- NY must beat Athens for the league title.
Second - Boston Jr never won a playoff game. Unless NY gets a home game they will have a hard time winning one in Rustys first year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ArmChairQB wrote:

These are....

Second - Boston Jr never won a playoff game. Unless NY gets a home game they will have a hard time winning one in Rustys first year.
What does Davey have to do with coach Richards?
Davey lost playoff games because he was to predictable and he didn't emphasize winning in the playoffs.League titles were good enough for him.

Coach Richards mixes his play calling up and called all of the offensive plays at Trimble for the last 5 years prior to this season. I'm pretty sure he knows a little something about winning in the post season.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Definitely need to mention River Valley HC Jerrod Sparling.
What he has done with the RV program is amazing.
7-3 last season, first playoff appearance in school history, with arguable the greatest senior class in school history.
Then loses those 16 seniors, comes back in 2016 when no one thought they would have much, and they sit at 6-2 and still in playoff hunt.
An accomplishment in itself!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

Everyone ignore gecko. He is from Trimble and just trying to get you all going. I am sure the NY faithful are not looking past V.C. Let alone a monumental showdown that will happen in 2 weeks with Athens coming to Boston field. NY didn't beat either team last year and hasn't beat Athens since 2010.
Go Bucks lets take 1 game at a time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

river valley is another program making tremendous strides as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Raider6309 wrote:Should be interesting week 10. Brendan Sano is Athens best offensive and defensive player. I don't think he's played defense since week 3
Have you not been to any games since week 3? Sano plays a lot on defense at DE.

HammeredEagle
Waterboy

Post by HammeredEagle »

To the victors go the spoils. Whoever wins the league gets coach of the year.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

HammeredEagle wrote:To the victors go the spoils. Whoever wins the league gets coach of the year.

Not always

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

RVRaiderFan wrote:Definitely need to mention River Valley HC Jerrod Sparling.
What he has done with the RV program is amazing.
7-3 last season, first playoff appearance in school history, with arguable the greatest senior class in school history.
Then loses those 16 seniors, comes back in 2016 when no one thought they would have much, and they sit at 6-2 and still in playoff hunt.
An accomplishment in itself!

Just wanted to echo this.....^^^^^........Coach Sparling has also secured his 3rd straight "non-losing" season at RV...5-5 two years ago.....

It was not that long ago that RV had an infamous streak.....I believe it was 42.......42 straight losses

Hell of a job by Sparling and staff.......I am proud to have him in our community!!

Also think our AD has done a tremendous job as well.

Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Orange and Brown wrote:
ArmChairQB wrote:

These are....

What does Davey have to do with coach Richards?
Davey lost playoff games because he was to predictable and he didn't emphasize winning in the playoffs.League titles were good enough for him.

Coach Richards mixes his play calling up and called all of the offensive plays at Trimble for the last 5 years prior to this season. I'm pretty sure he knows a little something about winning in the post season.
I hope Rusty isn't telling you guys he called all the plays at Trimble cause that's simply not true. Did he get a suggestion in now and then? Yes. But Phil has called all the offensive plays at Trimble since he has been the head coach and will continue to do so. Yes Rusty helped out with the game planning and he did call the defense with some help from Dennis but Phil called the plays. I wish him well at Nelsonville but if he is telling people he called all the plays that simply didn't happen. He does deserve COY if he wins out.

Return to “Football”