Frontier Athletic Conference Begins 2017

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: Frontier Athletic Conference Begins 2017

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Would love to see Unioto added. Basketball, Baseball, Golf, XC. They are very competitive there. Danica might have more insight if this is realistic or not.

thecommonwealth
Riding the Bench

Post by thecommonwealth »

I agree this is fun to talk about... we have had this conversation back when it became public that the 5 SCOL schools were leaving to join with Jackson. If my memory is right, the SVC said no to adding the 6 schools and didn't want to lose Unioto. I have also been told that Waverly was asked back around the same time about joining and they said no also. It has been 6 months or so and maybe some of those schools that have been mentioned will change their mind.

In my opinion, the new FAC doesnt get anyone to join anytime soon. Leagues in the Southeast seem to be pretty well content now. The drive from Jackson to Trace is approx 1 hour and 10min so schools like Warren, and Logan don't make sense either

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wchreidman wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:do you all really think waverly would leave the soc. I don't.

I think its a possibility, very similiar to most schools in the league. Would be a great addition to the league. Travel wise 40-50 minutes average travel time.

I think it could happen! Not saying it will but I could see them as a possible addition, would be a good fit.
Absolutely 0 chance of Waverly leaving the SOC. Especially to join this league. Waverly is entrenched in the SOC and has been for a LONG time now. They choose not to play Jackson in football any more because they felt that Jackson had outgrown them. Unless it's been a long time ago, someone else can help here, they've never played Chillicothe which is 15 min. away. They have played Courthouse, Miami Trace and McClain on numerous occasions. Not for sure if they've ever taken on Hillsboro but typically they're not a top end football program. Waverly has been SOC, will be SOC and that isn't changing any time soon if ever. Only way would be something happening to the SOC. Someone mentioned the SVC for Waverly unless the SVC would split into 2 divisions not seeing where this would happen either.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Interesting that no one has mentioned this idea, Logan as a Football-only associate member? Since travel would be too far for the Highland county and Fayette county schools for all other sports, it could help Logan out for schedule and adds more competition to the league, though Logan's 2017 schedule looks impressive so I wonder if independence for the short-term would benefit Logan. Just floating some ideas. Circleville and Logan Elm would be great additions to the league, but it's hard to tell if they'd be willing to leave the MSL-Buckeye. Unioto, Vinton County, and Waverly are also interesting candidates too. I noticed on the MSL Forum that Teays Valley is apparently looking at potentially looking elsewhere so they could be another candidate. I'm not sure if there's any truth to this or not, but if any Buckeye school leaves for the FAC, it could open up a spot for Logan to fill in the Buckeye and possibly Zanesville should they look to leave the ECOL (with Dover and New Philly possibly looking for a conference up north). Again, just floating ideas.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

Good Luck FAC ! Best wishes for a great start up in 2017.

Doing a copy from a presidential contender !

This league is going to be "REALLY BIG" This league is going to be so big you have not seen anything like it. And it is going to be so GOOD, so GOOD you have not seen anything like it.

Serious, It will be a great league, a good and bold move for it's members. Can't wait to see some of its games not only in football but in all it's sports.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is the new league going to start playing a 2017 schedule for spring sports?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

noreply66 wrote:Is the new league going to start playing a 2017 schedule for spring sports?
From reading the article, the conference will start January 1st, but their sports season won start until August 1st in 2017.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

No one is leaving the MSL-Buckeye, other than Liberty Union going to the Ohio for football only to balance the divisions. The Ohio and Buckeye will each have seven teams with one crossover game.

Return to “Football”