Waterboy

Re: WK9 Eastern (4-4) @ Belpre (3-5)

Post by Teddy44 »

Well that's kind of a big deal

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

As long as Eastern holds onto the ball, they will win easily. If they run the ball early and often and don't put the ball up in the air for Bepre's athletes to make plays on, Eastern will run all over Belpre's defense. Don't get me wrong, if Eastern doesn't come to play and doesn't put the Golden Eagles away early, it will be a game and anyone could win. But if the boys in green control the line of scrimmage they have it in the bag... BIG GAME NEXT WEEK. Doesn't matter if one team is 9-0 and the other 0-9, anything can happen in that Eastern/Southern game, and when both teams are playing well its gonna be fun to watch. Gotta take care of business this week though!

oldgrumpy
Riding the Bench

Post by oldgrumpy »

I say Belpre! I was able to watch the Eastern Trimble game last week. Eastern passes to much goes away from the run game to early and has major issues with runs up the middle. If Belpre is patient stays with the run game up the middle they will break some big ones! and Eastern will have at least two big turnovers!

VCPops
Freshman Team

Post by VCPops »

EasternDspy wrote:Loss of Tavion Miller from last years team is huge.
My friends in Belpre tell me they lost Miller,Mason McCoy,Colvin,Stalnaker,Moore,Counts,Worstel,Hall,Whealdon and Williams. Most of all these kids played together since peewee days.They also say that the fine returning WR/RB Bedgood is not being used this year. They don't have a QB that can get him the ball and they have not designed any running plays to get him out in space. He should have been moved to QB in the spread where he could be more effective in the offense.They have a lot of good younger kids coming up but it will take a few years

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

I thought they were suppose to be good this year. That's not good if they aren't using their best players the way they need to be used.

HammeredEagle
Waterboy

Post by HammeredEagle »

Losing that many seniors rarely translates into being good the next year. I know they lost that monster that played on the line. Cant remember his name...#75 I think. He was a man among boys.

Sports fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports fan »

route7 wrote:Belpre has trouble getting the most out of their kids IMO.
its ugly ! 35 % of the team did not show for practice Tuesday. The boys are not buying what coach is selling ! !

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

That's never a good sign.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I don't understand how their Coach is a bad Coach if they went 8-2 two years in a row... However, I have watched Belpre and you can tell there is a lot of talent but the effort is terrible! The kids are not disciplined and if they aren't getting the ball they give very little effort to block or sale their fakes and if they get down by a few scores it is much worse! I think it has more to do with the leadership on the field than the coaches because if they see the older kids giving up or not giving great effort everyone thinks they can and it becomes a cancer for a team.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Calpreps has Eastern 28 Belpre 22

SEOP12
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP12 »

It will be much worse. Belpre has given up

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

So what Is Belpre High school going to do?

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Sports fan wrote:
route7 wrote:Belpre has trouble getting the most out of their kids IMO.
its ugly ! 35 % of the team did not show for practice Tuesday. The boys are not buying what coach is selling ! !
If that's the case It will be hard for them to beat the Reedsville Eastern Eagles!! Belpre does have some talented kids, sad to hear whats going on.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Eagles 32
eagles 12

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Difficult year for Belpre. They graduated a very good senior class last year. There is some good, young talent there but this year things haven't gelled for various reasons. Prior to the first game, I thought 5-5 at worst. This is Belpre's last winnable game. IF Belpre gets their playmakers in space tonight, they will win but they haven't done that very much this season.

Hoping for a Belpre victory but I believe Eastern will win.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

As always...

LETS GO BELPRE!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Gonna be a sloppy night. Hope everyone stays injury free.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Worst officiating job I have ever seen. Absolutely classless by Belpre and their hand picked officials. So many blown calls and cheap shots that weren't called. Even the chain crew was holding eastern players from entering the field. The radio guys were even outraged by the calls especially the way the game ended. The officials left with 1 second left and eastern has the ball on the Belpre 25. They literally left before the game ended. It was an absolutely horrible officiating job and just as bad of class from Belpre. I am outraged at the way this game went eastern was the better team by 3 touchdowns the whole second half. This has to be the WORST officiating job that has ever taken place in the TVC maybe even the state.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Re: Belpre 25 Meigs 20

Post by MeyerSpread »

May want to change subject to Eastern Meigs instead of Meigs

oldmo31
Varsity

Re: Belpre 25 Eastern Meigs 20

Post by oldmo31 »

Hard to be injury free when your either blocked in the back or cheap shot in back and rewarded by the stripes.Those guys need a different hobby.Maybe get together and put a puzzle together and have a pizza.Hate to complain about stripes because Eastern played terrible the first half,but that's the worst job I've seen in years.Lost all respect for Belpre coaching staff.CHEAP THUGS!!!!7

Return to “Football”