Waverly 35 Minford 0

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Waverly 35 Minford 0

Post by greygoose »

Bleeding Red wrote:Did I read those stats correctly? Minford attempted only 8 passes and completed 1?
Yeah you read that correctly, stat that would be more alarming to me would be the net 103 yards from Minford offense. An offense that was supposed to lineup against Waverly and just pound on them all game. So many ppl talked down Waverly's defense for reason unknown to me or anyone else that has seen this team play. Stats speak for themselves, field conditions were supposed to benefit Minford no telling what happens I guess then if this game was on turf at Waverly.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Was really an old fashioned beat down, total domination on both sides of the ball. Minford had the one pick from a batted ball at the line of scrimmage and returned to the Waverly 16 yard line. The Tiger defense stood tall and prevented the Minford offense from moving the ball and they ended up missing a 30 yard FG.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford needs to put serious thought into this offense, what they are trying to achieve with it, and the off naive coaches on staff.

I missed the game last night but the offense has not been there all year. The defense can't expect to hold up when they're on the field all night.

Just mind boggling. 8 pass attempts from a spread offense. Not the first time either. I know a lot of people who are starting to panic at what they are seeing from this new staff. Very sloppy and they just don't have any identity.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote:Minford needs to put serious thought into this offense, what they are trying to achieve with it, and the off naive coaches on staff.

I missed the game last night but the offense has not been there all year. The defense can't expect to hold up when they're on the field all night.

Just mind boggling. 8 pass attempts from a spread offense. Not the first time either. I know a lot of people who are starting to panic at what they are seeing from this new staff. Very sloppy and they just don't have any identity.
"On the field all night"?

Looks like Minford won the time of T.O.P

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Crab's Brother wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Minford needs to put serious thought into this offense, what they are trying to achieve with it, and the off naive coaches on staff.

TIME OF POSSESSION: Waverly on the left
Possession Time............... 22:39 25:21
1st Quarter................. 7:57 4:03
2nd Quarter................. 6:58 5:02
3rd Quarter................. 4:49 7:11
4th Quarter................. 2:55 9:05

toast
All State

Post by toast »

What a difference it makes when playing with determination and "a chip on your shoulder mentality". If only you could bottle it. :lol:

Waverly clearly had something to prove. Not to take anything away from West as I still think they're a pretty good team. But that game left a bad taste in our mouth. Minford got their first 1st down well in to the third quarter. Tiger defense definitely played with resolve all night.

Interesting stat of the night. Nine different kids caught a pass for Waverly. Much more challenging for a defense when you can spread the ball around.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote:

I didn't go to the game last night. If you would have read my entire post you would have realized that. Thanks for pointing out the TOP, I never made it past the one completion when looking at the stats. Glad I can always count on you Crab's lol.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

smurray wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:

How much of Minford's TOP was with a running clock? Not all TOP is the same.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Congrats to Waverly, I thought this might be a trap game.

It wasn't.

Very solid team, good luck in Week 10 and good luck in the play-offs.

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

The Flush wrote:
smurray wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:

How much of Minford's TOP was with a running clock? Not all TOP is the same.
Running clock started with 7 min left in the ball game

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Waverly came out fired up last night. The last few weeks they have come out flat. I liked the third quarter the best. They tried a lot of different looks on offense and tried some new plays that will be needed in the next couple weeks. I was also impressed with the way they took care of the ball.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

This game should have been a running clock the entire 2nd half, for some reason some officials feel they are supposed to keep games close.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

After watching the Burg win big last week and now the shutout, it's apparent what the coaching staff is doing isn't working. The coach even said in the paper that "Waverly ran a defense we hadn't seen before" yet few if any adjustments were made to overcome it. Players loosing it on the field and a lot of clean uniforms on the sidelines won't win games. Most Minford defensive players came off the field exhausted at the end of the game. When you're loosing big time in the 4th qtr., put some subs in for the experience and the future. Doesn't matter then if you get beat 35-0 or 60-0.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Defense haven't seen before? They have always ran a 3-5 sounds like excuses being made for not being prepared and lack of offense!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Same defense Waverly has ran all year. I guess Minford didn't scout us?

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

If Minford's playcalling and entire offensive approach does not significantly improve, they will give Valley there first win of the season.

Return to “Football”