East 42 Symmes Valley 0

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Re: WK9 Symmes Valley (2-6) @ East (8-0)

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

Mark my words it's going to be a fight at the top of the soc 1 in 2 years with Green,Northwest,Symmes Valley and I'm not to impressed with east sophomore class just yet just to be honest but it could turn around in 2 years but it will be a competitive league then....

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

SEOPlegend wrote:
Noodle319 wrote:
Blue33 wrote: SOC 1 is for smaller schools..just about all D7...If someone from a D5 wants to bash a D7 school that beat them please by all means step up to SOC2 and state your case.
Every time we talk about the Oaks It always comes back to Oak Hill stepping up and playing the SOC2. If they were traditionally going to be 4-6 I’m sure this would never come up. Oak Hills opponents are a combined 50-20 on the year compared to East opponents being 24-56. Lets not drink the Tartan cool aid just yet.
Yeah but East plays teams that they should play, The Oaks do not playing multiple teams 2 divisions lower.
For conversation, where do they go and if you move the Oaks what about Northwest? And all of our non conference teams would beat East.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:Mark my words it's going to be a fight at the top of the soc 1 in 2 years with Green,Northwest,Symmes Valley and I'm not to impressed with east sophomore class just yet just to be honest but it could turn around in 2 years but it will be a competitive league then....
I think it's a pretty competitive league now. East will be good again next year and the aforementioned schools will continue to show improvement as well. Could get very crowded at the top next year.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Noodle319 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:
Noodle319 wrote:
Every time we talk about the Oaks It always comes back to Oak Hill stepping up and playing the SOC2. If they were traditionally going to be 4-6 I’m sure this would never come up. Oak Hills opponents are a combined 50-20 on the year compared to East opponents being 24-56. Lets not drink the Tartan cool aid just yet.
Yeah but East plays teams that they should play, The Oaks do not playing multiple teams 2 divisions lower.
For conversation, where do they go and if you move the Oaks what about Northwest? And all of our non conference teams would beat East.
Personally I think OH and NW are right where they need to be. Both are "big" schools in enrollment only. Logistics problems have already been noted and explained so no need to take it any further.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

Noodle319 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:
Noodle319 wrote:
I don't think so, Burg for sure but you have to realize 2 touchdowns were called back for East against Oak Hill and the boys didn't play good at all, East was the way better team. Not to mention they haven't had the number 2 lineman in the state all year.

BLUE AND WHITE
TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

The Tartans, like many teams, have had several touchdowns called back throughout the season. That has plagued them all season. Why make excuses for them? How long can you say "we didn't play our best", or "if not for all the penalties", or "it could've been worse if not for TD's called back"? Oak Hill is a very solid team that has played a tougher schedule than East. East is fortunate to have won, but did. It's the most quality opponent they have played and if grow from it, it can prepare them for the home stretch and a successful playoff push.

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 »

High Roller wrote:Saying the CG transfers could start anywhere in the area is laughable.
Well, we will see tomorrow night won't we ? Sam Angelo has like 12 receptions for 250 yds in 3 games on a strictly running team 95% of the time and has multiple sacks and the Holmes boy is an excellent place kicker and defensive player and he is a good rb as well... Nothing to laugh about if you look at those stats and abilities ...

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

TheSportsGuy wrote:The Tartans, like many teams, have had several touchdowns called back throughout the season. That has plagued them all season. Why make excuses for them? How long can you say "we didn't play our best", or "if not for all the penalties", or "it could've been worse if not for TD's called back"? Oak Hill is a very solid team that has played a tougher schedule than East. East is fortunate to have won, but did. It's the most quality opponent they have played and if grow from it, it can prepare them for the home stretch and a successful playoff push.
Not Excuses just facts. They are 8-0 for a reason sir.

BLUE AND WHITE
Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Post by Jackie Moon »

Congrats to the Tartans on the 42-0 win tonight. Big congrats to Senior Akia Brown to have rushed for over 4,000 yards in his career at East. Tonight Senior Drew Lowe set the single season passing record eclipsing 1,220 yards. It has been a joy watching both of these young men play football over the years and what a way to put your stamp on Senior Night. :D

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

SEOPlegend wrote:
BiddyBallDaddy wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:That's exactly what I said. ^^
Funny how East fans come crawling out of their caves to "beat their chests" as if leading in the SOC 1 is some stop the world accomplishment. East is good for the SOC 1, but outside of it, they are just another middle of the road team. When they win 2-3 games in the playoffs we can begin to talk about them...

For now Burg is the team in Scioto County.
You have never said something good about East. They just beat the team that your from, and you still have something negative to say. All I said was that Burg and East are the two best teams in both respective conferences, there is nothing untrue about that statement. Grow up sir, these are kids you are talking about.
Moved to Oak Hill, originally from the BURG and will continue to root for the BURG.
It's funny that you didn't show up until this year to argue about how great East is. We'll see when they drop off if you stick around.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

SEOPlegend wrote:
Noodle319 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote: Yeah but East plays teams that they should play, The Oaks do not playing multiple teams 2 divisions lower.
I don't think so, Burg for sure but you have to realize 2 touchdowns were called back for East against Oak Hill and the boys didn't play good at all, East was the way better team. Not to mention they haven't had the number 2 lineman in the state all year.
Here we go with your excuses like normal. All the what ifs... They scored on plays called back, you are correct. That normally happens due to the penalty that gave them that illegal advantage, hints why a penalty was created to penalize a team. You put them on this untouchable pedestal that is gonna be knocked over if you are not careful. East better pray they don't run into Trimble, Waterford and a few other schools in the first round.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Jackie Moon wrote:Congrats to the Tartans on the 42-0 win tonight. Big congrats to Senior Akia Brown to have rushed for over 4,000 yards in his career at East. Tonight Senior Drew Lowe set the single season passing record eclipsing 1,220 yards. It has been a joy watching both of these young men play football over the years and what a way to put your stamp on Senior Night. :D
Congrats to these two players, earned it for sure!

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote:
Jackie Moon wrote:Congrats to the Tartans on the 42-0 win tonight. Big congrats to Senior Akia Brown to have rushed for over 4,000 yards in his career at East. Tonight Senior Drew Lowe set the single season passing record eclipsing 1,220 yards. It has been a joy watching both of these young men play football over the years and what a way to put your stamp on Senior Night. :D
Thank you, something heart warming from you sir, about time.

BLUE AND WHITE
BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

SEOPlegend wrote:
BiddyBallDaddy wrote:
I'll give credit where credit is due. Your turn...

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:
BiddyBallDaddy wrote:
I'll give credit where credit is due. Your turn...
Lol so you are saying a 9-0 team doesnt deserve credit??

BLUE AND WHITE
BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Re: East 42 Symmes Valley 0

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Do you have a brain? Turn it on if so. You said "thank you, something heart warming from you sir, about time"

I responded with "I'll give credit where credit is due", meaning when I see something good that deserves credit, I will be the first to do so, aka, I give compliments when they are deserved.

Is that the part that confused you? Or was it the "your turn..."?

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote:Do you have a brain? Turn it on if so. You said "thank you, something heart warming from you sir, about time"

I responded with "I'll give credit where credit is due", meaning when I see something good that deserves credit, I will be the first to do so, aka, I give compliments when they are deserved.

Is that the part that confused you? Or was it the "your turn..."?
No I'm referring to your ongoing comments made towards East and there team... We can go back and see your comments about them, how many of them are nice?

BLUE AND WHITE
BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

You're all over the place with your comments. You quote me and tell me a 9-0 team doesn't deserve credit. You obviously had no idea what I meant by "I'll give credit where credit is due". So instead you say your referring to other comments. Which is it? Arguing with you is like running in circles chasing your tail.

None of my comments have referred to a single kid ever (and I compliment certain players for their hard work and accomplishments). I point out the obvious... When you rack up personal fouls and your fans show 0 class, it's not difficult to spot. Please dispute that one...

And you wonder why East gets a bad name for itself. Win with class, lose with class... So defensive when called out.

Return to “Football”