River 22 Buckeye Trail 7

carbon_dated
Freshman Backup
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:03 am

River 22 Buckeye Trail 7

Post by carbon_dated » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:05 am

Might be close game. River leads all-time series 8-3. Warriors always play to level of competition.
Trail had huge win over Barnesville earlier in season 54-50.
River won a year ago 29-19, then won by forfeit in 2015. If you saw game, BT ran roughshod over Pilots but used ineligible player.

Pilots trying for top seed in R23 or at least home field in 1st round. Trail has outside shot to host playoff if chips fall right.



EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: WK 9 OVAC- River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by EasternDspy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:08 am

Trail to have any shot has to have Pontius healthy.

Froggy801
Waterboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: WK 9 OVAC- River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Froggy801 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:51 am

It's a must win for Trail if they wanna have a good chance to make playoffs. I think Trail will come ready to play now that they got some confidence back. Don't really know how good River really is. I'm gonna take Trail in a close one.

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: WK 9 OVAC- River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by EasternDspy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:34 am

We know River is good they went 9-1 last year and are 8-0 this year. This is a top notch opponent with an elite player like Isaly. Trail will have to bring it.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
Varsity Backup
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:21 pm
Location: wellston
Contact:

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:07 am

Upset alert...trail gonna get it
GO BUCKEYES ROCKETS AND BENGALS.....

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by EasternDspy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:40 pm

If Trail can beat River that would be huge for Fort Frye.

User avatar
Stone Cold
Freshman Starter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:48 am
Location: SE Ohio passing out Stunners

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Stone Cold » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Not gonna happen. River 42-14
And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....

Broncosfan
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Broncosfan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Seen most of river film, they are a very good football team. they know what they do well and do it well. Trail can't stand toe to toe with them, they have to find a way to get the ball out to some playmakers. If they try running the ball with pontius and snodgrass over and over, looking like fort frye and Shenandoah games, will be over in first half, 42-12

skinnyblonde
Waterboy
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by skinnyblonde » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:42 pm

^^^^^
This guy has me like..... Yea dude!

Broncosfan
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Broncosfan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Trail scoring 31 points a game and shutout against ridgewood and fortfrye, giving up 28 points a game avg. River avg. 39.7 points a game, comes down to o-line and d-line, both teams have great Qb play, good RBs, edge at WRs only because trail doesnt throw enough, trail doesn't matchup against better line play. Did see river turn ball over quite a bit, could make it a game, unless trail mixes things up, standing firm on 42-12. 12 coming in garbage time

Froggy801
Waterboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Froggy801 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:28 pm

I think Trails offense is gonna surprise some people this week. Could be another shootout

skinnyblonde
Waterboy
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by skinnyblonde » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:32 pm

Broncos fan were you the guy behind me yelling throw the ball Friday night when trail was up 8 in the 4th. Sounds like it.

Broncosfan
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Broncosfan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm a huge trail fan, love our team, we can't throw the ball very well, so no it wasn't me, need to get our athletic kids the ball in different ways, motion, end arounds, screen passes, ect. We can't run the ball against good teams between the tackles. Hope with all my heart that we play well and kids stay healthy, and hopefully win. Just an honest observer, of what we do well and what we don't.

carbon_dated
Freshman Backup
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:03 am

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by carbon_dated » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:00 am

Is this the last time these two play? I know Trail joining that IVC, right?

Maverick4
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Maverick4 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:13 am

Trail is joining the IVC, yes. Not sure if they'll play in non league or not. Trail should have a great shot at winning that small school IVC division next year.

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Maverick4 wrote:Trail is joining the IVC, yes. Not sure if they'll play in non league or not. Trail should have a great shot at winning that small school IVC division next year.

Who is in what division?

Jason Vorhees
Freshman Starter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:16 am

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Jason Vorhees » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:13 pm

River 35 Trail 14. Pontius and Snodgrass are really nice players but River has so many people who are a threat on offense. If Trail keys in on Isaly, then others, such as Dietz or Carretti will have big games.

CFB1
Waterboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:18 am

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by CFB1 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:21 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Maverick4 wrote:Trail is joining the IVC, yes. Not sure if they'll play in non league or not. Trail should have a great shot at winning that small school IVC division next year.

Who is in what division?
Trail will be in the small school division with:
Malvern
East Canton
Strasburg
Tuscarawas Central Catholic
Sandy Valley ( not sure why they are going to be in the small school. They are one of the biggest schools in the league now. Word is that they refused to play Garaway and Ridgewood anymore. Very winnable league for Trail next year IMO.

Big school is:
Garaway
Ridgewood
Necomerstown (should be in small school)
Claymont
Indian Valley
Hiland (no football)

There are 2 crossover games for each team also. Not sure if those will rotate every few years or not.

wagner97
Waterboy
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by wagner97 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:40 pm

I was at the West M game. Boy what I saw was a little bit different than what the local offensive and defensive coordinators on this board are saying.

Here's my recap:

(1) Pontius, who is responsible for nearly both 1,000 yards on the ground and air, did not play. #12 started. Not sure if this kid - who did a very good job managing the game - has ever started a game before.

(2) The first three out of seven plays on offense were some type of jet sweep, obviously hoping to get to the outside and not run between the tackles, as most of you on here are so up in arms about. This approached worked with mixed results, for West M aligned defensively to take both away the jet sweep (by slanting to the motion) and by alignment with safety help.

(3) Trail countered away from the strength to #22 and that resulted in a touchdown.

(4) Defensively, Trail played one of their better games of the season. Their coaches obviously had a decent game plan. One of you experts correct me if I am wrong (I'm sure you will) but didn't Trail spot West M something like 13 points on or because of special team missteps?

(5) Coming out at the half it was obvious - perhaps by playcalling - that Trail was going to give the ball to Snodgrass out of several different formations. I counted three: a trips set, spread, and what looked like a double tight or double wing set. Out of those formations I counted four different run plays, an isolation, trap, counter, and a qb isolation. On the first possession of the second half Trail marched down the field riding Snodgrass and punched the ball in.

(6) Defensively the second half was the best Trail has played all year. The blitzing packages that were called caused West M incredible trouble in both the running and the passing game. #22 must be getting near some sort of record at Trail for tackles. He was all over the place. Corners did well shutting down #44 for West M, who must have been something like 6'5" or so. That was one big kid. I was surprised that West M did not isolate him against man coverage and throw to him more often. Maybe their offensive coordinator is related to Trail's??? (LOL)

(7) Trail continued to pound the ball with Snodgrass, primarily out of a double tight set. Then, came back with several play actions passes to again #22, and to #4, who I believe scored a touchdown to take the lead.

(8) #22 on defense had a pick six to give Trail the lead for good. Once again, the blitzing caused West M's QB to throw an awful pass out their endzone that resulted in a great play by #22.

(9) Trail decides to run out the clock on the back of Snodgrass, which proved to be successful.

So from all of this it appears as if the game plan on both sides of the ball was to get the win without the passing game and running game that Pontius obviously adds. As for Fort Frye and Shenandoah (that several of you have mentioned? The Shenandoah game was played in an absolute mud hole. There was an hour long delay at halftime because of a down pour. On a dry field Trail wins that game by 14+ points. Fort Frye played completely cover zero against Trail and did so better than any team I have ever seen in high school football. Trail's receivers - those athletes that many of you have been call for getting the ball - were getting BLOWN off the line of scrimmage and unable to run their routes. If you are a receiver and can not get off of the line of scrimmage against cover zero, than you have no chance. Period.

Again, sorry for the long winded comments, but I must be watching a completely different game from the stands. I hear many of the ignorant comments that are made and just shake my head and keep my mouth shut.

Several years ago, Chuck Amato, the former head coach at North Carolina State, and now defensive coordinator at Akron, once told me: "There is a reason that fans sit and the stands, and that coaches stand on the sideline."

skinnyblonde
Waterboy
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by skinnyblonde » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Coach Kerns hates the crossover games and told my uncle that those two games could cause him to resign long term. He dont think year in and year out they can compete with schools 3 divisions bigger. In addition to those two games they play two non conference games against ridgewood and Newcomerstown, so essentially Barnesville is the only non IVC school the Warriors play. That's really strange.

22 is Carter Streiff he is a baller. He is to their defense as Pontius is to their offense.

Snodgrass is a baller to.

The struggle with Trail is the kids don't know how to win. These kids have never been part of a winning season at the varsity level. They probably won more football games this season than the basketball team has won the last two combined.

Trail suffers because a lot of their kids don't play for one reason or another.

This is going to be a process and the full effect of the coaching and program change will be noticed more so next year and even more after that.

The last time a week 9 game mattered at Buckeye Trail bush was in the white house and before that Clinton in 95.

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:25 pm

CFB1 wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:
Maverick4 wrote:Trail is joining the IVC, yes. Not sure if they'll play in non league or not. Trail should have a great shot at winning that small school IVC division next year.

Who is in what division?
Trail will be in the small school division with:
Malvern
East Canton
Strasburg
Tuscarawas Central Catholic
Sandy Valley ( not sure why they are going to be in the small school. They are one of the biggest schools in the league now. Word is that they refused to play Garaway and Ridgewood anymore. Very winnable league for Trail next year IMO.

Big school is:
Garaway
Ridgewood
Necomerstown (should be in small school)
Claymont
Indian Valley
Hiland (no football)

There are 2 crossover games for each team also. Not sure if those will rotate every few years or not.
JV trips to East Canton will suck.

Froggy801
Waterboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Froggy801 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:28 pm

As I've said before Trail has something to prove this week and I think there gonna surprise some people. It's the first good season Trail has had since 2007. Trail has played good against really good teams not including Fort Frye though don't know what was going on that game but wasn't good. Trail has to pull the upset off if they wanna make the playoffs. I'm not saying Trail will shut down Rivers offense but I think they will hold them in check probably give up 20 points or so but I think Trails offense gets going this week and they win the game.

rickoshay
JV Starter
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Along the Muskingum Wash. Co.

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by rickoshay » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:38 pm

Cadet Nation sure hope Trail can pull the big upset.

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:41 pm

As for Football and being a D7 school I just think the PVC was better then IVC for Trail.

rubberchicken
Waterboy
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:55 am

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by rubberchicken » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:17 am

No disrespect to the PVC, but its not a better football conference than the IVC. Trail will be fine in the small school division of the IVC, but they will by no means be the cream of the crop on a regular basis in the small division.

Maverick4
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Maverick4 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:29 am

In my understanding CFB1, the crossover games will change after two years. East Canton will be a haul for Trail but the facilities are decent up there. I know Trail opens up at Ridgewood next year which is not considered a crossover game, its a non league game for both schools.
And yes CFB, newcomerstown being in the big school division is a joke. Sandy Valley (a d5 which was a d4 school for many years, threatened to leave the league if they were not put in the small school, Which i wish they would leave) but yes they refused to play garaway and ridgewood, Both schools contacted Sandy about playing in a non league game and Sandy turned both schools down. Newcomerstown wanted to be in the big school league for less travel. terrible move for their kids and athletics. I believe trail could win that league next year. East Canton will be decent. Strasburg will be decent, but maybe a couple years away. TCC loses alot, Malvern will be getting better. Sandy Valley will be competitive.
but good luck to trail this week. if pontius is healthy i think it could be a shootout.

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by EasternDspy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:19 am

rubberchicken wrote:No disrespect to the PVC, but its not a better football conference than the IVC. Trail will be fine in the small school division of the IVC, but they will by no means be the cream of the crop on a regular basis in the small division.

It's easy to make the playoffs in D7 I'm not saying the PVC is better in terms of strength in schedule I'm talking it's best for Trail. Shorter trips and easier opponents. Trail leaving for the IVC was just silly in my opinion.


rockcoach
Freshman Backup
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by rockcoach » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:00 am

Why hasn't Pontius been playing? He seems to be the catalyst that makes the offense gel. They need him to compete with River.

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:11 am

rockcoach wrote:Why hasn't Pontius been playing? He seems to be the catalyst that makes the offense gel. They need him to compete with River.

He played vs Fort Frye just wasn't effective and it could of been because he wasn't healthy.

Twogirls
Waterboy
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Twogirls » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:49 am

Pontius had a thigh bruise that he was battling early, and then on the 2nd play against fort frye he sprained his ankle. he sit out last week only. thigh bruise is cleared.

EasternDspy
All State
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by EasternDspy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:52 am

It's playoff time 2 weeks early for the Warriors. It might not be the most ideal situation but they have a chance to win this game and go to the playoffs. Leave it all on the field. Toronto showed last week you force the Pilots into turnovers.

osu
Waterboy
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:30 am

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by osu » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:39 am

wagner97 wrote:I was at the West M game. Boy what I saw was a little bit different than what the local offensive and defensive coordinators on this board are saying.

Here's my recap:

(1) Pontius, who is responsible for nearly both 1,000 yards on the ground and air, did not play. #12 started. Not sure if this kid - who did a very good job managing the game - has ever started a game before.

(2) The first three out of seven plays on offense were some type of jet sweep, obviously hoping to get to the outside and not run between the tackles, as most of you on here are so up in arms about. This approached worked with mixed results, for West M aligned defensively to take both away the jet sweep (by slanting to the motion) and by alignment with safety help.

(3) Trail countered away from the strength to #22 and that resulted in a touchdown.

(4) Defensively, Trail played one of their better games of the season. Their coaches obviously had a decent game plan. One of you experts correct me if I am wrong (I'm sure you will) but didn't Trail spot West M something like 13 points on or because of special team missteps?

(5) Coming out at the half it was obvious - perhaps by playcalling - that Trail was going to give the ball to Snodgrass out of several different formations. I counted three: a trips set, spread, and what looked like a double tight or double wing set. Out of those formations I counted four different run plays, an isolation, trap, counter, and a qb isolation. On the first possession of the second half Trail marched down the field riding Snodgrass and punched the ball in.

(6) Defensively the second half was the best Trail has played all year. The blitzing packages that were called caused West M incredible trouble in both the running and the passing game. #22 must be getting near some sort of record at Trail for tackles. He was all over the place. Corners did well shutting down #44 for West M, who must have been something like 6'5" or so. That was one big kid. I was surprised that West M did not isolate him against man coverage and throw to him more often. Maybe their offensive coordinator is related to Trail's??? (LOL)

(7) Trail continued to pound the ball with Snodgrass, primarily out of a double tight set. Then, came back with several play actions passes to again #22, and to #4, who I believe scored a touchdown to take the lead.

(8) #22 on defense had a pick six to give Trail the lead for good. Once again, the blitzing caused West M's QB to throw an awful pass out their endzone that resulted in a great play by #22.

(9) Trail decides to run out the clock on the back of Snodgrass, which proved to be successful.

So from all of this it appears as if the game plan on both sides of the ball was to get the win without the passing game and running game that Pontius obviously adds. As for Fort Frye and Shenandoah (that several of you have mentioned? The Shenandoah game was played in an absolute mud hole. There was an hour long delay at halftime because of a down pour. On a dry field Trail wins that game by 14+ points. Fort Frye played completely cover zero against Trail and did so better than any team I have ever seen in high school football. Trail's receivers - those athletes that many of you have been call for getting the ball - were getting BLOWN off the line of scrimmage and unable to run their routes. If you are a receiver and can not get off of the line of scrimmage against cover zero, than you have no chance. Period.

Again, sorry for the long winded comments, but I must be watching a completely different game from the stands. I hear many of the ignorant comments that are made and just shake my head and keep my mouth shut.

Several years ago, Chuck Amato, the former head coach at North Carolina State, and now defensive coordinator at Akron, once told me: "There is a reason that fans sit and the stands, and that coaches stand on the sideline."

rubberchicken
Waterboy
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:55 am

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by rubberchicken » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:18 am

Trail has been bad for past couple years, the new coach has done a solid job, kids play hard, dont quit and play with excitement. Everyone thinks playcalling, hence the "up the gut" comment, wins and loses games. Thats just ignorant. Go watch Kirtland play, they run 4 plays, 3 of which are "up the gut". They seem to do ok. Talent wins games, not that coaching isnt important, but play calling, strategy, etc is over rated. Coaching success comes from motivating and relating to kids, getting them to buy in and believe in the program is the fundamental key to success, not running "up the gut" or "running outside" or "throw it deep" plays.

last poster to me sounds like a bitter or jealous parent of a player on the team, which is the root of most problems in a below average program.

Twogirls
Waterboy
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: WK9 River (8-0) @ Buckeye Trail (5-3)

Post by Twogirls » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:55 am

osu wrote:Lol first of all I don't know who you are but you crack me up. I am a fan of the pvc and have seen every team play. I watched your game against fort Frye which you were absolutely dominated in every aspect of the game. You say wr's couldn't get off the ball. I seen several kids wide open and your qb couldn't throw the ball within 10 yards of the kid. You should of beat shenandoah and to use the excuse the field was horrible when both team plaged on it just like they will tonight. Buckeye trail has a ton of talent this year and should of finished no worse than 7-3. But they continue to run a biddy league offense and will get destroyed tonight if they don't have a better game plan than Snodgrass and Pontius up the gut.

osu come on

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Falcon01, Google Adsense [Bot], hsfbfan, knightruner and 95 guests