WK9 Winton Woods (3-5) at Jackson (6-2)

doubleplay643
S

Re: WK9 Winton Woods (3-5) at Jackson (6-2)

Post by doubleplay643 »

Roadhog wrote:Cam Williams will be back for this game.Thats a plus, this will be a physical game.I've watched a lot of film on WW,they are a defense team ,there offense is a little shakey. Gonna be a tall task for the ironmen, I know there up for it.Gonna see a little different offense this week out of the ironmen. Let's go Red!!!!
I know Cam is looking to continue his football at the next level.

What better opportunity to show some prospective colleges his ability by lining him up at TE against the Winton Woods OSU defensive end recruit and having him be able to hold is own.

Too bad Roseberry won't return until Week 10 though.

Tough game for Jackson, but Go Red!

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Believe he plays Defensive Tackle....

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Yes. He will line up at tackle this week.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah he's considered a defensive tackle, for a guy with that talent I'm sure they move him around a lot.

DonMagicRon
Waterboy

Post by DonMagicRon »

I will give everyone a little Winton Woods players preview. The roster is EXTREMELY young and inexperienced with some key injuries. Offense has 3 Seniors starting.The starting QB was injured and lost for the season. RaQuan Prince is a Sophomore WR that was inserted at QB two games ago. The feature RB was #23 Lorenzo Gist but had to be moved to linebacker due to injury. He was replaced by Freshman #44 Miyan Williams, Gist still will get a few carries. #1 Cornell Beachum is a junior wideout and kick returner, and is also an All American wrestler. #3 Navaar Gunnaway is the othe Junior wideout. The oline is anchored by Senior OT#70 Andrew Kaerobo. He has multiple college offers and is about 6'4" and 270lbs.

The defense now has 3 Seniors starting. The D line is anchored by Ohio St. Commit #55 Jerron Cage. He also is one of the top heavyweight wrestlers in the state. He's joined by #58 Junior Maurice Chapman (my favorite player) and #88 Sophomore Anthony Booker who is about 6'4" and 250lbs and already has scholarship offers. The linebacker corp is now anchored by two seniors inside, the aforementioned Gist and #16 Danny Wallace. Outside are #10 Junior Evan Stephan and #22 Chris Oates who has 20+ college offers which include Ohio St., Michigan and Oklahoma. Hes a Junior and still uncommitted. They secondary has two juniors and two sophomores. CB #5 Quinn Smith is a Junior that started every game last season the other corner is a Sophomore #14 Kymetrius Gates. The Safeties are Junior #30 Gianni Gamble, who started as a Sophomore and starting to get some looks and Sophomore #24 Waseem Fickell. The Warriors are young and inexperienced, but getting better everyday and continue to play hard. I expect us to be able to stay in this game, with a chance to win. We are currently 3-5 but play a monster schedule. We been in every game and could be 8-0. I noticed that someone mentioned Miquan Grace. He is currently a freshman CB that has offers from University of Cincinnati and University of Kentucky. He has been moved up to JV now that the freshman season is over but he has not cracked the varsity line up yet.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

DonMagicRon wrote:I will give everyone a little Winton Woods players preview. The roster is EXTREMELY young and inexperienced with some key injuries. Offense has 3 Seniors starting.The starting QB was injured and lost for the season. RaQuan Prince is a Sophomore WR that was inserted at QB two games ago. The feature RB was #23 Lorenzo Gist but had to be moved to linebacker due to injury. He was replaced by Freshman #44 Miyan Williams, Gist still will get a few carries. #1 Cornell Beachum is a junior wideout and kick returner, and is also an All American wrestler. #3 Navaar Gunnaway is the othe Junior wideout. The oline is anchored by Senior OT#70 Andrew Kaerobo. He has multiple college offers and is about 6'4" and 270lbs.

The defense now has 3 Seniors starting. The D line is anchored by Ohio St. Commit #55 Jerron Cage. He also is one of the top heavyweight wrestlers in the state. He's joined by #58 Junior Maurice Chapman (my favorite player) and #88 Sophomore Anthony Booker who is about 6'4" and 250lbs and already has scholarship offers. The linebacker corp is now anchored by two seniors inside, the aforementioned Gist and #16 Danny Wallace. Outside are #10 Junior Evan Stephan and #22 Chris Oates who has 20+ college offers which include Ohio St., Michigan and Oklahoma. Hes a Junior and still uncommitted. They secondary has two juniors and two sophomores. CB #5 Quinn Smith is a Junior that started every game last season the other corner is a Sophomore #14 Kymetrius Gates. The Safeties are Junior #30 Gianni Gamble, who started as a Sophomore and starting to get some looks and Sophomore #24 Waseem Fickell. The Warriors are young and inexperienced, but getting better everyday and continue to play hard. I expect us to be able to stay in this game, with a chance to win. We are currently 3-5 but play a monster schedule. We been in every game and could be 8-0. I noticed that someone mentioned Miquan Grace. He is currently a freshman CB that has offers from University of Cincinnati and University of Kentucky. He has been moved up to JV now that the freshman season is over but he has not cracked the varsity line up yet.
Thank You....and geesh

DonMagicRon
Waterboy

Post by DonMagicRon »

My apologies about the length of my post.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Thanks for the information Don. Winton woods looks like they have some really good talent.

Go Jackson

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

DonMagicRon wrote: He is currently a freshman CB that has offers from University of Cincinnati and University of Kentucky. He has been moved up to JV now that the freshman season is over but he has not cracked the varsity line up yet.
Two offers and hasn't even cracked the varsity lineup yet ? :o He must be pretty special.I would sure like to make it down to see this game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

What time is this game? This site says 1pm http://scorestream.com/game/jackson-vs- ... ods-855195

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:What time is this game? This site says 1pm http://scorestream.com/game/jackson-vs- ... ods-855195
That would be too early for you Bolt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jackson School website says 7

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Great to see the above post from a WW fan.

Sounds like the Ironmen will be outgunned but best of luck to them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

DonMagicRon wrote:My apologies about the length of my post.
No, my "geesh" was for the amount of talent on their team, not the length of your post.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

DonMagicRon wrote:I will give everyone a little Winton Woods players preview. The roster is EXTREMELY young and inexperienced with some key injuries. Offense has 3 Seniors starting.The starting QB was injured and lost for the season. RaQuan Prince is a Sophomore WR that was inserted at QB two games ago. The feature RB was #23 Lorenzo Gist but had to be moved to linebacker due to injury. He was replaced by Freshman #44 Miyan Williams, Gist still will get a few carries. #1 Cornell Beachum is a junior wideout and kick returner, and is also an All American wrestler. #3 Navaar Gunnaway is the othe Junior wideout. The oline is anchored by Senior OT#70 Andrew Kaerobo. He has multiple college offers and is about 6'4" and 270lbs.

Great post. Thanks for the information.

Can't believe that Grace is that highly recruited and doesn't even actually play varsity yet. That shows just how talented this Winton Woods team truly is. Hopefully you enjoy your experience at Jackson. Obviously I'm biased, but I think our facilities are some of the best in the state of Ohio. Should be a great atmosphere on Saturday night. Hopefully the Ironmen can play well and make things competitive against a very talented squad, that appears to also have a very bright future.

DonMagicRon
Waterboy

Post by DonMagicRon »

Abe Froman wrote:Great to see the above post from a WW fan.

Jackson won't be outgunned. The Ironmen are 6-2, that's a good record. We will play hard and not get blown out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONMEN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
DonMagicRon
Waterboy

Post by DonMagicRon »

ironman02 wrote:

Great post. Thanks for the information.

Can't believe that Grace is that highly recruited and doesn't even actually play varsity yet. That shows just how talented this Winton Woods team truly is. Hopefully you enjoy your experience at Jackson. Obviously I'm biased, but I think our facilities are some of the best in the state of Ohio. Should be a great atmosphere on Saturday night. Hopefully the Ironmen can play well and make things competitive against a very talented squad, that appears to also have a very bright future.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/ ... /83471564/

The interest and offers came from camps. He is extremely fast with good coverage technique but just not physical enough or strong enough at this point. You gotta be able to tackle running backs in practice. We just have 5-6 guys thats further along in development.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

DonMagicRon wrote:

Jackson won't be outgunned. The Ironmen are 6-2, that's a good record. We will play hard and not get blown out.

Don, you are being gracious and humble. Jackson (actually no one in SEO) plays LaSalle and Elder and SVSM. So the Ironmen's 6-2 record is very respectable but nothing like WW has ever came to their town in recent history.

The outgunned reference was to the number of athletes you have playing at the next level. Trust me the Ironmen will compete are a physical football team but WW will have the upper hand from the get go.

I am from a neighboring school but will be traveling up since this is a Saturday game. Looking forward to seeing it actually.

DonMagicRon
Waterboy

Post by DonMagicRon »

Abe Froman wrote:
DonMagicRon wrote:

Don, you are being gracious and humble. Jackson (actually no one in SEO) plays LaSalle and Elder and SVSM. So the Ironmen's 6-2 record is very respectable but nothing like WW has ever came to their town in recent history.

The outgunned reference was to the number of athletes you have playing at the next level. Trust me the Ironmen will compete are a physical football team but WW will have the upper hand from the get go.

I am from a neighboring school but will be traveling up since this is a Saturday game. Looking forward to seeing it actually.
I've learned the hard way that we are not good enough to just walk on the field and win. We have to learn to play with less mistakes. I feel we should had beat LaSalle and SVSM (playing first game without starting QB). I'm concerned about this opponent and game. Very concerned. We have been very inconsistent. We dont play kids both ways but these injuries has really thinned out our depth.

Return to “Football”