WK9 Winton Woods (3-5) at Jackson (6-2)

DonMagicRon
Waterboy

Re: WK9 Winton Woods (3-5) at Jackson (6-2)

Post by DonMagicRon »

The play where Jackson intercepted a WW pass then the kid fumble the ball into the endzone should had been a safety for WW. The player intercepted the ball and established possession, thus the fumble call

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

DonMagicRon wrote:The play where Jackson intercepted a WW pass then the kid fumble the ball into the endzone should had been a safety for WW. The player intercepted the ball and established possession, thus the fumble call
The whistle should have been blowed before he even fumbled. His momentum was stopped , he was help up for probably 10 seconds . Good way to get players injured . But oh well .

DonMagicRon
Waterboy

Post by DonMagicRon »

Poo Bear wrote:
DonMagicRon wrote:The play where Jackson intercepted a WW pass then the kid fumble the ball into the endzone should had been a safety for WW. The player intercepted the ball and established possession, thus the fumble call
The whistle should have been blowed before he even fumbled. His momentum was stopped , he was help up for probably 10 seconds . Good way to get players injured . But oh well .
Yea maybe the crew should had blown the whistle but they didn't and the ball was live.

I thought the Jackson strategy to go tight formation, attempt to pound the ball and run clock was a good strategy. It neutralized our athletic avantage and forced us to be football players instead of athletes. We need to do a better job off setting the edge and let the other ten defenders run down the ball carrier.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

A few things.

Unless there's a rule I'm not aware of, that should definitely have been a safety. Didn't matter much at that point, but I was puzzled by the call.

I was very impressed with Cage, of course. The pick-6 by Oats was a spectacular play, and he was outstanding all night. Hope he ends up being a Buckeye. Also very impressed with Gist, the RB/LB. He played one heck of a game on both sides of the ball.

Jackson did make some costly mistakes, but I was very pleased with their effort. They were probably pressing a bit because they knew they had to play a nearly perfect game to win, but they definitely represented themselves well against one heck of a football team.

Looks like we're still alive mathematically for the playoffs, but need a lot of help. It'll be senior night for a great group of Ironmen next week against Cabell-Midland. Hopefully they can finish things off the right way.

I'll do some number crunching and get a Week 10 thread started soon.

Return to “Football”