Wheelersburg 42 Valley 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WK9 Valley (0-8) @ Wheelersburg (8-0)

Post by Bleeding Red »

Westfan wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:The cannon might sound more like a machine gun tonight.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Might want to consider water cooling that barrel.

Maybe they can pipe water right out of the Ohio River and right up to the stadium lol

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg4 wrote:Thinking this one gets out of hand quickly...

Burg (8-0) Has scored 321 points on the year and given up 68 points

Valley (0-8) Has scored 79 points on the year and give up 327 points

Burg scores 40.1 average per game and gives up 8.5. Valley scores 9.9 average per game and gives up 40.9.

I predict tonight's score 40-7, with lots of Freshmen and Sophomore seeing playing time.

GO BURG!
Freshman Don't See Time

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Neutron Man wrote:
Burg4 wrote:Thinking this one gets out of hand quickly...

Burg (8-0) Has scored 321 points on the year and given up 68 points

Valley (0-8) Has scored 79 points on the year and give up 327 points

Burg scores 40.1 average per game and gives up 8.5. Valley scores 9.9 average per game and gives up 40.9.

I predict tonight's score 40-7, with lots of Freshmen and Sophomore seeing playing time.

GO BURG!
Freshman Don't See Time
they might in this one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Gluefactory
Waterboy

Post by Gluefactory »

Valley scores first in this game !!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Gluefactory wrote:Valley scores first in this game !!!
"Wrong answer Clyde" lol

Final
Burg - 42
Valley - 0

Good win by the Pirates though they did look flat on offense on some series. Defense played lights out with some monster hits. Need to clean up the penalties by next week and further down the line.

Got a question for officials or anyone who knows. What is the penalty for pass interference in high school? I saw it marked off twice as a spot foul, one of 19 yards and another of 16 and then marked off as 10 yards and 15 yards with the 10 yarder being on 3rd and 13 and not resulting in a 1st down. I thought is was 10 yards from the line of scrimmage and an automatic 1st down.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I didn't think the burg played very well at all. Valley is not very good. Should have been a running clock in the first half.
Now I'm going to rant. Playing in the band is a privilege. If you are a member of the band it should be mandatory that you play the national anthem. If you choose not to play the national anthem you should not be in the band. I have always given money to all the programs during fundraising activities but the band will not be receiving anymore money from me. I thought the young ladies who just won the school a state championship should have at least had there names announced.

Burg4
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg 42 Valley 0

Post by Burg4 »

I did see a band member for 2 weeks in a row leave during the national anthem and stand on the sideline. Is this like a protest or something? Also, I agree that the names should have been announced. There were some girls who drove home from college 2 hours and up to 6 hours for that.

GroveCityBnR
Waterboy

Post by GroveCityBnR »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
"Wrong answer Clyde" lol

Final
Burg - 42
Valley - 0

Good win by the Pirates though they did look flat on offense on some series. Defense played lights out with some monster hits. Need to clean up the penalties by next week and further down the line.

Got a question for officials or anyone who knows. What is the penalty for pass interference in high school? I saw it marked off twice as a spot foul, one of 19 yards and another of 16 and then marked off as 10 yards and 15 yards with the 10 yarder being on 3rd and 13 and not resulting in a 1st down. I thought is was 10 yards from the line of scrimmage and an automatic 1st down.
15 yards from the original line of scrimmage unless it is inside the 30 yard line, then it is half the distance. Not an automatic first down. Only automatics in HS are roughing penalties.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Burg4 wrote:I did see a band member for 2 weeks in a row leave during the national anthem and stand on the sideline. Is this like a protest or something? Also, I agree that the names should have been announced. There were some girls who drove home from college 2 hours and up to 6 hours for that.

Should have said their names and should have had the trophy with them.

I guess the band member has no intention on joining the military. :(

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Hope the young man from valley is ok, kid is tough. He took a beating, not really sure why he was still out there in the 4th with a running clock after the hits that kid took.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

JTEK wrote:I didn't think the burg played very well at all. Valley is not very good. Should have been a running clock in the first half.
Now I'm going to rant. Playing in the band is a privilege. If you are a member of the band it should be mandatory that you play the national anthem. If you choose not to play the national anthem you should not be in the band. I have always given money to all the programs during fundraising activities but the band will not be receiving anymore money from me. I thought the young ladies who just won the school a state championship should have at least had there names announced.
Can't have a running clock in the first half no matter what the score is. It starts in second half as soon as there is a 30-point difference.

I pretty much agree with your other points.

This national anthem protest thing if that is what it is grinds on me a little bit. The irony of being able to protest due to young men and women throughout our history giving up their lives in the armed services shouldn't be a fact lost on anyone, but this is a sports forum so I will end that right there.

Beat West.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Burg4 wrote:I did see a band member for 2 weeks in a row leave during the national anthem and stand on the sideline. Is this like a protest or something? Also, I agree that the names should have been announced. There were some girls who drove home from college 2 hours and up to 6 hours for that.

I talked with a band mother from burg and she said there isn't any type of protest. They are band members that help out etc and rarely leave the side lines.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

This years lines are not on the level of last years , not that they are not trying, they just don't have the size or the talent. I have said all years that the penaltys will cost them dearly sometime this year.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

GroveCityBnR wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
"Wrong answer Clyde" lol

Final
Burg - 42
Valley - 0

15 yards from the original line of scrimmage unless it is inside the 30 yard line, then it is half the distance. Not an automatic first down. Only automatics in HS are roughing penalties.
This crew was all over the place. The first one against the Burg moved the ball from the 34 yard line to the 15, which is about where the infraction occurred. That is a 19 yard penalty. I figured there was no spot foul on that so I was confused with the 19 yards.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

blue53 wrote:

I talked with a band mother from burg and she said there isn't any type of protest. They are band members that help out etc and rarely leave the side lines.
I'm sure everyone will be paying a little more attention in week 11. Seems like a strange time to walk off the field.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

callie15 wrote:This years lines are not on the level of last years , not that they are not trying, they just don't have the size or the talent. I have said all years that the penaltys will cost them dearly sometime this year.
I'm still baffled by these posts.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote:
callie15 wrote:This years lines are not on the level of last years , not that they are not trying, they just don't have the size or the talent. I have said all years that the penaltys will cost them dearly sometime this year.
I know we disagree on this but I'm not sure what your seeing that I'm not or vice versa
there is know one I've talked to including coaches that have played the burg for the last few years that think the lines on both sides of the ball are anywhere close to the lines of previous teams. the previous lines just mauled people, this years dline is ok, not real physical but ok. this years oline is just not very good

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I somewhat see why people don't think the Burg lines are that good, but look at the results. Burg averages 40 ppg while allowing 8 ppg and they are 9-0 and looking to finish 10-0 for the 2nd straight year. They may not be the biggest lines or strongest, but the results speak for themselves. The expectations are always high at Wheelersburg, but they have done what they needed to do to get to 9-0 again.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote:
wobycat wrote:
I know we disagree on this but I'm not sure what your seeing that I'm not or vice versa
there is know one I've talked to including coaches that have played the burg for the last few years that think the lines on both sides of the ball are anywhere close to the lines of previous teams. the previous lines just mauled people, this years dline is ok, not real physical but ok. this years oline is just not very good
The offensive line is fine. The d line is fantastic and deep. I just don't understand the criticism.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

4thgoal wrote:I somewhat see why people don't think the Burg lines are that good, but look at the results. Burg averages 40 ppg while allowing 8 ppg and they are 9-0 and looking to finish 10-0 for the 2nd straight year. They may not be the biggest lines or strongest, but the results speak for themselves. The expectations are always high at Wheelersburg, but they have done what they needed to do to get to 9-0 again.
see I would argue there 9-0 with a chance to go 10-0 in spite of the oline play. I can live with the dline play.

Return to “Football”