Teams with the highest lineman percentage

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Re: Teams with the highest lineman percentage

Post by fbfever9 »

SEOP12 wrote:South Gallia gets a higher score because almost 75% of the team can be classified as a lineman under the official guidelines, while Waterford only has about 50-60% linemen
So, say SG has 40 players on their team. 75% is 30...... so only 10 players are NOT linemen? That's STOOPID (<-- intentional) and makes ZERO sense. 22 players (11 offense, 11 D) - That would be SIXTEEN. Still doesn't make sense.....

Regardless of what 'formations' a team lines up in, there are still only 5 offensive linemen (7 if you want to count TE) and 3-5 D-linemen. That means at MOST a team has 54.5454% "linemen" (7 Off +5Def = 12 / 22). The FEWEST would be 36.3636% (5 Off + 3Def = 8/22).

I am a fairly intelligent person, but cannot for the life of me figure out what you are trying to do here....

SEOP12
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP12 »

fbfever9 wrote:
SEOP12 wrote:South Gallia gets a higher score because almost 75% of the team can be classified as a lineman under the official guidelines, while Waterford only has about 50-60% linemen
So, say SG has 40 players on their team. 75% is 30...... so only 10 players are NOT linemen? That's STOOPID (<-- intentional) and makes ZERO sense. 22 players (11 offense, 11 D) - That would be SIXTEEN. Still doesn't make sense.....

Regardless of what 'formations' a team lines up in, there are still only 5 offensive linemen (7 if you want to count TE) and 3-5 D-linemen. That means at MOST a team has 54.5454% "linemen" (7 Off +5Def = 12 / 22). The FEWEST would be 36.3636% (5 Off + 3Def = 8/22).

I am a fairly intelligent person, but cannot for the life of me figure out what you are trying to do here....
I count linemen on the sideline who aren't playing as well. Fullbacks get added in as well if they throw enough blocks to qualify

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Is this some sort of fantasy world where you decided to make up your own game?? Why on earth would you be assigning numbers to players who aren't even playing?? Sounds like playing games with my kids the rules are made up and tweak to their advantage and there is literally no season for said rules, other then them saying because I said. LOL. Then again if you're trying to develop something yourself that's what the case is. Coaches grade out lineman on a number of things, drive block, sustainability blocking, pancakes, getting beat, penalties, yards gained running behind them, QB pocket. Whatever they want to use. Your numbers are simply inaccurate and fabricated, if I'm looking at this right. A team could have 15 lineman on it and you assign them a % based on all of them not just the ones playing. Then a team could have but 9-10 lineman on it and you assign a number based yet again on the guys who play, but having a lower number of kids not playing it doesn't water down their numbers near as much as the team with the greater amount of lineman. If I'm looking at this correctly and understanding it think you need to go back to the drawing board and unless you have watched every single game of every single team you are grading out then once again I would find your information inconclusive.

Return to “Football”