Waterford 37 Southern 7

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: WK8 Southern (6-1) @ Waterford (6-1)

Post by rickoshay »

Will look for your thoughts as the game goes along, and watch for the deer along the road on your way back up 60.

If you have your radio, 100.9 FM has game of week at Waterford.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

rickoshay wrote:Will look for your thoughts as the game goes along, and watch for the deer along the road on your way back up 60.

If you have your radio, 100.9 FM has game of week at Waterford.
Thanks.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

That first quarter was painful to watch.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2nd quarter much like the first penalties out the ying yang. Both teams playing hard and giving their all but not much happening. Defense ruling the offense. After one have to me these team looked evenly matched.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Waterford showed why they are 6-1, with a huge 3rd quarter.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

Waterford loves their sports and support those kids

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Sounded like it went from 15-7 to 37-7 in no time... Waterford must have turned on the jets in the 2nd half!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:2nd quarter much like the first penalties out the ying yang. Both teams playing hard and giving their all but not much happening. Defense ruling the offense. After one have to me these team looked evenly matched.
Yea it was no shock that Southern faced numerous drive killing penalties. Seems to be the norm at Waterford in big games. Might have something to do with why they vote a resounding NO! for a league assigner every time it comes up.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jim Ryan wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:2nd quarter much like the first penalties out the ying yang. Both teams playing hard and giving their all but not much happening. Defense ruling the offense. After one have to me these team looked evenly matched.
Yea it was no shock that Southern faced numerous drive killing penalties. Seems to be the norm at Waterford in big games. Might have something to do with why they vote a resounding NO! for a league assigner every time it comes up.
You are one of those fans that just can't accept that another team is better than yours.
You got beat, quit blaming it on the refs :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Jim Ryan wrote:
You are one of those fans that just can't accept that another team is better than yours.
You got beat, quit blaming it on the refs :lol:
They may have been better on that night, but not 30 points better. I didn't see anyone on the field that I would call a "ref." It would be insulting to the people who are refs to include them with that bunch. Hopefully we'll see in the playoffs when Southern is close to full strength and have neutral officials.

enigmaax
All State

Re: Waterford 37 Southern 7

Post by enigmaax »

Both teams had 9 penalties - Waterford's total penalty yardage was 100, which included two 15-yard erst for sideline infractions (one that brought back a long run).

Waterford controlled the line and probably wore Southern out. The last two TDs were 53 and 86 yards on back-to-back offensive plays where I don't even know if the runner was touched. Before that, Waterford had three pretty lengthy drives that proceeded those (had a 61 yard run but ended up failing to score on that possession). Southern really went nowhere on the ground all evening.

Also, Waterford had a big 4th down stop late in the game to end a nice Southern drive. Southern also blew a chance at gaining major momentum right before the half. They got in the red zone and with a little over 20 seconds left (give or take), they faked a spike, stood around for a few seconds and then it went nowhere, and they didn't get another play off. Had the defense on their heels and got too cute; I think that was a killer.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I didn't watch this game but I have seen both teams live and Waterford is the better team, they have a much better line and the skilled positions are very close with Waterford having a small advantage (without Blanks and Greene/ Roush and Akers battling lingering injuries). Having said that, I don't think they are 30 points better. I think the half time score x 2 is more of a better indicator. The stats would prove Southern should have scored more than 7 but turnovers and penalties are a part of the game and doesn't happen to a well disciplined team so you can't use that as an excuse. I think if they play 10 times the average would be about 28-14ish.

http://www.mariettatimes.com/sports/loc ... -showdown/

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

enigmaax wrote:Both teams had 9 penalties - Waterford's total penalty yardage was 100, which included two 15-yard erst for sideline infractions (one that brought back a long run).

Waterford controlled the line and probably wore Southern out. The last two TDs were 53 and 86 yards on back-to-back offensive plays where I don't even know if the runner was touched. Before that, Waterford had three pretty lengthy drives that proceeded those (had a 61 yard run but ended up failing to score on that possession). Southern really went nowhere on the ground all evening.

Also, Waterford had a big 4th down stop late in the game to end a nice Southern drive. Southern also blew a chance at gaining major momentum right before the half. They got in the red zone and with a little over 20 seconds left (give or take), they faked a spike, stood around for a few seconds and then it went nowhere, and they didn't get another play off. Had the defense on their heels and got too cute; I think that was a killer.
This is coming from a Southern Jr High Coach. Very confusing. It wasn't a faked spike. Southern was trying to spike the ball to stop the clock and snapped it too soon and the official blew the whistle for play after the snap and the QB thought he was blowing it dead (I guess the official and QB were confused, as was everyone else). The official should have blown the ball dead at that point and Southern should have been penalized for false start but the officials allowed the play to run out (along with the clock) and when the QB realized the ball wasn't dead he tried to run and was tackled (all 22 players were standing around stunned for a few seconds as Sothern's QB was walking towards the sidelines). It was a very strange way to end the half!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

MeyerSpread wrote:
enigmaax wrote:Both teams had 9 penalties - Waterford's total penalty yardage was 100, which included two 15-yard erst for sideline infractions (one that brought back a long run).

This is coming from a Southern Jr High Coach. Very confusing. It wasn't a faked spike. Southern was trying to spike the ball to stop the clock and snapped it too soon and the official blew the whistle for play after the snap and the QB thought he was blowing it dead (I guess the official and QB were confused, as was everyone else). The official should have blown the ball dead at that point and Southern should have been penalized for false start but the officials allowed the play to run out (along with the clock) and when the QB realized the ball wasn't dead he tried to run and was tackled (all 22 players were standing around stunned for a few seconds as Sothern's QB was walking towards the sidelines). It was a very strange way to end the half!
And I'm sure it was not confusing to the official that just happened to "let the clock run out."

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

MeyerSpread wrote:

Interesting. I did not catch an inadvertent whistle, but I was looking right down the line at the play and that explanation seems plausible. It looked like a trick play as the QB went thru the motion of the spike (but of course kept the ball) and then seemed to kind of sneak off the other direction. I can't remember if Southern had any timeouts and the coach didn't seem to be upset (like the officials had made a mistake) so it just looked like kind of a bone head call at the time. I've seen the fake spike run at higher levels a few times, so that's what I gathered from seeing it. Thanks for the explanation.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

And I'm sure it was not confusing to the official that just happened to "let the clock run out."
Right, because the fix was in. Because Waterford with all that money to throw around and all that tradition on their side, officials just can't wait to ensure they win.

It is one thing to take issue with a performance, but using the term "cheaters" when you don't agree with a few calls in a game makes you a complete idiot.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

This makes the win even better! Somebody get this guy a tissue.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

enigmaax wrote:

Right, because the fix was in. Because Waterford with all that money to throw around and all that tradition on their side, officials just can't wait to ensure they win.

It is one thing to take issue with a performance, but using the term "cheaters" when you don't agree with a few calls in a game makes you a complete idiot.
Not just a few calls. It has been going on since Waterford entered the TVC. That's why they vote no on the league assigner issue.

The Butcher
Waterboy

Post by The Butcher »

Everybody down at the butcher shop knows you gonna get cheated when you play at waterford. Nothing has changed. They have some old farmer that calls the games and he cheats his arse off. Drive killing penatlies are the norm for the opposition. You would think the league would use this as fodder to get a league assigner but then Trimble couldnt cheat us anymore either.

If we haven't heard a rumor by noon, we start one!
rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Full moon last couple days......Trolls are out :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”