Site Admin

Zane Trace 21 Piketon 20

Post by mattash »

SVC Championship, thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WK8 Piketon (6-1) @ Zane Trace (5-2)

Post by smurray »

SVC Champinship?
If Piketon beats ZT and then Unioto beats Piketon and they each win the rest of their games won't the 3 of them be tied with one loss each?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Could be SVC Championship if Zane Trace wins, Right?

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah Trace has already beaten Unioto. I think they take down Piketon this week and on their way to another SVC championship

doze
Waterboy

Post by doze »

This game will decide the league champs this year. Also, the winner will get enough points to make the playoffs. A lot on the line. Other than the Waverly game, the Pioneer defense hasn't given up very many points per game. Piketon has the big play offense, but their defense is average at best. Look for Zane Trace to mix things up quite a bit. Will Palmer can get behind his line and and pick up 5-6 yds a carry, and he's able to break out when he sees a hole and break it at any time. And Gaines has the speed to break out, if he sees the the hole. And if Piketon can slow down the running game between the tackles, Austin Harris can break one from anywhere, or see the open receiver, and go for the score thru the air. I think the Redstreak offense is too one dimensional, so look for the Pioneers to pick up another win to keep their SVC win streak, and their SVC champion streak alive. Pioneers 38 Piketon 19.
Last edited by doze on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

doze wrote:This game will decide the league champs this year. Also, the winner will get enough points to make the playoffs. A lot on the line. Other than the Waverly game, the Pioneer defense hasn't given up very many points per game. Piketon has the big play offense, but their defense is average at best. Look for Zane Trace to mix things up quite a bit. Will Palmer can get behind his line and and pick up 5-6 yds a carry, and he's able to break out when he sees a hole and break it at any time. And Gaines has the speed to break out, if he sees the the hole. And if Piketon can slow down the running game between the tackles, Austin Harris can break one from anywhere, or see the open receiver, and go for the score thru the air. I think the Redstreak offense is too one dimensional, so look for the Pioneers to pick up another win to keep their SVC win streak, and their SVC champion streak alive. Pioneers 38 Piketon 19.
With Ridgewood right behind both of these schools I wouldn't go saying winner makes the playoffs. Piketon takes on Unioto next week and Paint Valley in week 10, couple tough games and they can't afford a loss. Zane Trace has an easier road with Huntington and Westfall to make it, but both schools will need to win out to make it with Piketon having the tougher opponents last 2 weeks of the year. Ridgewood right behind both of these teams with a big game against Tuscarawas Central Catholic this week.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Zt wins this game big 3 or more scores

toast
All State

Post by toast »

The team in 7th appears to be in trouble when it comes to making the playoffs. Cadiz last three opponents have a combined record of 1-20. No where near enough points to get them into the playoffs I would suspect. That opens the door for Piketon if they can win.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

doze wrote:I think the Redstreak offense is too one dimensional.
Dont let facts get in your way, I am in no way a huge Piketon fan, but the stats on svcsportszone says otherwise about the 3 top teams in the league right now.

Quarterbacks
1. Birkhimer PK, 2nd in completion %, 1st in yards throwing, 2nd in rushing, and 3rd in yards per carry.
2. Harris ZT, 3rd in %, 7th in yards throwing, 3rd in rushing, and 9th in yards per carry.
3. Edler Un, 6th in %, 3rd in yards throwing, 1st in rushing, and 7th in yards per carry.

No one other back from either of these three are in the top 10 in rushing besides their QB's.

Receiving
Piketon has the #1 Veach and #5 in receiving yards, and #1 and #4 in yards per catch.
Unioto has the #6 and #10 in receiving yards, and the #2 and #5 in yards per catch.
ZT has the #9 in receiving yards, and #8 and #9 in yards per catch.

If anything, all 3 of these schools are 1 dimensional, or they live by their QB's, who are all very good.

I see a close game, but ZT's D will step up the most in this game and they win by 1 score.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Zane Trace 21 Piketon 20

Post by mattash »

Tough loss for Piketon

Michael Scott
king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

That was a wild game to listen to and I bet even better live! Was he in, that will be the question being discussed for a while.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

On the two point conversion, Piketon blocked it fairly well except for their lead back did not put a body on a ZT defensive back who went low to make the play. The replay is on MaxPreps and he looks like he was just short.
Zane Trace shot themselves in the foot the whole game. It should have never came down to that play. A win is a win though for them.

Return to “Football”