Riding the Bench

Re: WK8 Warren (2-5) @ Weir WV (5-2)

Post by Sports fan »

Weir -44

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Weir is much like Oak Hill, with a better running back. They come straight at you. Blitz a lot on defense, which will be a problem as Warren has no passing attack to speak of. They will key on Riffle, Fish and Wristen at FB should be used to keep them off Riffle and give him some room to run. If short quick passing game can get un-tracked that would be great. Weir also plays like Oak Glen, very physical and sometimes questionable.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Lookin' for Weir High to give Warrren the beatdown the Warriors put on poor undermanned Beallsville a few weeks ago.
The Red Riders can't beat Warren bad enough to satisfy me, but i hope it's at least by 60.
Warren won't see a backfield like Weir has, especially a fullback like Enrietti. Kid's a beast.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Any truth to the word out there that WVU is seriously looking at Enrietti? I think he's as good a defensive player as he is offensive. Carbon dated- I agree on the lack of class shown vs Beallsville. NOT COOL!

TOESTUBBER01
Riding the Bench

Post by TOESTUBBER01 »

I don't know how many of you were at the Beallsville game but there wasn't any lack of class. Warren pulled their starters after the first quarter for the most part. They only have about 30 kids and they play a jv schedule. So the jv can't play the whole varsity game and their jv game too many quarters per ohssa.there is no freshman team. So what do you expect them to do? They have 3 wins in 3 years they aren't intentionally trying to run up a score but they do need to get experience so they can be competitive. There was nothing those players from Warren did that was classless.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

If you folks are basing your "lack of class" comments on the score of the Beallsville v. Warren game you might want to look at the rest of the games Beallsville has played. The scores are all pretty similar.

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

rockcoach wrote: I agree on the lack of class shown vs Beallsville. NOT COOL!
A teacher and coach in the Warren system continuously bashing them is pretty classy too!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Beallsville hasn't played a game yet where there wasn't a running clock. Think the Blue Devils are down to 11 players.
Didn't 2 schools in Ohio agree to play 8-on-8 last weekend due to lack of players? I think it was Fostoria St. Wendelin.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

90goldeneagle- opinions are just that opinions. Doesn't matter where you are from. Why these forums exist. And by the way, wherever you got your info from as to who I am and where from, it is not accurate! Sorry.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

I believe anyone who appeared to have been kept in the loop, and was providing constant updates on this site during the head coach hiring process would show more class and be supportive of Warren football. NEGATIVE................NOT COOL

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

In all seriousness. Information came to me from a person on the committee. Don't have to be in a school nowadays to find out things. Lots of people like to share that info with anyone! People were asking, just SHARED what I was told. And again, opinions on here are just that.Opinions! There was no judgement or lack of support in anything. I currently have no feelings one way or another about the Warren program. Just sharing info I have. :o :shock: :? :|

Return to “Football”