Region 27

Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Re: Region 27

Post by Irish Dawg »

Harvest Prep wins this region. Toughest schedule, and speed will blow by all teams in this region.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

1. waterford 16.43
2. sciotoville 15.01( if they lose 12.03)
3.shadyside 14.51
4. trimble 13.25
5. southern 12.95
6.danville 12.70
7. notre dame 10.83 ( if they win 14.71)
8. harvet prep 10.73 (if they lose 8.86)
9. bishop rosecrans 9.78
fairfield christian (10.07) if they win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Irish Dawg wrote:Harvest Prep wins this region. Toughest schedule, and speed will blow by all teams in this region.

Didn't they get beat by Rosecrans?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

They lost by a TD at home.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Their other 2 losses came to D3 and 9-0 Bexley and D2 and 8-1 Franklin Heights.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Irish Dawg wrote:Harvest Prep wins this region. Toughest schedule, and speed will blow by all teams in this region.
Rosecrans is in this region and beat them on their field. They'll have the best athletes but I'd not pick them to win the region.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Harvest Prep had four turnovers in their loss to Rosecrans and several injuries for that game. Factor in coaching adjustments and the addition of a couple transfers and they're not the same team they were in that crapshow vs Rosecrans.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I can't imagine Harvest Prep getting transfers in hahaha. I've watched them in the playoffs the past two years, great athletes but sub par coaching. If they're going to win it this could be the year but my $ is on Shadyside

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Prep sets tenth right now.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

"Addition of a couple of transfers" during the season----there is the heart of the matter where private and parochial schools have huge advantages over public schools.
Unless---there are any of public schools in the hunt for a spot that had a couple of transfers move in after game one.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

fortdawg wrote:"Addition of a couple of transfers" during the season----there is the heart of the matter where private and parochial schools have huge advantages over public schools.
Unless---there are any of public schools in the hunt for a spot that had a couple of transfers move in after game one.
Just wanted to clarify that they didn't move in after game one. They enrolled in before school started and had to sit the first five games.

Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Post by Irish Dawg »

Kids HP gains were sitting out 50% of year because of transfer rules. That is the same as anyone else. This will be a dogfight to see who comes out on top, but I would put my money on Harvest Prep because of their speed and schedule. Shadyside would be a second choice, also because of schedule.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford has crushed everyone that schedule except Fort Frye and a 14 win over Trimble. Give credit where it's due they played 3 playoff teams and Shadyside played 2.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Irish Dawg wrote:Kids HP gains were sitting out 50% of year because of transfer rules. That is the same as anyone else. This will be a dogfight to see who comes out on top, but I would put my money on Harvest Prep because of their speed and schedule. Shadyside would be a second choice, also because of schedule.
It's known that HP recruits, don't tell me they do not.

I'll give Waterford all the credit, they will be a tough team to beat. It may come down to them at the end, this region will def see some great matchups. Don't count Trimble out yet either, HP may have speed but that speed won't be that big of a factor when they get worn down in the trenches.

The game of football is all about matchups and strategy. You force a team to do something they don't want to do and they will break.

Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Post by Irish Dawg »

Never said anything about how they get their boys in. They have had kids come and go the past few years. Good luck to everyone in the region, but they will be faster than anyone has seen in this region all year.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Are you guys talking about the Harvest Prep that is sitting just outside the last playoff spot? Arguing they are the best team in the region and they may not even make the playoffs.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Yes, they are a lock if they beat Fairfield Christian and they are big favorites.

calpreps projection: Harvest Prep 41- Fairfield Christian 24

According to Drew Pasteur's Fantastic 50- http://www.fantastic50.net/r27pct.html

Clinched a playoff berth
1. Waterford (8-1) (seed range #1-#3)
2. Portsmouth Sciotoville (9-0) (seed range #1-#7)
3. Shadyside (7-2) (seed range #1-#7)
4. Glouster Trimble (7-2) (seed range #2-#6)
5. Racine Southern (7-2) (seed range #3-#8)
6. Danville (6-3) (seed range #2-#8)

Likely playoff teams
7. Portsmouth Notre Dame (7-2) 88% (need 7-3)
8. Harvest Prep (6-3) 83% (need 7-3)
(Top 8 earn a playoff berth)

Longshots
9. Fairfield Christian (7-2) 16% (need 8-2)
10. Zanesville Rosecrans (6-3) 13%

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Mailman wrote:Are you guys talking about the Harvest Prep that is sitting just outside the last playoff spot? Arguing they are the best team in the region and they may not even make the playoffs.
No one else in Region 27 plays Bexley and Franklin Heights without having the 30 point rule invoked. They had a few screwups vs Rosecrans which resulted in their demise but they made some corrections on D and have been on fire ever since.

Assuming they make it in, which they will when they beat FCA, they'll have played the toughest non-league schedule with by far the most competitive performance anyone in this region could've thrown against Bexley and FH.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

To be the best you have to beat the best....and that is why you play the game, period. No mater who you're for or against, the team that wins will advance. May the best team win!

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

formerfcfan wrote:
Mailman wrote:Are you guys talking about the Harvest Prep that is sitting just outside the last playoff spot? Arguing they are the best team in the region and they may not even make the playoffs.
No one else in Region 27 plays Bexley and Franklin Heights without having the 30 point rule invoked. They had a few screwups vs Rosecrans which resulted in their demise but they made some corrections on D and have been on fire ever since.

Assuming they make it in, which they will when they beat FCA, they'll have played the toughest non-league schedule with by far the most competitive performance anyone in this region could've thrown against Bexley and FH.
I'm sorry but they have only beaten 1 team with a winning record currently, and their last two games featured teams that are each 1-8. Grove City Christian is border line a joke, and Fisher Catholic is as well. Beating a Millersport team 84-0 is just sad in my eyes. What did they learn from that? Not much in my opinion. Their only win over Worthington Christian (currently only team they have won against with a winning record) is laughable too. Worthington has wins over 0-9, 1-8, 1-8, 0-9, and 7-2 Fairfield Christian. Please don't tell me Berne Union is a quality win either, Berne has wins over 4 losing record (2-6, 1-8, 1-8, 0-9) teams.

Fairfield Christian is over ranked in my opinion, so they shouldn't have much trouble with them if they (HP) are any good. Fairfield hasn't beaten a team with a winning record yet.

The rankings are rewarding teams who actually play someone, and losing to three winning record teams, and beating up on losing record teams is far from worthy in my opinion. We'll see just how good they truly are if they make it into the playoffs and play someone worth talking about.

Return to “Football”