42 Aiken 34 Gamble Montessori(Link to pics) Article working)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 42 Aiken 34 Gamble Montessori(Link to pics) Article working)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

After catching a game at Cincinnati McNicholas high school yesterday afternoon, I headed to Taft high school to watch another game. This one featured two Cincinnati
high schools I had never watched play before. Aiken and Gamble Montessori, at a stadium I had never been to. When all was said and done the game ended up being hard fought and very competitive and I got to see a player, who was as good as any I have watched this season.

(NOTE-I AM USING ROSTER FROM HUDL.COM AND MAXPREPS.COM) ANY MISTAKES WITH PLAYERS AND NUMBERS COME FROM THERE

With 7:49 left in the fast moving opening quarter, #25 Kenneth Jones II, from Gamble picked up 11-yards as he sprinted to his right and then moved up the field like a gazelle.
The 9-play 51-yard drive ended with Jones sprinting in from 20-yards out, This time he went left, then outran the Falcons defense for the score. A two point try failed leaving the score,6-0, with 6:45 left.

At the 5:35 mark the Falcons looked to have a nice gain on a completion but the balll came loose and the Gators #10 Gilbert Mallory pounced on it.
Jones would waste no time in making this a,12-0 game as he scored from 40-yards out. He broke a couple of tackles and then used his God given speed to out run the defense again.

Aiken has a young in experience player at quarterback, #10 Tim Williams 6-1, he would connect with #3 Dequan Freeman 5-8 / 150, for a 17-yard gain on a 3rd and 8 call.
Williams would put the ball on the ground at the 3:05 mark and pouncing on it one of the defensive players for the Gators. The Gators would return the favor as they put the ball on the ground just one play later. It looked like Jones had a nice gain, but the ball hit the turf and a Falcons player came away with it. The play occurred on the far side of the field, so I could not see who made the recovery and with the P.A. system having speakers on that side of the field, I did not hear who recovered it either.

Williams would redeem himself with a nice 47-yard hook up with Freeman, who continued to show he had some nice skills on the field, at the 2:10 mark of the quarter. The drive ended on the third play, when #5 Kievaughn Sanks 5-6 / 150. a very talented all around player scored from 7-yards out, on a nice little run. The score stayed,12-6 after a two point conversion failed, with 2:03 remaining in the quarter.

The quarter ended, but not before Jones picked up 43-yards on a 3rd and 18 call. When a team has a player with the talent Jones has, they can pick up big yards at any time, even if the opposing teams know he is getting the ball and knows which direction he is heading.

With 10:25 left in the half Jones picked up eight more yards, giving his team a first and goal at the Falcons one-yard-line. From there he busted in to give his team a 18-6 lead. A two-pint conversion try was stuffed by the Falcons once again, with 10:10 left.

The ensuing kickoff was fumbled out of bounds by #4 Antwan Yett. Bad luck continued to plaque the Falcons, when a 25-yard touchdown run by Sanks was called back because of a holding pently, at the 8:03 mark.

The Falcons later shook off the bad luck, with a 15-yard touchdown run by Sanks and a two-point conversion run by, the very talented #6 De'monte Reese 6-0 / 215 made this a,18-14 game,with 3:35 left in the half.

Just 15 seconds later a bad snap forced the Gators quarterback, #1 Antonio Wilcox Jr. to chase the ball and just as he tried to pick it up, he was hit by #11 Terrell Harris 6-2 / 215 causing the bal to again hit the turf, picking it up and taking it to the house was #33 Keoni Jones 5-9 / 170. The two-point conversion was successful on another run by Reese. The score all of a sudden was 22-18, with the Falcons leading.

Jones was at it again with 3:09 left, when he went to the wide side of the field and picked up 12 more yards.
Another bad snap caused Jones to take a 15-yard loss, after he was tackled by Terrell Harris . Harris used speed and hustle to again make a big play for the Falcons.

#6 De'monte Reese would have two nice runs to close out the half The first was 6-yard run to move the chains, on a third and four call. The other was a 13-yard gain, where he ran hard showing more of his willingness to use grit to make a play.

With 7:59 left in the third quarter, Willams hooked up with, Freeman for a 9-yard gain.
The ball finally bounced the right way for the Falcons a little over six minutes left in the quarter. Reese made a nice little run, but coughed the ball up,only to have Willams recover it, with the play netting 13-yards. The eight-play,53-yard drive closed on a 2-yard run by Reese to make this a,28-18 game, with a little over five minutes left in the quarter.

After another onside type kick, the Gators only needed to go 39-yards to score and that they did. Using only four plays to hit pay dirt. The score came on a 14-yard spring by, you guessed it by Jones. Antonio Wilcox Jr. rolled to his right and then up field to complete a two-point conversion run, making this a 28-26 game,with 5:13 left in the exciting third quarter.

The Falcons responded with a 6-play.51 yard drive to make this a 36-26 game. One of the bigger plays on the drive was a Williams to #2 Eriquan Price 6-3 / 210,pass good for 11-yards and a first down at the Falcons 33. The score came on a short touchdown run by one of the running backs. I missed who, scored because I did not see, which back had the ball as he headed into the pile, with it. Williams completed a two-point conversion pass to Dequan Freeman to make this a,36-26 contest, with 3:10 showing on the clock.

The long quarter came to a close with Jones picking up 22-yards. The kid looked gassed at times, but when his number was called, he just got the job done.

The scoop and score play by the Falcons defense took lace again with 10:59 left in the game when, #16(NOT ON THE ROSTER) went over 70-yards for the score. The two-point conversion pass failed and the score stayed,42-24 Falcons, who were flying high at this point of the game.

At the 8:04 mark of the quarter #16 for Aiken put the ball on the ground and making the recovery for the Gators was JAMES CROWDER.
The turnover parade continued when Wilcox was picked by #4 Antwan Yett, giving the ball back to Aiken, with 7:55 left to play. The Gators staff seemed to panic a tad at this point of the game as they seem to go away from Jones and tried to complete a pass, something they did not do the entire game.

The Gators defense stood tall and got the ball back and then with 4:59 left in the game Jones hustled his way to a 56-ayrd gain all the way to the Falcons 3-yardline.
The two-play drive ended on a 3-yard run by Wilcox, at the 4:54 mark. Wilcox then ended the scoring with a two-point conversion run, making the final score,42-34 Aikman.

The victory was secured on a Sanks interception on a pass thrown by Wilcox, with :43 left on the clock.

UNOFFICIAL STATS
AIKEN
64 PLAYS
427 YARDS
PASSING 9-20

GAMBLE MONTESSORI
54 PLAYS
29 YARDS
PASSING 0-5 2 INT'S

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 42 Aiken 34 Gamble Montessori(Link to pics) Article working)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

184 LOOKS.

Not bad.
I know one of the coaches from Aiken re posted this on his Facebook page and a lot of the fans from the games and players followed the link.

Makes me glad I covered this game.

Return to “Football”