Clinton-Massie 14 Chillicothe 13

cavsbkb
Riding the Bench

Re: WK8 Clinton-Massie (6-1) @ Chillicothe (6-1)

Post by cavsbkb »

Ohio1234 wrote:As a Chillicothe Alum and past football player I can say that coach Hinton has had his learning bumps with Chillicothe's football program over the last five years but I think the Chillicothe kids are finally starting to buy in to his style and system. The problem that Hinton had in his early years is that he tried to bring Amanda clear creeks style to Chillicothe rather than making adjustments based on the type of atheletes we have in Chillicothe. This year he has changed things up from a two back power football system to a spread option style which is perfect for the team he has. Hinton has also seemed to have a disconnect relating to the Black Atheletes in Chillicothe in previous years as well but from what I hear the players seem to really like him and have rallied around him with the passing of his wife this offseason. I say all this to say Chillicothe is rolling and clicking on all cylinders and Friday night the fruition off all of that will be on display and they finally get that big time win that will catapult the program in a big way. Hope the stadium is packed and ready for a big time showdown ! Go cavs
as with any new coach there is always a "learning curve" for both the coach and his players. Coach Hinton and Coach Ardnt are great football coaches and even better people, "Rome" was not built overnight". Yes Chillicothe is way different than Amanda Clearcreek and that is why it took some time for coach to learn what was best for his kids. Just ask Coach Kellough, how many years did it take him to adapt to his players? and we all know what happened from there. Multiple District and Regional Championships and a State Title! The key to the game tonight will be our linebackers and our defensive ends-stay disciplined and execute your assignments! And yes, this is the year that Chilly knocks off the mighty falcons and makes some noise in the post-season

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Coach K, Im sure was a great coach. but ask yourself, what does talent like humpty, chambers, knight and dawes do for how good a coach can be? What did humpty, knight and dawes have in common? A structured home life! That structure isnt necessarily the norm in chilli.
A clown would have won a lot of games with those guys. Hinton isnt in the occ with chilli like coaches in the past were. Chillicothe is what they should be. A top tier team in a league that is substandard to the talent they have. Its good for chilli that since they have a coach like hinton there, they havent slipped below the local svc teams.

cavsbkb
Riding the Bench

Post by cavsbkb »

wrestlefan- no disrespect to past Chillicothe football coaches intended, you are right he doesn't have to coach in the OCC. But the point I was trying to make is that it is a process! You are prolly right that a clown could have coached that group of kids and won a lot of ball games but do you think if Coach Kellough had not adapted and stop running the "shuffle" (that he ran for years at ZT) they would have been that successful ? My point is that every coach has to learn their players strengths and weaknesses and it takes time.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

cavsbkb wrote:
Ohio1234 wrote:As a Chillicothe Alum and past football player I can say that coach Hinton has had his learning bumps with Chillicothe's football program over the last five years but I think the Chillicothe kids are finally starting to buy in to his style and system. The problem that Hinton had in his early years is that he tried to bring Amanda clear creeks style to Chillicothe rather than making adjustments based on the type of atheletes we have in Chillicothe. This year he has changed things up from a two back power football system to a spread option style which is perfect for the team he has. Hinton has also seemed to have a disconnect relating to the Black Atheletes in Chillicothe in previous years as well but from what I hear the players seem to really like him and have rallied around him with the passing of his wife this offseason. I say all this to say Chillicothe is rolling and clicking on all cylinders and Friday night the fruition off all of that will be on display and they finally get that big time win that will catapult the program in a big way. Hope the stadium is packed and ready for a big time showdown ! Go cavs
as with any new coach there is always a "learning curve" for both the coach and his players. Coach Hinton and Coach Ardnt are great football coaches and even better people, "Rome" was not built overnight". Yes Chillicothe is way different than Amanda Clearcreek and that is why it took some time for coach to learn what was best for his kids. Just ask Coach Kellough, how many years did it take him to adapt to his players? and we all know what happened from there. Multiple District and Regional Championships and a State Title! The key to the game tonight will be our linebackers and our defensive ends-stay disciplined and execute your assignments! And yes, this is the year that Chilly knocks off the mighty falcons and makes some noise in the post-season
1 year... it took coach Kellough 1 year. we made it to the Regional Semis in his second year at CHS.
Kellough knew what he had at CHS which is why he came. Influx of talent and he ran with them, literally, we ran people out of the gym with our speed and athleticism. Unlike Henton, as i mentioned earlier. He tried to play smash mouth football with finesse like speed athletes, it just doesn't work.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Re: Chillicothe (6-1) vs. Clinton Massie (6-1)

Post by 85yards »

Rolltanks wrote:Massie big. Best team in southern Ohio. The close games last few years mean little to me. Chilly was way better those years
I have a feeling the Wheelersburg/ Minford game is gonna be boring, so I'm not wasting my money there. I'm gonna make the trip up US 23 to catch the "Best team in Southern Ohio" small school football besides the Wheelersburg Pirates.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

This game on radio or streaming live

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Should be on 1490 out of Chillicothe

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Cavs should be down 7-0. That last score was a total joke. Cavs runner was stopped at the 12 yd line and driven back into the end one where they stripped the ball. There is no excuse for not stopping the play. And this crew has no clue where to spot the ball for either team. Cavs keep driving but costly turnovers have killed the. Cavs

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Great game

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe was the better team by far 4 tournovers in worst times smh seems

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Bronc21 wrote:Cavs should be down 7-0. That last score was a total joke. Cavs runner was stopped at the 12 yd line and driven back into the end one where they stripped the ball. There is no excuse for not stopping the play. And this crew has no clue where to spot the ball for either team. Cavs keep driving but costly turnovers have killed the. Cavs

I have no dog in this fight. I'm a Wheelersburg fan and thought this would be the game of the week for area. I wasn't disappointed. However, I agree with the above posters comments. On the Kickoff, the Chilli's kick returner forward progress was stopped at the 20. Massie basically pushed and carried him back to his endzone. He had the ball stripped after he crossed the goal line and then they call it a TD.?!!??!?? That may be legal in a Rugby scrum but not in American HS Football.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I stopped watching the play mentioned above because the returner had been stopped and then I see Massie celebrating the touchdown. Definitely appeared that the play should've been called dead before the fumble.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

The final score should have been 13-7 in favor of the cavs. That 2nd td by massie was not. Td. How can you stop a guy and drive him back into the end one 20 yds and the play not stopped? The last 5 yds they had picked him up and cArried him. . This crew had no clue. On the 2 pt conversion the ref 10 ft away wouldn't make the call but the ref on the opposite side of the field said no good. I couldn't see it from where I was at. Either way, the best team didn't win it. Cavs outgained massie 268 yds to 221

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Did Chilli go for two and the win?

Hate to hear that a controversial call may have cost the Cavs. Sounds like they played a great game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ironman02 wrote:Did Chilli go for two and the win?

Hate to hear that a controversial call may have cost the Cavs. Sounds like they played a great game.
Cost Piketon the SVC Championship last night. Went for two to win with no time on the clock, radio announcers
said he was in by at least 1/2 yard but was ruled down 1/2 yard short.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Glad Massie found a way to post another win. This time they were able to beat a very solid team.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Game at Chilly.

Momentum to Chilly in the last quarter from all accounts, especially with a no time on the clock TD.

Armchair QB's agree with the decision? Or do you kick the extra point, tie it up and try to win at home in OT?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Dandy Don wrote:Game at Chilly.

Momentum to Chilly in the last quarter from all accounts, especially with a no time on the clock TD.

Armchair QB's agree with the decision? Or do you kick the extra point, tie it up and try to win at home in OT?
Personally, I love the call to go for 2...but it has not worked at all in our area this year from what I can tell. I think I can recall 5 games where a team has gone for 2 late and not gotten it and lost the game by a point, every one of those games that team would have had the momentum.

Last night, Chillicothe would have had all the momentum going into OT. Massie couldn't pass and was able to move it on the ground, but the Cavs had been able to stop them multiple times and I think would have had a chance to at least hold them to a FG. Chillicothe was having an incredibly hard time getting into the end zone, but was able to move the ball. I think the best call for last night, would have been to kick it and go to overtime, however, I still love the call.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

No part of the piketon player crossed the goal line. It was very obvious on film. He was hir at the line of scrimmage and fell forward. His head was short of the goal line and rhe ball was a yard short

king kong
Freshman Team

Re: Clinton-Massie 14 Chillicothe 13

Post by king kong »

So you saw the film of the Piketon play?

Return to “Football”