Jackson 63 Meigs 7

Fonzie
S

Re: WK8 Meigs (3-4) @ Jackson (5-2)

Post by Fonzie »

I will admit it is odd not to have Mattox or Meyer on here posting all their wise information.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Jackson will take this one. But I feel it will be closer than some might think

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Re: Meigs @ Jackson

Post by Ironman99 »

tvc_fan wrote:
Ironman99 wrote:Where is all the meigs peeps haven't heard from them let what do you think.
I think what you mean is why isn't Meyer or Ma77 posting so you can start drama.

You are ruining these message boards.
You need to quit putting words in other people's mouths that is not what I was meaning at all.I do Not want to argue. So Quit It.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson wins big if they have some sort of passing game

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote:Jackson wins big if they have some sort of passing game
Jackson has a real good passing game .

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Here is my thoughts and I know a few of my fan favorites will have plenty to say, in which I am not going to play your game and argue. It's my own opinion just like everyone else has one.

I think Meigs has no identity, Every team we have faced this year knew that our linebackers were depleted, not only our #1 Linebacker is out so is our #2. This makes running on us easy. Our linebackers sizes are as follows 6'0 160lbs, 5'6 140lbs, and 6'1 190lbs. So lack of size and experience at that position hurts and it has allowed our Secondary to easily lead the team in tackles. (and yes we aren't great tacklers)

Athens exposed our passing defense, or should say lack of...Before Athens game,we were giving up 40 yards a game in the air, had one bad game against VC....Athens Coaching took notice that our Secondary always have to have their eyes in the backfield, because they usually have to come up and make the tackle. Result was almost 400 yards passing and 4 Touchdowns, and these were wide open Receivers.

I am in NO WAY cutting down any kids or any Coaching, this is just what we have had to struggle with because of injuries. Losing 4 year starters hurts. Our Offense has been doing what is needed, we just have to figure something out on Defense.

Jackson can do Both, Run and Pass...I should say I'm gonna pick Jackson...But I can't take my rose colored glasses of and hope that my Meigs Marauders will get things together and play with heart and come up with a Win.

I will not argue, I am not putting ANY ONE down...It's my OPINION...I am no Coach, I just go by what I SEE.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Jackson Rolls

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ma77ox wrote:Here is my thoughts and I know a few of my fan favorites will have plenty to say, in which I am not going to play your game and argue. It's my own opinion just like everyone else has one.

I think Meigs has no identity, Every team we have faced this year knew that our linebackers were depleted, not only our #1 Linebacker is out so is our #2. This makes running on us easy. Our linebackers sizes are as follows 6'0 160lbs, 5'6 140lbs, and 6'1 190lbs. So lack of size and experience at that position hurts and it has allowed our Secondary to easily lead the team in tackles. (and yes we aren't great tacklers)

Athens exposed our passing defense, or should say lack of...Before Athens game,we were giving up 40 yards a game in the air, had one bad game against VC....Athens Coaching took notice that our Secondary always have to have their eyes in the backfield, because they usually have to come up and make the tackle. Result was almost 400 yards passing and 4 Touchdowns, and these were wide open Receivers.

I am in NO WAY cutting down any kids or any Coaching, this is just what we have had to struggle with because of injuries. Losing 4 year starters hurts. Our Offense has been doing what is needed, we just have to figure something out on Defense.

Jackson can do Both, Run and Pass...I should say I'm gonna pick Jackson...But I can't take my rose colored glasses of and hope that my Meigs Marauders will get things together and play with heart and come up with a Win.

I will not argue, I am not putting ANY ONE down...It's my OPINION...I am no Coach, I just go by what I SEE.

You have to stand behind your team until the end . This game will be competitive .

Inside/outside em
Riding the Bench

Post by Inside/outside em »

I don't know about standing by your team until the end??? I've been a Dolphins fan my entire life, but I'm about to jump ship. I miss me some Dan Marino. Maybe I'll root for the Colts now, bc if I root for the clowns or bungals, I'll live my whole life without experiencing the thrill of an NFL championship!!!! :cry: :cry:

Inside/outside em
Riding the Bench

Post by Inside/outside em »

Oh, almost forgot!

Don't get caught looking ahead ironmen!
#trapgame
if you play like you did last week, you'll be just fine!
Need to clean up the turnovers too

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Inside/outside em wrote:I don't know about standing by your team until the end??? I've been a Dolphins fan my entire life, but I'm about to jump ship. I miss me some Dan Marino. Maybe I'll root for the Colts now, bc if I root for the clowns or bungals, I'll live my whole life without experiencing the thrill of an NFL championship!!!! :cry: :cry:
Always more room for Steeler Fans...lol

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Fonzie wrote:I will admit it is odd not to have Mattox or Meyer on here posting all their wise information.
Curious to what type of lesson you would like this week? I usually try stay away from most Meigs post until someone starts bashing kids or coaches.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

ma77ox wrote:
Inside/outside em wrote:I don't know about standing by your team until the end??? I've been a Dolphins fan my entire life, but I'm about to jump ship. I miss me some Dan Marino. Maybe I'll root for the Colts now, bc if I root for the clowns or bungals, I'll live my whole life without experiencing the thrill of an NFL championship!!!! :cry: :cry:
Always more room for Steeler Fans...lol
No!!!!!

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

MeyerSpread wrote:
Fonzie wrote:I will admit it is odd not to have Mattox or Meyer on here posting all their wise information.
Curious to what type of lesson you would like this week? I usually try stay away from most Meigs post until someone starts bashing kids or coaches.
By the way, I have the third post on page 1 :D :lol:

coyote26
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote26 »

Got an email from the school that the game time been changed from 730 to 700.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Who is Mattox? I'm ma77ox...#7's not T's.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

coyote26 wrote:Got an email from the school that the game time been changed from 730 to 700.
Yes 7:00 is game time.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson wins 63-7

Not what I expected but a wins a win. Time to focus on winton woods

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Geesh

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Poo Bear wrote:Jackson wins 63-7

Not what I expected but a wins a win. Time to focus on winton woods

Winton Woods beats D1 Elder tonight to keep their playoff hopes alive. They will travel to Jackson next week very motivated.

Return to “Football”