Wheelersburg 41 Minford 10

Burg4
JV Team

Re: WK 8 Wheelersburg 7-0 VS Minford 5-2

Post by Burg4 »

JV Score from tonight:

Burg 49- Waverly 0

(Score was 42-0 midway thru 2nd quarter)

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I just want to see Minford come out and compete in this one, show that they are willing to step between the lines and give effort all game. Hopefully an injury free game. These next 2 weeks will reveal the character of this Minford team.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Minford will have an uphill battle . Burg is a legit championship caliber team. I think Minford comes out and plays hard as the emotion will het them through a quarter. Minford has nothing to lose , just fly around and play good hard football. Burg needs to keep the ship rolling into the playoffs. Good luck to both teams .

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote:Minford will have an uphill battle . Burg is a legit championship caliber team. I think Minford comes out and plays hard as the emotion will het them through a quarter. Minford has nothing to lose , just fly around and play good hard football. Burg needs to keep the ship rolling into the playoffs. Good luck to both teams .
These arrogant Jackson Posters. :roll: I can't believe you would say Minford has an up hill battle. No respect for them at all.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

knowledge wrote:I just want to see Minford come out and compete in this one, show that they are willing to step between the lines and give effort all game. Hopefully an injury free game. These next 2 weeks will reveal the character of this Minford team.
Me as well. I know Coach Ruby will be using this as a teaching moment. He is a great motivator. The kids will be fired up for this one. I talked to Him last night. He know's what Burg has. They are concentrating on fundamentals this week. Hang on to the ball and make solid tackles. I don't doubt Minford will be ready to play.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Re: WK8 Minford (5-2) @ Wheelersburg (7-0)

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Burg is the word....i'm a Burg alumni but I have no idea the history on that phrase...anyone know?
And one other off topic question why does Fairland dragons band play are fight song? Sounds about the same lol. Really anyone know?
As for minford they only have beat Burg like 4 times out of 60 games :shock: that's not made up. Burg owns minford in football... sorry falcon fans

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

The actual record is W 54-L 6, 90% win percentage... The last win by Minford was in 2009, Burg lost 16-15.

Predicting this game ends up 49-6.

GO BURG!

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

PirateBB wrote:The actual record is W 54-L 6, 90% win percentage... The last win by Minford was in 2009, Burg lost 16-15.

Predicting this game ends up 49-6.

GO BURG!
Lol I was close I shorted them 2 so they have 6 wins out of 60 attempts lol I'm gonna use that as my score prediction
Burg 54
Mighty minford 6

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

As far as I can remember, Minford only has a handful of wins against Wheelersburg since Minford started football in 1959 or 1960. Those came in 1985, twice in 2000, 2003, and 2009.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jason Vorhees wrote:As far as I can remember, Minford only has a handful of wins against Wheelersburg since Minford started football in 1959 or 1960. Those came in 1985, twice in 2000, 2003, and 2009.
That 85 team was a nice squad losing to West and CAPE to go 10-2 on the year.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

Not trying to start anything but i do have a question. Wheelersburg is great every year but tell me why you never hear about any of them playing college football?

BLUE AND WHITE
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

SEOPlegend wrote:Not trying to start anything but i do have a question. Wheelersburg is great every year but tell me why you never hear about any of them playing college football?
Because very few of them go on to play at the next level. I have wondered why for a while now. What I know from experience.. Most burg kids don't know how to get themselves noticed by colleges. Burg coaches don't have relationships with college coaches to get the kids under their radar.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

That's a great question. First of all, outside of Cincinnati, very little attention is paid to any high school teams south of Columbus. You can watch the weekly High School Blitz on Time Warner and see schools all over Ohio and never see any coverage of teams down here. You do have to do a lot of self-marketing to be seen. In all sports, you have to play on travel ball teams, attend camps/showcases, send video footage and pursue college coaches yourselves, etc. Many coaches here begin the year saying I'm Not Here to get your kid in college. I'm here to Win ball games for the school. Very little is done by coaches around here to get a player seen IMHO.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Take Cain Madden for example. He wasn't noticed by anyone but a few NAIA schools. This spring he went into the Ohio AllStar game and cleaned a 4-star recruit to Ohio State's clock for 4 quarters. Afterwards, Marshall signed him almost immediately. If kids want to get noticed then parents have to get them to camps and take the initiative to get the word out. Not everyone has the resources nor the time to put in the effort to get their kid noticed.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

8332 Granite St wrote:Burg is the word....i'm a Burg alumni but I have no idea the history on that phrase...anyone know?
And one other off topic question why does Fairland dragons band play are fight song? Sounds about the same lol. Really anyone know?
As for minford they only have beat Burg like 4 times out of 60 games :shock: that's not made up. Burg owns minford in football... sorry falcon fans
I believe its the same ( Washington Swing )

Pirates stay strong and keep rolling.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The Trashmen had the song Surfing Bird in 1963 which had the lyrics bird is the word so it only fit Burg is the word. Catchy song check it out on you tube.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

I will be arrogant and say they came to a game and heard us say that and they changed it, LOL

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
smurray wrote:Burg should cruise into the playoffs but would sure love to see the Falcons pull the upset. Don't see it happening but can wish.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Poo Bear wrote:One play away from a win for the Tigers . Waverly is legit
Correction one play away from the Tigers going ahead 20 to 17 with 10 Min. left and still a Burg win

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Poo Bear wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:

Oh those humble loveable Burg posters are back .
Really? So you think it's arrogant to say that Burg could have scored after Waverly did? What is your deal? I think Burg would have as well. At least a field goal to tie and who knows after that. But for you to call someone arrogant for giving their honest opinion, makes you a Hillary. I thought all deplorables stuck together, but you ma'am, have proved me wrong.
Has nothing to do with the Waverly game . Burg won that game . Congrats it was a great game. We need teams to get better in southern Ohio, and Waverly seems to be on the right track.

Look at the end of the post . Burg JV in the second half against Minford , burg wins in a big way.
Zero respect to your soc2 opponent Minford Falcons who are 5-2 . But I guess Minford posters should just accept that the burg posters have the right to dismiss them totally.

Are you serious?? Would it make it better to say Burg by 1 point? This game with all due respect will be a blow out for the Burg.
All good.

Return to “Football”