Wheelersburg 41 Minford 10

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: WK8 Minford (5-2) @ Wheelersburg (7-0)

Post by 4thgoal »

tobehonest wrote:http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports ... -long-task

Quite possibly the worst article I've ever read.. who is this chick?
Last week the Burg @ Waverly game was being played at Ed Miller Stadium according to her too :oops: :oops:

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

These articles get more awkward each week. I'm glad that "Wheelersburg knows Minford can play some serious football." It painfully obvious this writer does not have much football knowledge. Even worse is her editors not giving her help/feedback. About par for the course of what the PDT has become. Scioto Voice and Community Common have a lot better local sports coverage even if not daily papers.*

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

art_vandelay wrote:

These articles get more awkward each week. I'm glad that "Wheelersburg knows Minford can play some serious football." It painfully obvious this writer does not have much football knowledge. Even worse is her editors not giving her help/feedback. About par for the course of what the PDT has become. Scioto Voice and Community Common have a lot better local sports coverage even if not daily papers.*
The junk she wrote for the Valley-Waverly game was just as disgraceful. She has absolutely no idea what she is doing and watching her report during that game, it was extremely evident.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Geez, terrible and embarrassing article. Poorly written with little research done. I guess in our society these days, primarily looking at the Presidential election, we should just be happy that she included no "locker room talk." Article sounds like a 5th grade book report written by a 3rd grader.

Go Burg!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Burg4 wrote:Geez, terrible and embarrassing article. Poorly written with little research done. I guess in our society these days, primarily looking at the Presidential election, we should just be happy that she included no "locker room talk." Article sounds like a 5th grade book report written by a 3rd grader.

Go Burg!
Goodness Gracious, this is embarrassing for the paper, the community, and even the entire Appalachian region. Now for the game, I hope I am not leaving at halftime with my best memory from the night being the popcorn.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Maybe she is new and is trying, Where is the Editor He should be catching things and helping her.

Go Pirates

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

NewEra wrote:
Burg4 wrote:Geez, terrible and embarrassing article. Poorly written with little research done. I guess in our society these days, primarily looking at the Presidential election, we should just be happy that she included no "locker room talk." Article sounds like a 5th grade book report written by a 3rd grader.

Go Burg!
Goodness Gracious, this is embarrassing for the paper, the community, and even the entire Appalachian region. Now for the game, I hope I am not leaving at halftime with my best memory from the night being the popcorn.
You might want to stay for the whole game since according to the article, the falcon's are known to come back and win unexpectedly! :roll:

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I am okay with her being new and trying; however, when you say Minford hasn't won since 2004, I have a problem with and am not even from Minford. The article seems thrown together at the last minute and there was no research for the article of actual FACTS. That is what bothers me about the article. It doesn't take that long to look at Joe Eitel.

Roy rogers
Waterboy

Post by Roy rogers »

didnt minford beat in in 2009 , think it was oeschs senior year

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

absolutely embarrassing. someone really needs to question this girls qualifications

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Roy rogers wrote:didnt minford beat in in 2009 , think it was oeschs senior year
16-15 at minford

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jason Vorhees wrote:I am okay with her being new and trying; however, when you say Minford hasn't won since 2004, I have a problem with and am not even from Minford. The article seems thrown together at the last minute and there was no research for the article of actual FACTS. That is what bothers me about the article. It doesn't take that long to look at Joe Eitel.
or even burgfan

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

piratepride86 wrote:Maybe she is new and is trying, Where is the Editor He should be catching things and helping her.

Go Pirates
Agreed. This should have never made it across the editors desk. You can't really blame her.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jason Vorhees wrote:I am okay with her being new and trying; however, when you say Minford hasn't won since 2004, I have a problem with and am not even from Minford. The article seems thrown together at the last minute and there was no research for the article of actual FACTS. That is what bothers me about the article. It doesn't take that long to look at Joe Eitel.
American media outlets not using facts? When did that start happening? :lol: :lol: Besides, you really think she knows about joe eitel's site? Blame the editor my friend. She's making like 25 grand a year, what do you expect? :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Oaf wrote:
American media outlets not using facts? When did that start happening? :lol: :lol: Besides, you really think she knows about joe eitel's site? Blame the editor my friend. She's making like 25 grand a year, what do you expect? :lol:
I doubt she even makes that.

If she does, she is severely overpaid!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

"She didn't know about Joe Eitel, until she knew about Joe Eitel" -Hilary Clinton response.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

NewEra wrote:"She didn't know about Joe Eitel, until she knew about Joe Eitel" -Hilary Clinton response.
Touché :lol: :lol: :lol:

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

So even the title of the article is wrong "Falcons Face Decade Long Task"

I expect her article tomorrow morning to read as follows "Falcons Defeat Wheelersburg for 1st Time in 33 Years! The Wheelersburg Pirates dominated the Minford Falcons Friday night in Minford, Ohio. The Pirates played some serious football, and the Falcons surprisingly almost came from behind in their 56-6 defeat. The Pirates will be playing next week on Ohio."

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

PirateBB wrote:So even the title of the article is wrong "Falcons Face Decade Long Task"

I expect her article tomorrow morning to read as follows "Falcons Defeat Wheelersburg for 1st Time in 33 Years! The Wheelersburg Pirates dominated the Minford Falcons Friday night in Minford, Ohio. The Pirates played some serious football, and the Falcons surprisingly almost came from behind in their 56-6 defeat. The Pirates will be playing next week on Ohio."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

PirateBB wrote:So even the title of the article is wrong "Falcons Face Decade Long Task"

Or they could tease us like in 2005, score the first TD then proceed to head to the outhouse.

Return to “Football”