Wheelersburg 41 Minford 10

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Re: WK8 Minford (5-2) @ Wheelersburg (7-0)

Post by Burg Bias »

English as a second language.
PDT in the future let a HS student who understands football submit articles about the game for a class credit.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Not a shocker in this one. The Burg is a solid, very solid team.
After Minford loss to the Vikings, I gave them no chance of competing in this one.
Good luck to both teams next week.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

vladimir wrote:Wheelersburg was the better team tonight. Minford did hang tough and never quit. It's nice to see a game where the refs left the guys play for the most part and not filled with flags and turnovers. Good luck to the Pirates, I'm sure I will enjoy traveling to see a few playoff games hosted by the Da Burg.

Minford needs to put this behind them and regroup for Waverly. West gave Waverly everything they wanted and I think Waverly's star player(Harris ?) may be done for the year. I'm predicting an upset in Minford next week: Falcons 20 Waverly 19.
Don't know where you heard Harris was out for the year but that will not be good for the Tigers if true.
If true, Waverly will have to make changes this week on both sides of the ball they couldn't and weren't prepared to make last night. One player in football doesn't win or lose a game but Harris is Waverly's best player on both sides of the ball. He's a fast strong back who can break tackles and carry defenders and leads the team in tackles, tackles for loss and sacks from the linebacker position.

Sorry for inserting this in a Minford/Wheelersburg thread but Harris and Waverly was mentioned.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Burg Bias wrote:
PDT in the future let a HS student who understands football submit articles about the game for a class credit.
Pretty bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

smurray wrote:
Burg Bias wrote:
Pretty bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

"The Falcons could predict their plays in advance, but the Pirates were not ready to lose tonight."

Looks like Minford had ESP, or maybe visited a fortune teller, so thank goodness the Pirates weren't ready to lose last night!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

JTEK wrote:Thought minford played well on D. Burgs #4 seemed to give burg a spark on there 2nd scoring drive, he ran good and extremely hard all night. Just my opinion here but I think that kid needs more touches, not necessarily from the qb position, but that kid might be better than anyone on this team running the ball.
The are 3 guys on this team who consistently make plays and gain yardage when there really isn't anything there and that kid is one of them. The other 2 get the ball, that kid needs the ball in his hands more.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Burg Bias wrote:
That's actually a really good idea. With all the typo's and run on's in that article it looks like something an seops mouth breathing low brow would post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote:
JTEK wrote:Thought minford played well on D. Burgs #4 seemed to give burg a spark on there 2nd scoring drive, he ran good and extremely hard all night. Just my opinion here but I think that kid needs more touches, not necessarily from the qb position, but that kid might be better than anyone on this team running the ball.
The are 3 guys on this team who consistently make plays and gain yardage when there really isn't anything there and that kid is one of them. The other 2 get the ball, that kid needs the ball in his hands more.
I have a feeling starting this week #4 will be playing a lot more offense

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

JTEK wrote:
fbnut wrote:
They started off the year doing that as well. Switching QB''s a series or 2. They kind of got away from it. The only problem I see with it is the play calling is predictable. I say pUT him at RB. That would be a pretty deadly zone read. Then with Bivins and Reyes running the jet sweeps you have a host of kids with the ability to take it to the house. Then the PA pass off of that.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

P(irate) wrote:
JTEK wrote:
fbnut wrote: The are 3 guys on this team who consistently make plays and gain yardage when there really isn't anything there and that kid is one of them. The other 2 get the ball, that kid needs the ball in his hands more.
They started off the year doing that as well. Switching QB''s a series or 2. They kind of got away from it. The only problem I see with it is the play calling is predictable. I say pUT him at RB. That would be a pretty deadly zone read. Then with Bivins and Reyes running the jet sweeps you have a host of kids with the ability to take it to the house. Then the PA pass off of that.
I wasn't suggesting playing him more at qb. Put him in the backfield, wideout, slot wherever just get him the ball.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg 41 Minford 10

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I have to agree. Lowery needs to be on the field more on the offensive side of the ball. He is very shifty when he gets the ball and he has break away speed every time he touches the ball.

Would be nice to add another runner to the mix they already have. Never a bad thing to have, to many runners come playoff times.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

JTEK wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
JTEK wrote: I have a feeling starting this week #4 will be playing a lot more offense
I wasn't suggesting playing him more at qb. Put him in the backfield, wideout, slot wherever just get him the ball.
Well I think it is going to start happening.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports ... cons-41-10

This has got to be like punked or something, these articles can't be serious lol.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

The writer also does articles for the Scioto Voice and does a real good job . I think football is just not her expertize.

Return to “Football”