Ironton 14 Coal Grove 12

Rosie
Waterboy

Re: WK8 Coal Grove (5-1) @ Ironton (4-3)

Post by Rosie »

What time do the gates open on Friday at the TANK?

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

Rosie wrote:What time do the gates open on Friday at the TANK?
6:00 PM
7:00 PM Kickoff

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Carico is #9 and yes he is a good player. Ironton will get it done. I have heard all but Klaiber and Wilson will be going this week in the Coal Grove game. Of course they Still have Chase Rowe and Andrew Scott out. Andrew I believe is having surgery this week. Offense isn't something Ironton really needs to worry so much about in this game, as they will find a way to score, as long as they can play good defense, and there the only loss is Wilson which has been making the majority of the tackles of late, however, Pleasant will be sent back into his role as linebacker and he will do a fine job as always. On the offensive side of the ball I look for there to be a good fix there as well. Ironton might miss a beat, but they will change a few things that will make them more elusive. Should be another good game for the Tigers. A good team don't go down with injuries. This team is on a roll and I can't see them stopping now.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

IBTT wrote:Carico is #9 and yes he is a good player. Ironton will get it done. I have heard all but Klaiber and Wilson will be going this week in the Coal Grove game. Of course they Still have Chase Rowe and Andrew Scott out. Andrew I believe is having surgery this week. Offense isn't something Ironton really needs to worry so much about in this game, as they will find a way to score, as long as they can play good defense, and there the only loss is Wilson which has been making the majority of the tackles of late, however, Pleasant will be sent back into his role as linebacker and he will do a fine job as always. On the offensive side of the ball I look for there to be a good fix there as well. Ironton might miss a beat, but they will change a few things that will make them more elusive. Should be another good game for the Tigers. A good team don't go down with injuries. This team is on a roll and I can't see them stopping now.
Sounds like a plan to me..............

tobehonest
Waterboy

Post by tobehonest »

I think this will be a close game
CG 21
Ironton 20

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I like how you think ibtt. but we went from having a full stable of backs to a FEW empty stalls with fighting tiger injuries. it'd be a good week to work on some short passing plays. and do that thing called a forward pass.especially to tight ends, or backs.gotta loosen their bowels a lil. because they'll be loading the box to stop the run with several key injuries to the fellers in stripes.------------------------- I think ironton finds a way.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Gotta go with Ironton in this one. They handled Chesapeake, who I thought would win the OVC.

I know CG had the turnover bug against Peake or that game would have been much closer.

I think everyone in Southern Ohio is hoping for Ironton to win out, face Burg week 11, and watch IBTT crash and burn on SEOPS. The way he got blow away on here was even closer than the score week 1 vs Burg.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

to be abso-tively honest with you red.i don't want nothing to do with wheelersburg right now. they have our number. I just want to see the tigers win out. and draw somebody else 1st. but nobody is more important than the coal grove hornets right now. and they have a fine team, they always do. this will be a battle in the trenches. if the fighting tigers line sustains their blocks longer as they did against Chesapeake. they could get the running game going.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

Bleeding Red wrote:Gotta go with Ironton in this one. They handled Chesapeake, who I thought would win the OVC.

I know CG had the turnover bug against Peake or that game would have been much closer.

I think everyone in Southern Ohio is hoping for Ironton to win out, face Burg week 11, and watch IBTT crash and burn on SEOPS. The way he got blow away on here was even closer than the score week 1 vs Burg.....

Im thinking that someone had a little to much to drink last night. lol. " Everyone " in southern ohio wants What? Everyone in lawrence county will be pulling for CG tomorrow night and you know that as well as anyone does. You Know that the whole league is waiting for someone in the OVC to beat the arnton taggers. ; )

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

Any tailgating planned for this matchup?

I wouldn't mind stealing a few hotdogs or burgers.. 8-)

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

ELChapo wrote:
Rosie wrote:What time do the gates open on Friday at the TANK?
6:00 PM
7:00 PM Kickoff

No they open at 5:45 not 6.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Buckeye09 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Gotta go with Ironton in this one. They handled Chesapeake, who I thought would win the OVC.

Im thinking that someone had a little to much to drink last night. lol. " Everyone " in southern ohio wants What? Everyone in lawrence county will be pulling for CG tomorrow night and you know that as well as anyone does. You Know that the whole league is waiting for someone in the OVC to beat the arnton taggers. ; )

is Friday the night it actually happens. we'll have to see. my money is on the fighting tigers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ALMOST THAT TIME FOR SOME SMASHMOUTH OHSAA FRIDAY NIGHT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL DOWN SOUTH STYLE, LET'S GO FIGHTING TIGERS. LET'S YANK THEM STINGERS SLAP OUTTA THEM HORNETS--------------- GO TIGERS GO.

tobehonest
Waterboy

Post by tobehonest »

I just think the time is right for some reason.. I think CG has the heart and the team to win a close one this year.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

This is going to be a grind it out, team with the fewest mistakes wins. I know Ironton has beaten Chesapeake and Rock Hill so far, and they are the defending OVC Champ, I think Coal Grove learned from their close loss last year against Ironton and finds a way to reverse the score of last year. I will say Coal Grove 13 Ironton 6

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Injuries are caused by a number of things and for a number of reasons. The turf vs. natural grass war will always be waged with no definitive outcome. However, I played my grade school through high school years on natural grass and collegiate years on turf. I prefer natural grass but for no reason other than that is what I was most accustomed to. That being said, I look forward to one heck of a back yard brawl at the Tank tomorrow night. May the best team win and escape injury free to fight another day.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Ironton by 14

AT THE RESERVATION
IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Coal Grove seems to luck out at least last season and this season after Ironton has lost a slew of Key starters. I believe though it will probably go just as last year, Ironton will find a way to win and pull away at the end of the game.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

IBTT wrote:Coal Grove seems to luck out at least last season and this season after Ironton has lost a slew of Key starters. I believe though it will probably go just as last year, Ironton will find a way to win and pull away at the end of the game.

Explain " Luck Out ". Just because they kept the game close with Ironton, they lucked out? Smh

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Buckeye09 wrote:
IBTT wrote:Coal Grove seems to luck out at least last season and this season after Ironton has lost a slew of Key starters. I believe though it will probably go just as last year, Ironton will find a way to win and pull away at the end of the game.

Explain " Luck Out ". Just because they kept the game close with Ironton, they lucked out? Smh
I think it means CG hasn't played Ironton when the tigers are 100% healthy. Just my interpretation.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Return to “Football”