Northridge 39 Minford 17

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Northridge 39 Minford 17

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford coming off a gritty OT win vs West.

Northridge, at 2-4, has lost all 4 games to very good schools (Washington (D4 5-1), Lakewood (D4 4-2), Fort Fry (D6 6-0) and Johnstown Monroe. All were very close games except the Johnstown Monroe loss.

Their 2-4 record could be very misleading on how solid of a team they actually might be.

I think Minford really needs to start throwing the ball down the field to open up the inside running game for Compton. I'm not sure if they took any shots down field on routes longer than 10 yards against West. Slippery balls might have kept them from doing that so hopefully the weather is decent and the offense can get back on track.

Thoughts?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: WEEK 7: Minford (5-1) vs Northridge (2-4)

Post by NewEra »

I agree, I would like to see more shots down the field, and even the middle of the field. I'd like to also see the screen game back in the mix, we had a beautiful jail break middle screen right before half with I believe it was Oak Hill? I think plays like that are going to be critical week 8 at Wheelersburg to avoid being taken out to the woodshed early. As for this week's game, this is IMO the proverbial trap game for the Falcons with Burg and Waverly in the next 2 weeks. Minford needs to be locked in and focused on Northridge. Overall, I am very pleased with how this team has improved week to week under Coach Ruby.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye game was close at half but Fort missed 5 extra points it should of been like 42-20. They have a nice RB Legaree he runs hard but he's small like most of the team. Fort lost star LB Clay Baker in the game and Northridge was losing 13-0 when he got hurt. His departure hurt the Cadets. I'll tell you this Northridge is a very solid tackling team they don't miss tackles. They are very small overall.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

NewEra wrote:I agree, I would like to see more shots down the field, and even the middle of the field. I'd like to also see the screen game back in the mix, we had a beautiful jail break middle screen right before half with I believe it was Oak Hill? I think plays like that are going to be critical week 8 at Wheelersburg to avoid being taken out to the woodshed early. As for this week's game, this is IMO the proverbial trap game for the Falcons with Burg and Waverly in the next 2 weeks. Minford needs to be locked in and focused on Northridge. Overall, I am very pleased with how this team has improved week to week under Coach Ruby.
No trap here. Those games loom for sure. But they aren't in the forefront. Screens are ineffective without the threat of a deep ball or the ability to run consistently. It is the element of surprise.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Minford by 28.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Re: WK7 Minford (5-1) vs Northridge (2-4)

Post by 85yards »

Yawn! Minford by 12

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

Northridge 24 - Minford 22

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford is locked in on this game and not thinking ahead. Minford has more size and depth and needs to go more up tempo and mix it up, spread them out. Minford defense is solid against the pass. Make the Viking one dimensional. Minford wins by 28

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

marshallman wrote:Minford is locked in on this game and not thinking ahead. Minford has more size and depth and needs to go more up tempo and mix it up, spread them out. Minford defense is solid against the pass. Make the Viking one dimensional. Minford wins by 28
I agree, I love the run game and how effective it has been with Compton, Caudill and the gang, but I think we have gone a little conservative, which has been fine for the past few weeks, but will be very bad news next week, especially if we get way behind the sticks on 2nd and 3rd down. Not to look ahead too much, but I feel we have to double Holden with a safety over top next week. First, just take care of Northridge tonight!

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Minford off to a great start and they need a big win tonight to stay in the playoff hunt. It's only going to be harder from here on. Minford wins tonight by a TD

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It's 19-0 Northridge

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

19-3 at half, what in the world is going on up there?

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

26-17 Northridge 4:43 left 3rd.

Falcons battling back.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Final score Northridge 39, Minford 17

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

mglight88 wrote:Final score Northridge 39, Minford 17

Bring on the Burg

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Northridge 39 Minford 17

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Wow!!! Congrats Vikings I gave you NO SHOT to win this game.Not only did you win, you won going away.

Much respect earned.

Return to “Football”