Jackson 46 Logan 14

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson 46 Logan 14

Post by Ironman92 »

Logan coming off a good win vs Athens but can they pull off another upset this week?

Jackson played well against a struggling Warren team. How do these two matchup?

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Jackson (4-2) vs Logan (1-5)

Post by ironman02 »

The rivalry game for the last SEOAL championship! Logan has 26 SEOAL football championships, while Jackson has 24. The two schools with the most titles facing off to see who claims the final crown. Personally, I wouldn't want it any other way. Hopefully these two proud programs can meet again soon in a non-conference game.

Logan appears to be playing with a lot of confidence, especially after the big win against Athens last week. You can bet they'll be fired up to play Jackson as well. On the other hand, the Ironmen are still fighting for an outside shot at the playoffs, and they're the two-time defending SEOAL champs. They'll be looking to end SEOAL play on the right note and keep the championship in Jackson where it belongs. If the Ironmen play a solid game, I think they'll get the job done.

Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

Jackson wins big again, Logan is young and caught Athens looking past them. Hope this game continues in the future, Logan will benefit in a couple of years by playing the youngsters now.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Daniel Boone wrote:Jackson wins big again, Logan is young and caught Athens looking past them. Hope this game continues in the future, Logan will benefit in a couple of years by playing the youngsters now.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Jackson is in the same boat. Small senior class and starting multiple freshmen and sophomores. Just a big difference in where these 2 programs are currently.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Trap game for Jackson if they take Chiefs too lightly.

Doubt that happens so call it 38-10.

Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

Seniors: Hall-QB
Farley- RB/DB
Roseberry-Ol/DE
Williams-RB/TE/LB
Frisby-OL

Juniors
Lewis-OL
Neal-RB/LB
McCoy-RB/DB
Morris-OL/DL

Humphreys, Evans are sophomores and Graham is a freshman. Speakman is a junior, Coffey a senior and I am sure I misses someone from the roster. Ah yes, forgot Storms a junior I think. No one is wrong just that last 2 years these seniors and juniors have played a lot of varsity football, I should have been clearer with my earlier post, Jackson is a more experienced team. Ironmen still win big despite my unclear post, sorry

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Catchup13 wrote:
Daniel Boone wrote:Jackson wins big again, Logan is young and caught Athens looking past them. Hope this game continues in the future, Logan will benefit in a couple of years by playing the youngsters now.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Jackson is in the same boat. Small senior class and starting multiple freshmen and sophomores. Just a big difference in where these 2 programs are currently.
Wrong, The Seniors and Juniors that Logan has, has little or no Friday night playing experience from last year. In a completely different boat than Jackson.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

IMO, Athens wasn't looking past Logan, Logan has made some very fine adjustments and was ready. The lines are getting better and more experience each game. The whole team is starting to come together.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson will replace about 4 starters next season. They are very young. The freshmen class is 30 deep And has a a lot of different skill sets that will help provide depth for the team next season.

Logan played very hard Friday . Jackson / Logan you can throw the records out. I think it's close at half and Jackson imposes its will in the second half .

Jackson 34
Logan 19

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Jackson to strong for Logan but is a rivalry go Ironmen

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Jackson ain't Athens. Totally different brand/style of football, and always has been.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

If Jackson plays well they should roll Logan.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jackson by 3 scores and that's if Logan plays a clean game. Logan turns the ball over should see a running clock.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Jackson ain't Athens. Totally different brand/style of football, and always has been.
The two have played each other enough times to be well aware of "brand/style" of football each brings to the table, but this year Jackson has caught Logan in a way down situation. Better take the # 25 last Seoal championship while it's good for the getting, but the Chiefs I think are going to make Jackson work for it. ;) No numbers prediction here, but I think Jackson comes out with the W.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Jackson ain't Athens. Totally different brand/style of football, and always has been.

This is actually a fair analysis.

Athens = madden type of offense, very little defense, works well when you run into a group of athletes coming through and not so well otherwise.

Jackson = defensive mindset and usually a ground and pound type of offense, physical teams.

Logan is not going to outscore someone this year so advantage Jackson on keeping Logan to less than 14 and scoring enough to win.

Call it 28-14.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I'll take Jackson. 49-0! Jackson with too much speed.

Inside/outside em
Riding the Bench

Post by Inside/outside em »

Last SEOAL game ever for the ironmen! And another outright title on the line. Whatever intensity the chiefs bring into this game will be, at least, matched by Jackson. I'll take Jackson at home! No score prediction here, this is a rivalry, also the last matchup for these schools for a while maybe...throw out the records boys. They're playing for a league title too
Can't wait to see the Logan marching band, always entertaining.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK7 Jackson (4-2) vs Logan (1-5)

Post by mattash »

SEOAL Championship?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
loganlocos
SEOP

Re: WK7 Jackson (4-2) vs Logan (1-5)

Post by loganlocos »

This is what I call the "Legacy" game.

Every year Jackson and Logan players - especially seniors - can define their legacy in this game. Just look at the number of championships between the two schools and you can see that the title runs through Logan and Jackson every year.

This current Jackson run reminds me of Logan's from 1998-2009. Especially in the early part of that run, Jackson was extremely good. But Logan was just a bit deeper and a little better. Since Coach Hall came to Jackson, Logan has been up and down, but Jackson has been consistently excellent capped off by two straight playoff runs.

Logan obviously hasn't had the start they wanted.

I've said since week 1 that you could argue Logan has a two game season - Jackson and Warren. The playoffs were highly unlikely even if these went well for Logan the first three weeks. So winning the league title is all that matters.

I said last week that Logan doesn't have to be better that their opponent over the course of the season. They have to be better on Friday night.

Logan was better than Athens last Friday. It will take an even better effort this week.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Inside/outside em wrote:Last SEOAL game ever for the ironmen! And another outright title on the line. Whatever intensity the chiefs bring into this game will be, at least, matched by Jackson. I'll take Jackson at home! No score prediction here, this is a rivalry, also the last matchup for these schools for a while maybe...throw out the records boys. They're playing for a league title too
Can't wait to see the Logan marching band, always entertaining.
I'm a football fan from way back. But I'll have to admit, the halftime matchup/entertainment is worth the price of admission. Stay in your seats folks. Wow!

Return to “Football”