Westsider1993
JV Team

2011 West Prospect.

Post by Westsider1993 »

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Re: 2011 West Prospect.

Post by Sider95 »

Those highlights were from his sophomore year. Can't wait to see how he does next season.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

scary aint it

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Would be nice to see his Junior year stuff.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Why not just post this link on the other thread about Trevon?

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

awsome highlights. I think he can play big time football if given the opportunity. He has the measurables and a great knowledge of the game for a kid his age. He wants to be good and works hard at it.

In that Portsmouth game he really looks fast. Portsmouth has alot of speed and he ran them down. He explodes through the ball carrier and is an excellent form tackler.

I would love for him to get a chance at OSU. He is just as good as athlete as Ross Homan or Austin Spitler. But they seem to be loaded at LB right now.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

siderman wrote:awsome highlights. I think he can play big time football if given the opportunity. He has the measurables and a great knowledge of the game for a kid his age. He wants to be good and works hard at it.

In that Portsmouth game he really looks fast. Portsmouth has alot of speed and he ran them down. He explodes through the ball carrier and is an excellent form tackler.

I would love for him to get a chance at OSU. He is just as good as athlete as Ross Homan or Austin Spitler. But they seem to be loaded at LB right now.

Ok....I am not for bashing kids on these websites at all but really????
From scout.com(they are usualy very wrong on their times, and base their rankings off of film and talking to recruiters)

Ross Homan(4 star LB)-6'1 227 4.7 40 time
Austin Spitler(3 star LB)-6'3 235 4.6 40 time
Trevon Pendelton(not listed)

From Rivals.com(pretty much base their rankings off of combine stats)

Ross Homan(4 star LB)-6'1 229 4.55
Austin Spitler(3 star LB)-6'2 216 4.72
Trevon Pendelton(NOT listed)

Pendelton is a outstanding football player and a heck of a athlete, but some of you people kill me. He may get a chance at a D1 program but you should think before you speak(well type in this case) before comparing him to 4 star athletes who had multiple offers. Also for those who claim that he can run a 4.6 or 4.5 forty here is a link to the site for the next level camp he just participated in http://nextlevelfootball.net/2010%20Top%2010.html (the 10th fastest time was a 4.86 forty)

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

mikenmike wrote:
siderman wrote:awsome highlights. I think he can play big time football if given the opportunity. He has the measurables and a great knowledge of the game for a kid his age. He wants to be good and works hard at it.

From scout.com(they are usualy very wrong on their times, and base their rankings off of film and talking to recruiters)

Pendelton is a outstanding football player and a heck of a athlete, but some of you people kill me. He may get a chance at a D1 program but you should think before you speak(well type in this case) before comparing him to 4 star athletes who had multiple offers. Also for those who claim that he can run a 4.6 or 4.5 forty here is a link to the site for the next level camp he just participated in http://nextlevelfootball.net/2010%20Top%2010.html (the 10th fastest time was a 4.86 forty)

MikenMike,

I was at the combine in massillon two weeks ago and those times were done by laser on an extremely slow surface. Shaquille Washington who is probably the fastest player in Ohio only ran a 4.95 40. On a hand time he was clocked at a 4.4 on the exact same run by the rivals analyst Greg Ladky. Also, Last year at Ohio State football camp with coach heacock (d cord.) and coach fickell (LB Coach) timing him he ran the fastest 40 time of the linebackers at a 4.62 and that is listed on rivals, check trevons account. They also have not ranked any of the prospects in the class of 2011 yet. Trevon will either be a 3 or 4 star when the first set of rankings come out in May. The offers are getting ready to start rolling in as well. Last week he sent out 50 tapes to various colleges all over the country. he is receiving emails and hand written letters from BCS conference schools. After they evaluate his film in the coming week, expects offers to start piling in. Trevon is also listed as an athlete unlike Homan and Spitler coming out. Which means Rivals thinks their are possibly 3 or 4 positions trevon could play in college on either side of the ball. So you might want to do some research and think before you type yourself.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:
mikenmike wrote:

MikenMike,

I was at the combine in massillon two weeks ago and those times were done by laser on an extremely slow surface. Shaquille Washington who is probably the fastest player in Ohio only ran a 4.95 40. On a hand time he was clocked at a 4.4 on the exact same run by the rivals analyst Greg Ladky. Also, Last year at Ohio State football camp with coach heacock (d cord.) and coach fickell (LB Coach) timing him he ran the fastest 40 time of the linebackers at a 4.62 and that is listed on rivals, check trevons account. They also have not ranked any of the prospects in the class of 2011 yet. Trevon will either be a 3 or 4 star when the first set of rankings come out in May. The offers are getting ready to start rolling in as well. Last week he sent out 50 tapes to various colleges all over the country. he is receiving emails and hand written letters from BCS conference schools. After they evaluate his film in the coming week, expects offers to start piling in. Trevon is also listed as an athlete unlike Homan and Spitler coming out. Which means Rivals thinks their are possibly 3 or 4 positions trevon could play in college on either side of the ball. So you might want to do some research and think before you type yourself.

Read it again I never said that he could not play D1 ball, I said that you guys are wrong when comparing him to Spitler or Homan. Also, scout.com has updated their rankings.......twice. If he was going to be a 3 or 4 star athlete he would be listed by now, but hes not. If you want proof he's not on there check for yourself (here ill make it easy) http://hsohio.scout.com/a.z?s=142&p=9&c=4&yr=2011

So once again, he CAN make it at a D1 program and I really hope he does. Its a great accomplishment and it can only help future atheltes from the area at getting a look. But people comparing him to guys who were 4 star recruits is just crazy talk. If he ends up being listed as a 4 star athlete then I will gladly except my crow with alot of a1 sauce :122245 I just don't see it happening. Best of luck to him this season(except minford week) and in his college career!!

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

MikenMike,

The reason he is not listed on scout is because he is yet to participate in a combine sponsored by scout. May 1st he particpates in a scout sponsored combine. We will see after that where he is ranked. And I have seen Homan and Spitler both play in person in highschool and he is as good an athlete as either of them two. Last summer at the National Underclassman Combine he finished 3rd in the nation at outside linebacker. You can look that up. And the top 500 athletes from the class of 2011 was there. Also can you tell me exactly how mant players from Souther Ohio (Ever) been invited to the U.S. All-American combine.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... ton-101211

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Like I have said before, great job Trevan!!! (everyones a critic :122246 :122246)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Is was about this time last year that we were having the same types of comments on Roback. Several said he hadn't dominated in the SOC II so there was no way he was a D1 football player. Last time I looked he signed with Notre Dame.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

siderman wrote:Is was about this time last year that we were having the same types of comments on Roback. Several said he hadn't dominated in the SOC II so there was no way he was a D1 football player. Last time I looked he signed with Notre Dame.

Apparently they dont teach basic reading and comprehension skills over at west (that or you just decided to skip class one to many times) I never said that he was not a D1 football player, just that he is not the same level of recruit as what Homan or Spitler are.

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

mikenmike wrote:
siderman wrote:Is was about this time last year that we were having the same types of comments on Roback. Several said he hadn't dominated in the SOC II so there was no way he was a D1 football player. Last time I looked he signed with Notre Dame.

Apparently they dont teach basic reading and comprehension skills over at west (that or you just decided to skip class one to many times) I never said that he was not a D1 football player, just that he is not the same level of recruit as what Homan or Spitler are.

They must not teach punctuation at the school you went to. Dont has an ' in it and west has a capital W. -P) haha

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Nice job by a great kid. Best of luck your Senior year I would like to see you run for 2,000 yards.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Yeah........over Mikenmike!! lol

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Trevon is not ranked as high because he is in little ole West Portsmouth. Thank goodness for the internet. He will silence the critics he will succeed. Believe the hype he is the real deal. One of the best "football players" out of this area ever.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I watch this again and the kids around him will be older, smarter, stronger and faster that is a good thing for West and their program.

Great Job Coach T, Coaching Staff, Fans and most of all the kids on the team.

Work Hard All Year Long Football Season is Around The Corner!!!!

Good Luck!!!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think he will silence the critics again this year, but really? I guess people knock because they get sick of hearing about him...but lets just talk about his high school career, specifically last year, he rushed for 1400 yards, 9 yards per carry, 18 tds and had 82 tackles...when post-season awards were coming out I saw and heard a lot of critizism about him...but anyway I think will lead a very success college career at a d1 school

Return to “Football”